Memphis MEM Airport Overview
Memphis International Airport MEM serves Tennessee's city of Memphis and its surrounding counties. It considers itself as being the first 'Aerodropolis', which is an airport-integrated region extending outward from the airport in strings and clusters of airport-linked businesses and their associated residential complexes.Travelers from around the country and the world pass through the airport while making a pilgrimage to Graceland - Elvis Presley's 14-acre estate, which is a short distance from the Airport. Business Travelers have voted the Airport as one of the 10 best among US airports.
Memphis Airport is only a few miles south of the central business district of the city of Memphis, in Shelby County, and is accessible via Interstate Hwys. 55, 40 & 240. It is also a 'superhub' for FedEx operations around the world.
With 4 long runways and approximately 7 million passengers annually, Memphis International Airport is hub to Delta Airlines with routes to North American destinations and daily nonstops to Amsterdam, and is served by other major airlines and minor regional jet services offering direct and connecting flights within the country, and connections around the world.
NOTE: As of November 3, 2013, Southwest Airlines officially takes over the routes of AirTran.
The on-Airport Raddison Hotel is located at the Airport entrance, a one-minute drive from the passenger terminal.
Memphis International Airport has one passenger terminal with Concourses A & C.
Present and Future Airport Developments: A 5-phase project involving concrete reconstruction of the aircraft parking ramp surrounding the terminal concourses A, B & C, has completed its first phase early 2013 (addressing the courtyard between B & C concourses); the remaining phases should be done in about three years.
Memphis MEM Airport Update History
- MEM Airports - Oct 27, 2013
- MEM Airport Intro - Oct 12, 2013
- MEM Main Terminals - Oct 12, 2013
- MEM Buses & Trains - Oct 4, 2013
- MEM Rental Cars - Sep 27, 2013
- MEM Guest Services - Sep 4, 2013
- MEM Mail Center - Sep 4, 2013
- MEM Currency Exchange - Sep 4, 2013
- MEM Business Services - Sep 4, 2013
- MEM Banking ATM - Sep 4, 2013
- MEM Official Website Links - Sep 4, 2013
- MEM Taxis & Limos - Aug 22, 2013
- MEM Parking On site - Aug 10, 2013
- MEM Airlines Served - Jun 20, 2013