Just booked a Delta Mileage ticket to Amsterdam in Ma [more]IAH_Traveller Yesterday
How do i Get from baggage claim 9 to gold level h
Help, need directions?Terry 09/23/2017
Arriving at Gate F9 and need to walk to A7. I have ap [more]Jackie 09/21/2017
Collecting stroller at customs
I am traveling into MSP via Paris and then connecting [more]SC 09/18/2017
According to Skytrax April 2017, MSPI ranks number 6 among worldwide airports of its size.
MSP Airport (with 2 terminals - one at Glumack Drive, St. Paul, Zip 55111 (tel. 612-726-555) - the other at Humphrey Drive, Minneapolis, Zip 55450 (tel. 612-726-5555) - is centrally situated within a 30-minute drive of both downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul, and is within easy reach of the surrounding suburban cities and towns. It is accessible via closeby Interstate Hwy 494 via new interchange between I-494 & 34th Avenue, and by Route 5.
With four runways and 37.5million passengers in 2016, Minneapolis-St. Paul International is the third-largest hub for Delta, and Delta Connection partners Compass & Pinnacle - both of which have headquarters there. It is also served by a host of other major airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
NOTICE: Since mid-2016 and up to January 2018 Terminal 1's pre-security area is under construction. As a portion of Terminal 1 (Lindbergh) is walled off during this time, including baggage claim, ticketing & tram levels - walkin paths have changed. Overhead signs will guide visitors. To view a current map showing new flow of passenger traffic, open https://reimaginemsp.com/construction-alerts/
Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport has two passenger terminals - Lindbergh Terminal 1 (T1) and the small Humphrey Terminal (T2). (For detailed terminal information open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the text; for Parking information open 'Parking Map'; for transportation open 'Transportation: Buses /Trains'.
NOTE: As the Lindbergh T1 & Humphrey terminals T2 are NOT connected by a shared roadway system, determine first from which terminal your flight departs - then watch for roadway signs to point you to the right terminal. (For GPS directions use Zip Code 55111 for Terminal 1 and 55450 for Terminal 2).
Current Airlines, telephone numbers, terminals (T1/ T2) & Concourses (Conc.)
Air Canada, tel. 1-888-247-2262; at T1, Conc. E,
Air Choice One, tel. 866-435-9847; at T1, Conc. B
Air France, tel. 800-237-2747; at T1, Conc. B
Air France, tel. 800-237-2747; at T1, Conc. G
Alaska, tel. 800-426-0333; at T1, Conc. E
American, tel.800-433-7300; at T1, Conc. E
Boutique Air, tel. 855-268-8478; at T1, Conc. B
Condor, tel. 866-960-7015; at T2, Conc. H
Delta*, tel. 800-221-1212; at T1, Conc. A, B, C, D, F & G. The Delta Sky Club is at T1, gates E6/E8
Frontier, tel. 800-432-1359; at T1 Conc. E
Icelandair, tel. 800-223-5500, at T2, Conc. H
KLM, tel. 8660-434-0320, at T1, Conc. G
Southwest, tel. 800-45-9792; at T2, Conc. H
Spirit, tel. 801-401-2222; at T1, Conc. E
SunCountry, tel. 800-359-6786; at T2, Conc. H
United, tel. 800-241-6522; at T1, Conc. E - The United Club is at T1, gates E6/E8.
* Delta has four 'Need Help' centers and its rebooking services are at Lindbergh Terminal, near gates C2, C13, F1 & G10. The Delta Sky Clubs at T1 are near the entrances to the F & G concouses, and near gate C12.
United offers its United Club on Concourse E between gates E6-E8.
On-Airport Hotels: Ground breaking on an on-Airport Hotel took place in July 2016.
Current and Future Airport developments: Under the so-called 'MSP 2020 Vision', the following improvements are to be done in stages over a 5-year stretch, upon completion of which there will be more technology for processing passengers and their bags, less congestion at the ticket lobby, and more daylight: While Phase 1 was completed late 2016 involving preparatory work at level T, the following projects are now on the agenda:
- Ongoing construction on the North end of T1 should be completed by mid-2018; followed by construction on the south end; and the reconfiguration of escalators & elevators and expansion of arrivals & departure facilities. Elevators & escalators connecting the front levels of T1 are then being removed and replaced by a large central bank of elevators & escalators at both ends of the building. Once in place, work continues on ticketing & baggage claim levels (upgrading flooring, ticket kiosks & counters, baggage claim carousels, restrooms & dining options.
- Lindbergh T1 is to become the exclusive terminal for Delta and other SkyTeam airlines; its lobby & baggage claim areas will be reconfigured; a parking ramp will be added; Concourses C & E are being converted into regional jet terminals; Concourse G will have an international facility .
- Humphrey T2 is to be used for all non-SkyTeam airlines; already completed are three more aircraft gates. T2 will get an an added parking ramp, and a new Concourse H (to be built at the former NWA Building B site), while new restrooms, nursing & lactation rooms, an indoor pet relief area and a green roof system are tentatively to be completed by 2017.
- Also under consideration are (a) more parking ramps to T1; (b) consolidating the two wider checkpoints & their staff. (c) an on-Airport upscale hotel catering to business travelers at either the near existing parking ramps.