MSP AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
MSP Delays: 15 mins or less.
Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport Overview
Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport MSP is the largest and busiest airport of the upper Midwest region (including Minnesota, Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota & Wisconsin), and MSP has been ranked as one of best large airports in the U.S. and the world by customer satisfaction surveys.
The Airport is centrally located within a 30-minute drive of both downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul, and is within easy reach of the suburban cities of Bloomington, Eagan, Mendota Heights and Richfield. It is accessible via closeby Interstate Hwy 494 and Route 5.
Caution: As the Lindbergh & Humphrey terminals are NOT connected by a shared roadway system, determine first from which terminal your flight departs - then watch for roadway signs to point you to the right terminal.
With four runways and an estimated 33.2 million passengers in 2012, Minneapolis-St. Paul International is served by a host of major airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
Note that Pinnacle Airport is moving its headquarters to MSP Airport (Pinnacle recently acquired Mesaba Airlines and is affiliated with Delta)
Global Entry; Security Checkpoints & TSA Pre-check:
1. The Airport has now a Global Entry Program available in both terminals (visit globalentry.gov or tel. 877-227-5511).
2. Security checkpoints: (a) the Lindbergh Terminal 1has international checkpoint 7 is on Concourse G; there are also six checkpoints on the ticketing level, and the Skyway Security checkpoint 10 is on the Concouse connector. Checkpoint 6, the 'Black Diamond', is for expert travelers. (b) the Humphrey Terminal 2 security checkpoint is on level 2.
3. TSA Pre-Check is available at Terminal 1, checkpoint 4 (or visit tsa.gov/what_we_do/escreenin.shtm).
The passenger terminal complex at Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport consists of two passenger terminals - the smaller Humphrey Terminal 2, located at 7150 Humphrey Drive in Minneapolis, and the spacious Lindbergh Terminal 2 at 4300 Glumack Drive, St. Paul. To connect between Humphrey & Lindbergh terminals, you can use the free light rail (LRT) located at the transit stations in front of both terminals. (For more information please refer to 'Terminal Maps' page.)
Parking Options at Minneapolis-St. Paul International: include a cell phone lot, covered general, multi-level Value, covered short-term and Valet parking. (For more information, please refer to 'Airport Parking' page.)
Rental cars are available (a) at Lindbergh Terminal - the concourse connector's center has an access door to rental cars; and (b) at Humphrey Terminal, cross the skyway to the parking ramp, then take the stairs down to level 1 of the garage.
To get from MSP Airport to your destination, you can rent a car , take a taxi or limo, shared-ride shuttles, the Light Rail or public buses:
1. The light rail system connects the Airport to the Mall of America, as well as to downtown Minneapolis and several other locations.
2. The SuperShuttle has ticket counters in Terminal 1 at the Ground Transport Center, which is accessible by the terminal's Tram Level T. - follow signs upstairs - reservations recommended (612-827-7777 /fax 713-8999 or visit supershuttle.com). SuperShuttle stops near green & gold parking ramps across from Terminal 1. Those arriving at Terminal 2: call for pickup at SuperShuttle kiosk in ground transport center on level 1 of purple ppaing ramp across from the terminal.
3. Metro Transit bus service to the Twin Cities metropolitan area, and Jefferson Lines scheduled bus service are both accessible at the Lindbergh Terminal's Transit Center. You can reach the Transit Center from the Red and Blue parking ramps or by taking the Hub Tram from the Lindbergh Terminal's Tram Level.
4. City bus 54 is outside of T1's Transit Center, on level 1 of blue & red parking ramps. Bus pickup/dropoff is in the Lindbergh Terminal's Transit Center, on Level 1 of the Blue and Red parking ramps. From the Lindbergh Terminal, passengers can access the Transit Center via the tram on the Tram Level or via the Skyway Connector between concourses C and G. Passengers arriving at the Humphrey Terminal must take light rail transit to the Lindbergh Terminal to access city buses.
For Metro Transit information call 612-341-44287 (automated) or 612-373-333 for regional transit information.
5. Buses within Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, North Dakota & South Dakota are part of the Jefferson Lines /Greyhound Bus Service. (visit jeffersonlines.com.
Present & future Airport developments: A new agreement calls for the following changes and additions:
1. The Humphrey Terminal is to be used for all non-SkyTeam airlines; it will get an expansion to 22 gates; an added parking ramp, and a new Concourse H (to be built at the former NWA Building B site).
2. The Lindbergh Terminal will be the exclusive terminal for Delta and other SkyTeam airlines; and Concourses C & E are be converted into regional jet terminals.
Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Services
Terminal Maps and Services
- MSP Baggage Carts / Skycap
- MSP Baggage Claim
- MSP Banking / ATM Services
- MSP Business Services
- MSP Currency Exchange
- MSP Emergency / Medical Services
- MSP Guest Services
- MSP Internet Access
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport Update History
- Updated MSP Airports page - May 16, 2013
- Updated MSP Food & Stores page - May 16, 2013
- Updated MSP Airlines Served page - May 7, 2013
- Updated MSP Official Website Links page - May 7, 2013
- Updated MSP Airport Intro page - Apr 13, 2013
- Updated MSP Main Terminals page - Apr 13, 2013
- Updated MSP Direct Flights page - Mar 13, 2013
- Updated MSP Layover page - Dec 13, 2012