Metropolitan Oakland (OAK) Airport
Metropolitan Oakland OAK Airport Overview
Oakland International Airport OAK is one of three international airports in California's San Francisco Bay area - serving the East Bay area. Travelers looking for a low-cost and low-key alternative to the San Francisco International Airport often turn to Oakland International Airport. OAK offers the most daily flights between the Bay Area and greater Los Angeles, and is also the closest airport to nearly half of San Francisco's metropolitan area residents.
OAK Airport is only 4.6 miles south of the business district of Oakland, a city in Alameda County, and is accessible via Interstate 880 north & south (exit at 98th Ave to OAK; north traffic must turn left at stoplight; south traffic must turn right at stoplight; then continue straight on to Airport Drive. (Use right lanes for T1, left lanes for T2 for passenger pickup/ dropoff). Nearing the airport, tune to TIPS Radio 1700AM for current airport traffic, parking availability and security information.
With four runways and a yearly passenger count of over 10 million, Oakland International Airport is served by various regular and low-cost airlines offering numerous direct and connecting flights throughout the country, with connections to all points of the globe.
Hawaii is now a key market for Oakland International, and flights are offered to Maui (OGG), Hawaii (KOA) and Kauai (LIH), and Oahu (HNL).
The Oakland International passenger terminal complex consists of 2 terminals - T1 & T2.
Current & Future Airport Developments: Work started late 2010 on the BART-Oakland International Airport Connector, an elevated train/people mover, which is to go into service by 2014, replacing AirBART bus service. When it is in operation it will connect to BART transportation, take only a few minutes & come around every 8 minutes. Stops are planned for Doolittle and Coliseum stations.
Metropolitan Oakland OAK Airport Update History
- OAK Airports - Oct 26, 2013
- OAK Rental Cars - Oct 11, 2013
- OAK Airport Intro - Oct 11, 2013
- OAK Main Terminals - Oct 11, 2013
- OAK Buses & Trains - Oct 11, 2013
- OAK Taxis & Limos - Sep 20, 2013
- OAK Pets - Aug 31, 2013
- OAK Persons With Disabilities - Aug 31, 2013
- OAK Official Website Links - Aug 31, 2013
- OAK Security - Aug 31, 2013
- OAK Mail Center - Aug 31, 2013
- OAK Lost Found - Aug 31, 2013
- OAK Internet - Aug 31, 2013
- OAK Int Arrivals - Aug 31, 2013
- OAK Emergency - Aug 31, 2013
- OAK Carts Skycap - Aug 31, 2013
- OAK Business Services - Aug 31, 2013
- OAK Banking ATM - Aug 31, 2013
- OAK Parking On site - Jul 27, 2013
- OAK Food & Stores - Jul 20, 2013
- OAK Airlines Served - Jul 3, 2013