Shanghai Hongqiao (SHA) Airport
Shanghai Hongqiao SHA Airport Overview
Hongqiao Airport goes back to the original Shanghai airport, started over 80 years ago. As passenger traffic grew, a second airport was built - the Pudong Airport (40 km from Shanghai). The two airports mainly differ in that Pudong has taken over the bulk of the international flights, while Hongquiao, closer to the city, concentrated mostly on domestic flights. However, Hongqiao, after extensive renovation, has become one of the four busiest Airports in China and now also includes some international flights.
NOTE: both Hongqiao & Pudong can be reached by the same hotline: 96990
SHA Airport is located in Puxi, Changning District, and is 13 km west of downtown Shanghai, situated close to the China Sea. . The Airport is truly an integrated transport hub for shuttle and long-distance buses, the Metro, and connection to the Bullet train. Speedy accesss to/from the Airport is available via the expanded Metro train lines 2 & 10 (Line 10 serves both Terminals and interchanges with Line 2 at Terminal 2).
With two very long runways and an average of 33 million passengers per annum, Hongqiao International is hub for China Eastern, Shanghai Airlines & Spring Air, and is served by domestic, Korean & Japanese airlines, offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
1. The 5-star Shanghai Hongqiao Airport Hotel - with 456 rooms & 12 conference rooms - offers access inside Terminal 2 - with check-in counter service & an exclusive security lane in the lobby, the process taking no more than 30 minutes.
2. The Shanghai Marriott Hotel Hongqiao is only 2 km from the Airport (tel. 021) 6237 6000. It also offers a fitness center & steakhouse.
Hongqiao International Airport has two passenger terminals - T1 & T2.
Present and future Airport developments: 1. Renovation on Terminal 1 started year-end 2014. Upon completion, T1 will house a 2,000 sq.meter duty-free store for international passengers, and offer shower & changing rooms. - No completion date is yet available.
2. An 800-km rail network - with a rapid rail system to connect both Pudong & Hongqiao - is planned for 'the next decade'.
Hong Qiao Lu 2550
Puxi, Changning District, Shanghai, 200335
- Website for Shanghai Hongqiao: http://en.shairport.com/hongqiaoair.html
- Phone: +86 (21) 3252 1090 /or 021 96990