Kahului OGG Airport Overview
Kahului Airport OGG - on the Hawaiian island of Maui - is the State's second-busiest airport, offering the the newest terminal facilities. Access to the passenger terminal, as well as to commuter/air taxi, cargo, scenic tour operators, general aviation and airport support facilities, is convenient via a roadway network connecting to the Haleakala and/or Hana Highways (commuter/air taxi and general aviation services, including helicopters, are in separate locations).
The Airport is only 3 miles east of the town of Kahului, on Maui's northern edge of the land bridge between Haleakala and the West Maui Mountain Range. It can be accessed from Hana Hwy 36 (Dairy Rd 380 and Haleakala Hwy 37 merge into Hwy 36).
With two runways and an estimated 5.3 million passengers a year, Kahului Airport is served by a host of major and minor airlines, including Hawaiian Airline, offering inter-island connections, as well as flights to Aisia and North America, with connections around the world.
NOTE: It is highly recommended to arrive at Kahului Airport at least 2 hours prior to overseas flights and 90 mintes prior to inter-itland flights, and - if you need to return your rental car, add at leat another 30 minutes to that time.
The closest hotel is in Kahului is about 2 miles (within walking distance) from the Airport: the Maui Beach Hotel 807-877-0051 and the Maui Seaside Hotel 808-877-3311.
Kahului Airport has a an 'Overseas' & and an 'Inter-Island' passenger terminal .
Present and future Airport developments: The Airport is in the process of modernizing its facilities with a focus on major infrastructure improvements (capacity expansion; new Consolidated Rental Car Facility (CONRAC); new airport access road; and taxiway & runway repairs). The terminal will get a new roof and its restroom will be renovated.
Kahului OGG Airport Update History
- OGG Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- OGG Food & Stores - Oct 28, 2013
- OGG Airport Intro - Oct 12, 2013
- OGG Main Terminals - Oct 12, 2013
- OGG Rental Cars - Oct 4, 2013
- OGG Buses & Trains - Oct 4, 2013
- OGG Smoking - Sep 5, 2013
- OGG Mail Center - Sep 5, 2013
- OGG Official Website Links - Sep 5, 2013
- OGG Parking On site - Sep 5, 2013
- OGG Persons With Disabilities - Sep 5, 2013
- OGG Pets - Sep 5, 2013
- OGG Lost Found - Sep 5, 2013
- OGG Internet - Sep 5, 2013
- OGG Int Arrivals - Sep 5, 2013
- OGG Guest Services - Sep 5, 2013
- OGG Emergency - Sep 5, 2013
- OGG Carts Skycap - Sep 5, 2013
- OGG Business Services - Sep 5, 2013
- OGG Banking ATM - Sep 5, 2013
- OGG Baggage Claim - Sep 5, 2013
- OGG Airlines Served - Jun 16, 2013