Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
We will be traveling on American (single booking) on [more]amfar Yesterday
Connection at MIA from Europe to Peru
Hey guys, I've seen mixed information and experience [more]Zoltan 11/16/2017
Clearning immigration and customs in miami : American
Hi - I have 1 hour and 35 mins on a flight in from Ba [more]Sarbari 11/09/2017
1hr20 Layover - Is it enough?
I'm thinking about booking a flight from Orlando to L [more]AbbeyD 11/01/2017
Miami Airport ( MIA ) Terminal Map # Fast food, restaurants, stores, cafes, bars
The Passenger Terminal Complex at Miami Airport consists of three connected terminals, arranged in a semi-circle & surrouding the parking areas: The North Terminal with Concourse D & Customs facilities; the Central Terminal with Concourses E, F & G ; and the South Terminal with Concourses H & J (all gates are on level 2). Each of the Terminals' Concourses serves specific airlines.
Getting Around at MIA:
- Skyride Connector is a moving walkway on level 3, connecting all terminals (with 4 stops inside Concourse D) and parking areas.
- Elevated Skytrain at North Terminal services the 1-mile-long Concourse D, with 4 stations between east and west Gates D17 & D46 and completing its route within 5 minutes.
- MIA Mover is a 1.25-mile-long elevated people mover system connecting passengers from the airport to the rental car center.
- Miami Metrorail: The quickest and most economical way to get to areas between Palmetto, Earlington Heights and Dadeland South, is by taking the Miami Metrorail: The new Miami Airport Metrorail Station's Orange line connects at Earlington Heights to the Green line heading north to Palmetto - while both Orange and Green lines proceed south to Dadeland South.
- APCs (Automated Passport Control kiosks) can be used by U.S. citizens & its green-card holders, by Canadian citizens, by passengers with only carry-on bags, and by passengers of all visa waiver countries - speeding up waiting time.
- Mobile Passport (http://mobilepassport.us) - CBP (Customs) mobile app for iOS & Android devices enables passengers to enter & submit passport & customs declaration info by using their smartphone or tablet. Eligible are U.S. citizens & Canadian citizens with both valid passport & B1 or B2 visa status.
- International Arrivals from Concourses D, E & F are being processed in the North Terminal's new 3-level Arrivals Facility. Its passport control hall has 72 processing lanes, able to handle 2,000 travelers/ hour; is also houses 30 passport control kiosks (APCs) for passengers who are US & Canadian citizens or citizens of visa-waiver countries. Six lanes and 12 Global Entry kiosks are specifically designed for Global Entry program members. Level 2 houses 5 baggage claim carousels - with access to Sky Train on either side, connecting to all other gates. The first level has a large greeting lobby. U.S. Customs & Immigration areas are located at (a) South Terminal J (exit a level 3, or if transferring to another flight take elevator to level 2); and b) at North Terminal D (exit at level 1, or if transferring to another flight take elevator to level 2). ).
- International Arrivals at South Terminal will be processed at Arrivals J. Unless you have gone through US customs clearance by participating airports, you need to go through passport check, retrieve checked bags, go through customs clearance and - if transferring to another flight - re-check-in bag on level 2, from which you can then connect to your next flight.
- TSA Security Checkpoints: Concourse D Checkpoint 4 (serving mainly passengers of American Airlines at Concourses D & E) opens during the rush hours between 8-10am and 6-8pm. Concourse D's checkpoint 2 is exclusively for TSA Pre-check passengers.
- 'MIAmamas' for Nursing Mothers are located on each of MIA’s concourses ( two at Concourse D, one a Concourse E Satellite.
- Indoor Pet Relief Areas (SARA): The first of 4 opened at post-security, Gate D-34 (there are also 3 outdoor facilities)
TERMINAL DETAILS: ('Food Truck Fridays' is located across from Park 8 entrance, at the corner of NW 22 Street & Permeter Road.)
The North Terminal houses Concourse D and baggage claim 21-27 and is the hub for Latin America & the Caribbean. The North Terminal Market Place (between gates D26-D28) currently offers: 305 Pizza; Cuban Crafters cigars; Fig & Fennel; Half Moon Empanadas; Miami Marlins merchandise; Maru & Friends (collectible porcelain dolls by award-winning artist); Estefan Kitchen Express (healthy grab-and-go Cuban classics) with full-service Bortran Rum Mojito Bar; My Ceviche' seafood deli; and soon 'Chefs of the Caribbean'.
Concourse D (1-mile-long) is served by American & American Eagle. It houses gates D1-D60 (level 2), served by the Skytrain on its roof with four stations, running between the east and west Gates - completing its route within 5 minutes:
- Skytrain Station 1 stops near gate D17 at eastern-most end of the Conourse and serves gates D1-19.
- Skytrain Station 2 stops between gates D20-25 - with access to domestic baggage claim.
- Skytrain Station 3 serves gates D26-39 (Admirals Club is at D30), passport control, exit to Central/South Terminals; and gates E1-35 of Central Terminal (with walkway to gates E10-30).
