Jacksonville JAX Airport Overview
Jacksonville International Airport JAX serves the City of Jacksonville and its surroundings of northeast Florida, as well as parts of southeast Georgia. It offers passengers great service, art exhibits and live music, rocking chairs & free WiFi. The Airport - managed by the Jacksonville Aviation Authority ('JAA') - was just recently quoted by New York Times Magazine as being 'one of the cheapest airports to fly out of in the country'.
Jacksonville Airport is about 18 miles north of downtown Jacksonville, and is situated within close proximity to Interstates I-95 and I-295/ Florida 9A, and is the gateway to northeast Florida and southeast Georgia.
With two runways and an estimated 5 million passengers annually, Jacksonville Airport is served by a number of airlines, offering non-stop flights to major US Cities, with connections around the world.
Silver Air Service has started the first international air service to te Bahamas (Marsh Harbour MHH Airport).
(a) The Clarion Hotel Airport Conference Center (tel. 904-741-1997) on 2101 Dixie Clipper Rd., and
(b) the Microtel Inn and Suites (tel: 904-741-4911) on 13200 International Airport Blvd.
Jacksonville Airport has one passenger terminal.
Jacksonville JAX Airport Update History
- JAX Airports - Oct 27, 2013
- JAX Airport Intro - Oct 12, 2013
- JAX Main Terminals - Oct 12, 2013
- JAX Buses & Trains - Oct 4, 2013
- JAX Taxis & Limos - Sep 20, 2013
- JAX Official Website Links - Sep 5, 2013
- JAX Persons With Disabilities - Sep 5, 2013
- JAX Pets - Sep 5, 2013
- JAX Security - Sep 5, 2013
- JAX Smoking - Sep 5, 2013
- JAX Lost Found - Sep 5, 2013
- JAX Internet - Sep 5, 2013
- JAX Int Arrivals - Sep 5, 2013
- JAX Guest Services - Sep 5, 2013
- JAX Emergency - Sep 5, 2013
- JAX Carts Skycap - Sep 5, 2013
- JAX Business Services - Sep 5, 2013
- JAX Banking ATM - Sep 5, 2013
- JAX Airlines Served - Jul 3, 2013