Minneapolis-St Paul (MSP) Airport
Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport Overview
MSP Airport (with 2 terminals - one at Glumack Drive, St. Paul, Zip 55111 (tel. 612-726-555) - the other at Humphrey Drive, Minpolis, Zip 55450 (tel. 612-726-5555) - is centrally situated within a 30-minute drive of both downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul, and is within easy reach of the surrounding suburban cities and towns. It is accessible via closeby Interstate Hwy 494 via new interchange between I-494 & 34th Avenue, and by Route 5.
With four runways and an estimated passenger count 35 million a year, Minneapolis-St. Paul International is the third-largest hub for Delta, and Delta Connection partners Compass & Pinnacle - both of which have headquarters there. It is also served by a host of major airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
Ground breaking on an on-Airport Hotel took place in July 2016.
Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport has two passenger terminals - Lindbergh Terminal 1 and the small Humphrey Terminal 2 (details of which are to be found under 'Terminal Maps').
NOTE: As the Lindbergh & Humphrey terminals are NOT connected by a shared roadway system, determine first from which terminal your flight departs - then watch for roadway signs to point you to the right terminal. (For GPS directions use Zip Code 55111 for Terminal 1 and 55450 for Terminal 2).
Future Airport developments: MSP Airport is currently modernizing its concessions program with 50 new food & drink and retail concessions. Furthermore, under the so-called 'MSP 2020 Vision', the following improvements are to be done over a 5-year stretch, in stages - upon completion of which there will be more technology processing passengers and their bags, less congestion at the ticket lobby and more daylight.
- Ongoing Phase 1 involves preparatory work at level T involving utility installations for new escalators & elevators on the lower level of T1 - to be completed by December 2016.
- Construction on the North end of T1 is to take 18 month; followed by construction on the south end; and the reconfiguration of escalators & elevators and expansion of arrivals & departure facilities. Elevators & escalators connecting the front levels of T1 are then being removed and replaced by a large central bank of elevators & escalators at both ends of the building. Once in place, work continues on ticketing & baggage claim levels (upgrading flooring, ticket kiosks & counters, baggage claim carousels, restrooms & dining options.
- Lindbergh T1 will be the exclusive terminal for Delta and other SkyTeam airlines; its lobby & baggage claim areas will be reconfigured; a parking ramp will be added; Concourses C & E are be converted into regional jet terminals; and Concourse G will have an international facility .
- Humphrey T22 is to be used for all non-SkyTeam airlines; it will get an an added parking ramp, and a new Concourse H (to be built at the former NWA Building B site). Ongoing construction of three more aircraft gates, to be completed by fall 2016, while new restrooms, nursing & lactation rooms, an indoor pet relief area and a green roof system are tentatively to be completed by 2017.
- Also under consideration are (a) more parking ramps to T1; (b) consolidating the two wider checkpoints & their staff. (c) an on-Airport upscale hotel catering to business travelers at either the near existing parking ramps.
MSP AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
MSP Delays: 15 mins or less.