Airport Maps & Terminal Guide
Getting Around the Airport
The terminal building structure at the GFK Airport consists of one main terminal building which houses all the facilities of the airport.
The main terminal consists of two levels. There are two passenger gates which offer a range of services to the travelers.
Outside the ticketing lobby, there is a designated pet relief area.
On the second floor, there are admin offices providing paging services for the hard-of-hearing.
Other services include AEDs, free Wi-Fi, escalators/elevators, unisex/family restrooms, and a range of dining and shopping options.
To get better oriented, see the Grand Forks International Airport Terminal Overview Map (GFK Map).
Food, Shops & Amenities
There are many options for shopping and dining around GFK airport provided by Red River Valley Tap House. They serve both in the pre-security and post-security areas and are known to provide: fresh coffee, refreshing drinks, pastries, and unique gifts. You can also order their service on the go, online.
The security checkpoints at GFK airport are monitored by the Federal TSA - Transportation Security Administration. Only passengers possessing tickets are allowed to proceed beyond any of the security checkpoints. All security checkpoints provide access to the concourses and airplane gates.
The hours and wait times estimates for each security checkpoint can be found on the Grand Forks International Airport Security Wait Times Page.
- Arrive 75 minutes - 120 minutes before flight time as recommended by Delta and Allegiant airlines.
- TSA Precheck services are available at GFK airport.
- The entire airport is highly accessible via wheelchairs and escalators, including the pet relief areas as well
- Print your boarding passes beforehand or use electronic boarding passes to save time
- Get all information regarding baggage sizes, airline schedule, curbside pickup/dropoff, or wheelchairs, prior to reaching the airport
- Smoking is not permissible inside the airport terminals
- When traveling with children, please note:
- There are 3 unisex family bathrooms in the GFK airport terminal
- There are changing diapers available in all
- Baby formulas have also been made available
- When traveling with pets or other animals:
- Review the airline policies beforehand
- Use the pet relief areas if required. These are located outside the terminals near the ticketing lobby
- In case of lost items:
- Call the airport lost and found at (701) 795-6981 Ext. 600
- Call 816-243-5544 for lost items inside any of the airport parking lots or either of the two-colored buses
- Call your airline for lost items inside the aircraft, departure lounge, or at the ticket counters
- Call 816-243-1390 for lost items inside the rental car shuttle bus