Minneapolis-St Paul (MSP) Airport
Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport Overview
Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport MSP serves Henneqpin County and its twin cities and their surroundings. It is the largest and busiest airport of the upper Midwest region (including Minnesota, Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota & Wisconsin), and MSP has been ranked as one of best large airports in the U.S. and the world by customer satisfaction surveys. The Airport is operated by the Metropolitan Airports Commission.
With four runways and an estimated 33 million yearly passengers, Minneapolis-St. Paul International is the third-largest hub for Delta, & Delta Connection partners Compass & Pinnacle - both of which have headquarters there) served by a host of major airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. Currently Delta is MSPs dominant Airline.
MSP Airport (with 2 terminals at different locations), is centrally situated within a 30-minute drive of both downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul, and is within easy reach of the surrounding suburban cities and towns. It is accessible via closeby Interstate Hwy 494 and Route 5.
Caution: As the Lindbergh & Humphrey terminals are NOT connected by a shared roadway system, determine first from which terminal your flight departs - then watch for roadway signs to point you to the right terminal. (For GPS directions use Zip Code 55111 for Terminal 1 and 55450 for Terminal 2).
1. Until November 2013 construction of DDI (Diverging Diamond Interchange) is impacting traffic seeking to exit or enter I-494 at 34th Avenue in Bloomington. Those travelers using 34th Ave. ramps at I-494 should expect delays & detours - Allow for extra driving time!
2. METRO Blue Line (Hiawatha) trains between Terminal 2's Humphrey Station & Mall of America Station shut down during DDI construction at different times - for more information, visit: metrotransit.org/LRT-disruptions-this-summer
The two passenger terminals at Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport - the smaller Humphrey Terminal 2, and the spacious Lindbergh Terminal 1 -are at separate locations, connected by the free light rail (LRT) located at the transit stations in front of both terminals.
Future Airport developments: Under the so-called 'MSP 2020 Vision' , the following improvements are to be done in stages (no time schedule has yet been announced):
1. The Lindbergh Terminal 1 will be the exclusive terminal for Delta and other SkyTeam airlines; its lobby & baggage claim areas will be reconfigured; a parking ramp will be added; Concourses C & E are be converted into regional jet terminals; and Concourse G will have an international facility .
2. The Humphrey Terminal 2 is to be used for all non-SkyTeam airlines; it will get an expansion to 27 gates; an added parking ramp, and a new Concourse H (to be built at the former NWA Building B site).
Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport Update History
- MSP Airports - Oct 16, 2013
- MSP Airport Intro - Oct 9, 2013
- MSP Main Terminals - Oct 9, 2013
- MSP Buses & Trains - Sep 29, 2013
- MSP Rental Cars - Sep 27, 2013
- MSP Official Website Links - Aug 25, 2013
- MSP Internet - Aug 25, 2013
- MSP Int Arrivals - Aug 25, 2013
- MSP Guest Services - Aug 25, 2013
- MSP Emergency - Aug 25, 2013
- MSP Banking ATM - Aug 25, 2013
- MSP Business Services - Aug 25, 2013
- MSP Currency Exchange - Aug 25, 2013
- MSP Mail Center - Aug 24, 2013
- MSP Lost Found - Aug 24, 2013
- MSP Persons With Disabilities - Aug 24, 2013
- MSP Pets - Aug 24, 2013
- MSP Baggage Claim - Aug 24, 2013
- MSP Taxis & Limos - Jul 19, 2013
- MSP Terminal Map - Jul 12, 2013
- MSP Parking On site - Jun 27, 2013
MSP AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
MSP Delays: 15 mins or less.