Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport DTW
- also referred to as 'Detroit Metro Airport' is Michigan's primary Airport - also referred to as 'Metro Airport'. It is one of the newest, busiest, and most efficient airports in North America with two new passenger terminals, 145 gates, and two modern inspection service facilities for international arrivals. J.D Power & Associates ranked Metro Airport, among large U.S. airports, as number one in terms of overall customer satisfaction.
Metro Airport is located in Romulis, Michigan - approximately 20 miles from the City of Detroit, and close to Interstate Highways 94 (Exit 198) and I-275. (For Airport road construction updates open http//mdotnetpublic.state.mi.us/drive/Default.aspx)
With six long jet runways and 34.4M passengers in 2016, Detroit Metro Airport is the SkyTeam Alliance's major mid-western hub, is Delta's second-largest hub, and is a major operations base for low-cost carrier Spirit Airlines. Metro Airport is served by domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
- AeroMexico offers Mexico flights from the McNamara Terminal to Mexico City and as of May 1, 2017, to Monterrey - timed to catch connections to airports throughout Mexico):
- Delta currently serves Monterrey with 2 daily flights;
- AeroMexico starts January 2017 with flights to Monterrey (already sells tickets)
- Southwest resumed in early 2017 weekend service to Orlando.
- Spirit is adding services to Oakland & Seattle as of Spring 2017;
- United starts direct flights to San Francisco by Summer 2017.
Current Airlines at Detroit Airport:
AeroMexico, tel. 800-237-6639 - at McNamara Terminal
Air Canada, tel. 888-247-2262 - at North Terminal
AirFrance, tel. 800-237-2747 - McNamara Terminal
Alaska, tel. 800-252-7522 - at North Terminal
American, tel. 800-433-7300 - at North Terminal
Delta, tel. 800-221-1212 - at McNamara Terminal
Frontier, tel. 802-401-9000 - at McNamara Terminal
jetBlue, tel. 800-5382583 - at North Terminal
Lufthansa, tel. 800-645-3880 - at North Termial
Royal Jordanian, tel. 212-949-0050 - at North Terminal
Southwest, tel. 800-435-9792 - at North Terminal
Spirit, tel.801-401-2200 - at North Terminal
United, tel. 800-united-1 - at North Terminal
The on-Airport Westin Hotel
(tel. 734-942-6500) is inside the McNamara Terminal, offering a pool, spa, and 34 meeting and boardrooms, and a well-equipped business center. Skytrax named this hotel to be among the top-three airport hotels in North America.
Metro Airport has two passenger terminals
- the McNamara and the North Terminal -
connected by a shuttle bus.