- Skytrain Station 4 serves gates D40-60, and the new Regional Commuter Facility with 2 concourse level gates and covered outdoor walkways to 12 lower-level gates for American Eagle.
The Central Terminal houses Concourses E, F & G (F in center), and has corresponding baggage claims 14, 15,19 for E; 10, 11 for F; and 12, 13 for G.
Concourse E with gates E2-E33 houses gates E2-E11(reached from level 2), and satellite gates E20-33, reached by train from level 4 of the Central Terminal. near Gate E-5 is the new children's play area.
Concourse F with gates F1-F23 -reached from level 2 of the Central Terminal -houses on level 2 gates F3-23.
Concourse G with gates G1-19 -reached from level 2 of the Central Terminal -houses on level 2
The South Terminal houses Concourses H & J (H at right, J at left) with baggage claims 5 - 8 for H, and 1 - 4 for J arrivals. A new 'virtual reality passenger assistant, named Leticia gives passengers information regarding the 60 shops, restaurants & services.
Concourse H with gates H3-17(reached from level 2), houses gates H3-17. NOTE: Concourse H is to be prepared to handle international flights of large A380 aircraft.
Concourse J houses gates J2-J18 (reached from level 2). International Arrivals at South Terminal will be processed at Arrivals J.
VIP Clubs & Lounges available at:
- MIA Hotel, at level 7: the Executive Conference Center.
- North Terminal:
Concourse D: American Airlines Admirals Club at gates D16 (Skytrain station 1) & D30 (Skytrain station 3). American Express Centurion Lounge at gate D12, (Skytrain station 1).
- Central Terminal:
Concourse E, pre-security: Military Hospitality Lounge on level 2; and Executive Conference Center, level 7 of MIA hotel;
Concourse E, post-security: Premium Lounge (AA, BA, IB) on level 5;
Concourse F, pre-security: Consular Lounge on level 2; post-security: Club America F at level 3;
- South Terminal:
Concourse H, post-security: Delta Sky Club on level 4.
Concourse J, post-security: (a) LATAM's VIP Lounge at gate J5; (b) Avianca's new 5,618 sq.foot VIP Lounge with shower facilities, ftee WiFi, children's play area, power outlets, business center, & work stations - available to LifeMiles Gold & Diamond Elite members, Star Alliance Gold Status holders, Priority Pass members & Business-class passengers.
Where to find your Airlines services (listed alphabetically by name & Code (3 per line), with counter location, departure concourse, & international arrivals. (Example: Aeroflot SU (name & code) at E counter, F: departure concourse; D: international arrivals). 'LATAM' is the new name for merged LAN & TAM airlines:
Aeroflot SU at E, F, D; Aerolineas Argentinas AR at J, H, J; Aeromexico AM at H, H, J;
airBerlin AB at E, E D; Air Canada AC at J, J. J; Air Europa UX at F, F, D;
Air France AF at H, H, J; Alitalia AZ at H, J, J; American AA at D, D&E, D;
American Eagle, at D, D, D; Aruba AG at F, G, D; Austrian OS at J, J, J;
Avianca AV at J, J, J; Avinor 9V at E, F, D; Bahamasair UP at H, G;
BoA (OB) at F, F, D; British Airways BA at F, E, D; Caribbean BW at J, J, J;
Cayman KX at E, F, D; COPA CM at J, J, J; Delta DL at H, H,
Eastern Air EA at F, F, D; Eurowings EW at F, F, D; Finnair AY at E, F, D;
Frontier F9 at G, G; Iberia IB at F, E, D; Insel Air 7I at E, F, D;
Insel Air Aruba 8I at E, F, D; Interjet 40 at E, E, D; KLM KL at H, H, J;
LATAM Airlines (4M, JJ, LA, LP, XP) at J, J, J; Lufthansa LH at J, J, J;
Miami Air LL at G, F, D; PAWA Dominicana 7N at G, F, F; Qatar QR at E, E, D;
Santa Barbara S3 at G, F, D; SAS Scandinavian SK at H, J & J; Silver 3 at H, G, J;
Sun Country SY seasonal at G, G, D; Surinam Airways PY at E, F, D;
Swiss Int'l LX at J, J, J; TAP Portugal TP, at level 1, at G, F, D; Thomas Cook MT at G, F, D;
TuiFly OR/TB at E, F, D; Turkish TK at J, H, J; United UA at G, G;
Virgin Atlantic VS at F, F, D; VivaColombia WS at H, J, J; Volaris Y4 at G, F, D;
WestJet WS at E, F, D; World Atlantic K8 at G, F, D; WW Air WW, at F, G J;
Xtra Airways XP at G, F, D; XL Airways France SE at F, F, D; Xtra Airways XP at G, F, D.
Major Cruise lines counter location: Carnival D, H; Celebrity D, H; Norwegian Cruise Lines G; Royal Caribbean D, J.