Chicago Rockford RFD Airport Overview
Chicago Rockford International Airport RFD serves the city of Rockford in northern Illinois - close to the Wisconsin border. As it is only 68 miles northwest of Chicago, it can also serve as a welcome alternative to major Chicago airport hassles.
RFD is home to the second-largest air hub sorting facility in United Parcel Service's system. DHL and BAX Global have smaller facilities at RFD. Right on airport premises is the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, a world leader in aviation and aerospace education.
The Airport is only 4 miles south Rockford - near Interstate Hwy I-39 & US 20, with access to I-90 & US 51.
With two long runways a yearly passenger count of about 210,000, Chicago Rockford Airport focuses on providing vacation charters to popular non-stop seasonal destination, but has also offers scheduled flights to major U.S. hubs with connections around the world.
Chicago Rockford Airport has one passenger terminal.
Chicago Rockford RFD Airport Update History
- RFD Airports - Oct 27, 2013
- RFD Main Terminals - Oct 18, 2013
- RFD Airport Intro - Oct 18, 2013
- RFD Buses & Trains - Oct 18, 2013
- RFD Pets - Sep 18, 2013
- RFD Persons With Disabilities - Sep 18, 2013
- RFD Official Website Links - Sep 18, 2013
- RFD Security - Sep 18, 2013
- RFD Lost Found - Sep 18, 2013
- RFD Parking On site - Aug 9, 2013
- RFD Airlines Served - Jul 3, 2013