Detroit Metropolitian (DTW) Airport
Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport Overview
Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport DTW is Michigan's primary Airport - also referred to as 'Metro Airport'. It is one of the newest, busiest, and most efficient airports in North America with two new passenger terminals, 145 gates, and two modern inspection service facilities for international arrivals. J.D Power & Associates ranked Metro Airport, among large U.S. airports, as number one in terms of overall customer satisfaction.
DTW Airport is located on approximately 20 miles outside of the City of Detroit, Michigan, and is situated to the north close to Interstate Highways 94 (Exit 198) and I-275.
With six long jet runways and serving an estimated 32 million passengers each year, Detroit Metro Airport serves as the SkyTeam Alliance's major mid-western hub, is Delta's second-largest hub and its primary gateway to Asia, and is a major operations base for low-cost carrier Spirit Airlines. The Airport is served by numerous domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
NOTE: Lufthansa has launched curbside check-in & baggage check service for its Frankfurt & beyond bound passengers. Those who have already checked in online may drop off their checked luggage at the curb. Also, Lufthansa's FlyNet enables passengers to surf the internet and use mobile data communication onboard.
The on-Airport Westin Hotel (tel. 734-942-6500) is inside the McNamara Terminal, offering a pool, spa, and 34 meeting and boardrooms, and a well-equipped business center. Skytrax just named this hotel to be among the top-three airport hotels in North America.
The passenger terminal complex at Metro Airport consists of the McNamara and the North Terminals, connected by a shuttle bus.
Present & future Airport Developments: 29 new retail concessions will open by Spring 2014.
Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport Update History
- DTW Airports - Oct 17, 2013
- DTW Airport Intro - Oct 9, 2013
- DTW Main Terminals - Oct 9, 2013
- DTW Buses & Trains - Oct 1, 2013
- DTW Taxis & Limos - Sep 9, 2013
- DTW Security - Aug 26, 2013
- DTW Pets - Aug 26, 2013
- DTW Persons With Disabilities - Aug 26, 2013
- DTW Business Services - Aug 26, 2013
- DTW Chapel - Aug 25, 2013
- DTW Official Website Links - Aug 25, 2013
- DTW Banking ATM - Aug 25, 2013
- DTW Lost Found - Aug 25, 2013
- DTW Internet - Aug 25, 2013
- DTW Guest Services - Aug 25, 2013
- DTW Currency Exchange - Aug 25, 2013
- DTW Int Arrivals - Aug 25, 2013
- DTW Email - Aug 6, 2013
- DTW Parking On site - Jun 27, 2013
DTW AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
DTW Delays: 15 mins or less.