Istanbul Ataturk (IST) Airport
Istanbul Ataturk IST Airport Overview
If you come to the City to see the sites, stay a few days at least. You will find not only the tourist sites breathtaking, but its people fascinating and engaging and the food to be a culinary adventure. Ataturk Airport was selected as 'Best Airport for Business Travellers [within Europe]', as well as 'Fastest Growing Airport' (according to Euro Annies 2013) and finally given the 'Airport of the Year' award.
IST Airport is located in Yesilkoy, on the European side of the city - 28 km from downtown Istanbul, the great and historic city on the Bosporus where two continents and East and West meet. You can reach the Airport by coastal road 'Ataturk Havalimani Cd', connecting to the north motorway D-100 and the TEM (Trans-European Motorway).
With three runways and an estimated yearly passenger count of 50 million, Istanbul Ataturk Airport is hub to Turkish Airlines and Onur Air, and is served by many major international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all parts of the globe.
The TAV Call Center has been set up for all passenger questions and complaints - simply dial 444 9 828 (828 stands for TAV).
The HAVAS Call Center has been set up for passenger inquiries regarding lost baggage & transfer services- simply dial 444 0 487 (487 stands for HAVAS).
- 'Instanbul Airport Hotel' (tel. +90 212 465 4030) is right next door, attached to the International Terminal at its left side.
- 'TAV Hotel' (tel. +90 (212) 465 4030 or visit airporthotelistanbul.com) is situated partly at airside, and partly at land-side with a total of 131 rooms; all rooms show flight information, with internet access & can be used on a daily or hourly basis. The land-side included fully-equipped meeting rooms, convertible into one single room.
Istanbul Airport has a Domestic & an International Terminal.
NOTE: For a Google Street View of the Airport and its surroundings visit Google Maps online, then add in the search box on top 'Istanbul Ataturk Airport'. You will then see a yellow human figure: drag the sign onto the map - some areas will turn blue, which are for street view. For closer view, drag the yellow figure to the area you are interested in.
Future Airport developments: Around-the-clock construction has started on a new Airport located 35km from Istanbul, in the district of Arnavutkoy, along the coast line of the Black Sea, and - to become one of the world's largest airports - intended to replace the current Ataturk Airport. Upon scheduled opening at first quarter 2018, it is to accommodate 150M passengers annually, supported by six runways and glass-and-steel Passenger Terminal divided into three sections: the center section of which has one concourse, and the two outside sections each have two separate concourses, built in a V shape. A long Satellite Concourse (opposite of the main Terminal's center concourse, will spread out on both sides of its center.
- Website for Istanbul Ataturk: http://www.ataturkairport.com/en-EN/Pages/Main.aspx
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +90 212 463 3000 /fax 465 5050