Jackson Evers International Airport JAN
serves the greater Jackson, Mississippi, area. It was recently chosen by 'Airport Council International' in the under-5 million passenger category as being a 'Worldwide Top Five Performing Airport'. The Airport is open 24/7; while security checkpoints and ticket counters open at differnet times. (call 601-939-5631).
JAN Airport is located in Flowood, near the state capital city of Jackson - a 20-minute drive. It is situated to the North of I-20 and to the East of I-55, leading to Airport Road.
With two long runways and 985,450 passengers in 2016, Jackson-Evers International Airport is served by a number of major airlines and their affiliates, offering non-stop flights to major US cities, with global connections.
Jackson Evers Airport has one passenger terminal.
Present and future Airport developments:
Under the 'Strategic Plan 2021' it was disclosed in March 2016 that according to this Plan, the following projects are to be included:
- First-class customer service to represent Misssissippi's hospitality.
- Consolidated Rental Car facility;
- New concessions for the Terminal Concourse;
- Land development and enhancements for the East Metro Parkway;
- Top-of-the lne airport lodging and hotel accommodations.