Where Air Asia posistion departuremac cluster 10/20/2014
* Angkasa Pura II can be contacted directly by dialing 1500138.
SHIA Airport is located in Tangeran, Banten, 20 km from the capital City of Jakarta, and is accessible from Jakarta's city center by the Soedyatmo Expressway and by rail from the Manggarai station - Jakarta' central station.
With two very long runways and 54.1 milion passengers in 2016, Soekarno-Hatta International Airport is served by a host of domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
- Unless you are using the new rail service heading north to the Airport - it is strongly recommended that you allow at least one hour (up to 4pm), and at least 90 minutes after 4pm on any day, but especially on Friday - to get to the airport from central Jakarta; if arriving at Jakarta from another city, try to arrive after 9am to avoid the rush hour, as morning commute from the Airport to Jakarta can take 2-3 hrs due frequent flooding, roadwork, etc., and the fact that there is only one road leading into the City.
- Departure & Arrivals tax is $35 each!
- The Indonesian Government banned flight ticket sales at its aiports.
The Jakarta Airport Hotel is on level 2 of Terminal 2, between Concourses D & F (entrance at east end of complex).
The Sasana Angkasa Transit Hotel is in Terminal 1A
Jakarta-Hatta Airport has currently four passenger terminals - T1, T2 & T3 and new T3U.
Present & Future Airport Developments: The ongoing Airport 'face-lift' includes expansion of T1&T2, access road, an integrated building linking all 3 terminals, and an automated transportation system linking terminals, shopping mall and hotel. Under Phase 1, the following projects are to be completed:
- Construction on the Integrated Terminal & Rail Link's foundation were completed. The large new rail station is is to start service in July 2017.
- During 2016 (and part of Phase 1) - the following three projects were completed:
- T1 & T2 are being expanded to a capacity of 18 & 19 million passengers, respectively.
- 'Terminal 3 Ultimate' - covering 370,000 sq.meters, able to handle over 25M passengers a year, and equipped with the latest technology - opened is first phase of operation in late July 2016, and now also completed its remaining work.
- Ongoing third runway construction started late 2016, and will optimize passenger capacity and flight frequency..
- A new Terminal 4 adjacent to Terminal 3 Ultimate is tentatively schedule to open in 2021. A people mover system between terminals is part of the project.
(Preparations for the new Greenfield Airport in Karawan (east of Jakarta) are taking shape, which should serve West Java with Bandung & Bogor. Work will start in 2016, but may take up to 10 years to complete.)