Miami MIA Airport Overview
Miami International Airport MIA serves the City of Miami and Dade County in south-east Florida, and is Florida State's primary Airport, and the third-busiest U.S. Airport - serving as gateway to the Caribbean, Latin America, & Europe. MIA is one of the fastest-growing Airports in the U.S. and is also rated to be among America's ten best Airports.
MIA Airport is only nine miles northwest of Miami, accessible via Interstate Highway 95 South (exit: State Road 112).
With four long runways and an estimated 40 million passengers a year, Miami Airport is a major hub for American Airlines, and is host to a multitude of domestic and international airlines and charters offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. What's more, the airport serves close to half a million passengers each week with destinations on the North and South American Continent and Europe.
The on-airport Miami International Airport Hotel has conference rooms on Concourse E, level 7 (305-871-4100).
The Terminal complex at Miami Airport consists of three connected terminals - the North, Central & South terminals - arranged in a semi-circle and surrounding the parking areas. The Skyride Connector - a moving walkway on level 3 - connects all three terminals (with 4 stops inside Conourse D) and parking areas.
Future Airport Developments: Upon completion of the new Miami Central Station (MCS) by early 2014, the Miami Intermodal Center (MIC) transporation hub, adjacent to the Rental Car Center (RCC), will access to all ground transportation, Metrorail & Metrobus service, TriRail (operating at Miami-Dade, Broward & Palm Beach counties), Amtrak, & other private transportation.
Miami MIA Airport Update History
- MIA Airport Intro - Oct 17, 2013
- MIA Airports - Oct 17, 2013
- MIA Buses & Trains - Oct 17, 2013
- MIA Parking On site - Oct 17, 2013
- MIA Main Terminals - Oct 9, 2013
- MIA Airlines Served - Oct 2, 2013
- MIA Rental Cars - Sep 25, 2013
- MIA Taxis & Limos - Sep 2, 2013
- MIA Official Website Links - Aug 24, 2013
- MIA Persons With Disabilities - Aug 24, 2013
- MIA Security - Aug 24, 2013
- MIA Telephones - Aug 24, 2013
- MIA Int Arrivals - Aug 24, 2013
- MIA Guest Services - Aug 24, 2013
- MIA Travelers Assistance - Aug 24, 2013
- MIA Lost Found - Aug 23, 2013
- MIA Baggage Claim - Aug 23, 2013
- MIA Banking ATM - Aug 23, 2013
- MIA Business Services - Aug 23, 2013
- MIA Carts Skycap - Aug 23, 2013
- MIA Internet - Aug 23, 2013
- MIA Currency Exchange - Aug 23, 2013
- MIA Chapel - Aug 23, 2013
- MIA Food & Stores - Jul 12, 2013
- MIA Gate Offset - Jul 11, 2013
- MIA Terminal Map - Jul 10, 2013