Kahului Airport Map & Terminal Guide
Getting Around the Airport
Kahului Airport has two passenger terminals - one Main Terminal and a Commuter Terminal.
The main terminal has a central building, with a ticketing lobby on level 1 and baggage claim carousels with terminal gates on level 2.
The central building houses an internet station with an AED and escalators/elevators, public telephones, ATMs, and a visitor information desk. Gates 1-15 are towards the left of the building, and Gates 17-29 are towards the right.
Between gates 1-15 has a USDA Inspection Station, internet station, and restrooms. Gates 17-27 houses the same services. Gates 29-39 has two internet stations, two AEDs, restrooms, and an ATM.
To get better oriented, see the Kahului Airport Main Terminal Overview Map (OGG Map).
The commuter terminal is served by Makani Kai Air and Mokulele Airlines. It houses two terminal gates, Gates 1 and 2, and an AED, restrooms, a smoking area, and wheelchairs.
To get better oriented, see the Kahului Airport Commuter Map (OGG Map).
Food, Shops & Amenities
There are many options for shopping and dining around OGG airport. Some notable shops and restaurants include California Pizza Kitchen, Burger King, and Newstand inside the Central Building; Maui Snack Bar, Stinger Ray’s Tropical Bar and Grill, inside the Main Terminal gate areas.
The security checkpoints at OGG airport are monitored by the Federal TSA - Transportation Security Administration. Only passengers possessing tickets are allowed to proceed beyond any of the security checkpoints. All security checkpoints provide access to the concourses and airplane gates.
The hours and wait times estimates for each security checkpoint can be found on the Kahului Airport Security Wait Times Page.
There is a Premium Club Lounge located on the second floor of the main terminal across Gate 17. It offers a range of services including free wifi, internet stations, and comfortable couches for all passengers.
- Arrive 90 minutes before flight time in case of domestic flights, and two hours before flight time in case of international flights.
- Print your boarding passes beforehand or use electronic boarding passes to save time.
- Get all information regarding baggage sizes, airline schedule, curbside pickup/dropoff, or wheelchairs, prior to reaching the airport.
- Keep your identification documents and other items of need in a small carry-on bag.
- Check with your respective airlines for the baggage limit and other related rules.
- Keep an itinerary at home for your family and friends to be able to reach you in case of any emergencies.