Grand Forks GFK Airport Overview
Grand Forks International Airport GFK is North Dakota's busiest commercial airport and serves the eastern part of this state and its Red River Valley region, as well as Minnesota's Polk County, and can be easily reached from these communities. The Airport has recently experienced rapid air traffic increase, some due to the need for Bakken-bound employees to get to the shale oil fields of Minot & Wiliston.
NOTE: Charter jet service gets you to the Bakken in less than an hour; you can also reach the Airport via 4-lane U.S. Hwy 2 (east/west); or take the daily Amtrak train between Grand Fork & Minot on to Williston.
GFK Airport is is only 4 miles from Grand Forks, North Dakota, off Interstate Hwy 29/ US Hwy 81 (Exit 141), on US Hwy 2 (18th Avenue).
With four runways, and 275K yearly passengers, Grand Forks Airport is presently served by a number of airlines, offering increasing numbers of flights to some major U.S. hubs, with convenient connections.
Grand Forks International Airport has one passenger terminal.
Grand Forks GFK Airport Update History
- GFK Food & Stores - Oct 24, 2013
- GFK Airports - Oct 24, 2013
- GFK Airport Intro - Oct 17, 2013
- GFK Main Terminals - Oct 17, 2013
- GFK Rental Cars - Oct 9, 2013
- GFK GMT Offset - Oct 9, 2013
- GFK Timezone - Oct 9, 2013
- GFK Email - Oct 9, 2013
- GFK Buses & Trains - Oct 9, 2013
- GFK Security - Sep 18, 2013
- GFK Pets - Sep 18, 2013
- GFK Official Website Links - Sep 18, 2013
- GFK Lost Found - Sep 18, 2013
- GFK Internet - Sep 18, 2013
- GFK Parking On site - Aug 9, 2013
- GFK Airlines Served - Jul 3, 2013