Minneapolis-St Paul (MSP) Airport
Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport Overview
MSP Airport (with 2 terminals - one at Glumack Drive, St. Paul, Zip 55111 (tel. 612-726-555) - the other at Humphrey Drive, Minpolis, Zip 55450 (tel. 612-726-5555) - is centrally situated within a 30-minute drive of both downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul, and is within easy reach of the surrounding suburban cities and towns. It is accessible via closeby Interstate Hwy 494 via new interchange between I-494 & 34th Avenue, and by Route 5.
With four runways and an estimated passenger count 33 million a year, Minneapolis-St. Paul International is the third-largest hub for Delta, and Delta Connection partners Compass & Pinnacle - both of which have headquarters there. It is also served by a host of major airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
As of Jan. 26, 2016, Spirit Airlines will have moved its operations out of Terminal 2, into Terminal 1, Concourse E, from which its first flights of Jan. 27 will depart. Its ticket counter at T1 is near American airlines, adjacent to security checkpoint 2.
- As of Feb. 18, 2016, Alaska Airlines offers one daily flight to Portland PDX (Oregon) from Concouse E.
- As of April 5, 2016, American Airlines offers 3 daily nonstops to Washington Reagan DCA.
- As of April 12, 2016, Southwest add dd2 daily flights to Baltimore/Washington BWI
- As of April 14, 2016, Spirit Airlines offers flights to Atlanta ATL.
- As of May 26, 2016, Delta adds seasonal nonstops to Reykjavik (Iceland)
Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport has two passenger terminals - Lindbergh Terminal 1 and the small Humphrey Terminal 2 (details of which are to be found under 'Terminal Maps').
NOTE: As the Lindbergh & Humphrey terminals are NOT connected by a shared roadway system, determine first from which terminal your flight departs - then watch for roadway signs to point you to the right terminal. (For GPS directions use Zip Code 55111 for Terminal 1 and 55450 for Terminal 2).
Future Airport developments: MSP Airport is currently modernizing its concessions program with 50 new food & drink and retail concessions.
Furthermore, under the so-called 'MSP 2020 Vision', the following improvements are to be done in stages:
1. The Lindbergh Terminal 1 will be the exclusive terminal for Delta and other SkyTeam airlines; its lobby & baggage claim areas will be reconfigured; a parking ramp will be added; Concourses C & E are be converted into regional jet terminals; and Concourse G will have an international facility .
2. The Humphrey Terminal 2 is to be used for all non-SkyTeam airlines; it will get an an added parking ramp, and a new Concourse H (to be built at the former NWA Building B site). Construction of three more aircraft gates starts in spring 2016, to be completed by fall 2016, along with restrooms, nursing & lactation rooms, indoor pet relief area and a green roof system - tentatively to be completed by 2017.
3. Also under consideration are (a) more parking ramps to T1; (b) consolidating the two wider checkpoints & their staff. (c) an on-Airport upscale hotel catering to business travelers at either the near existing parking ramps, or at east of Concourse G.