Mobile Regional MOB Airport Overview
Mobile Regional Airport MOB serves the city of Mobile, which is the economic power house of the State of Alabama, and consequently serves mostly business travelers, while about 12 percent of all passengers use international destinations.
The Airport is located minutes from downtown Mobile, and is easily accessible by Interstate Hwys. 65 and 10, connecting southwest Alabama, west Florida and southwest Mississippi. At I-10, take exit 13 & drive norh on Country Road 31and exit at the Airport Blvd (West).
With an estimated 600,000 passengers in 2012, Mobile Regional Airport is served by major airlines, offering direct flights to some major U.S. hubs, with connections around the world.
Note that Springdale Travel American Express offers a start-up of 'Mobile Direct', a new model for aggregating passengers interested in affordable private charter travel to/from the Mobile area by which passengers can share the total cost of a private jet charter on a per seat basis.
The passengers terminal at Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport - referred to as the 'Charles.A. Williams Terminal' - is open 4:30am to 11:30pm - or last arrival. It was recently renovated and extended.
Amenities and services inside the terminal include free WiFi internet access, postal service, ATMs, meeting rooms, shops & restaurants & rental car desks. The Information desk is staffed by Volunteer Ambassadors who will be happy to assist you. A large map of the Phoenix Metropolitan area inside the terminal will show you the location of hotels and resorts. Departure gates 1-4 are to the right and gates 5-6 to the left. The Executive Club is available to members and is free to active-duty military.
Current airlines serving the terminal: American Eagle, Delta, United & US Airways Express.
Parking options at Mobile Regional Airport include Short-term, Long-term parking. Valet parking is also available (251-633-4510). . The first 30 minutes are free at both Short- and Long-term lots. Covered surface parking will was added, and may eventuallly become a garage.
For more parking information call 251-633-4510.
To get from Mobile Regional Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, a hotel shuttle or door-to-door shuttles. Taxis are normally waiting at the baggage claim curb--if one isn't visible, a Customer Agent will call for one.
1. For limo service try Colonial Trailways at 251-476-8687, Dockside Services at 211-438-2362, or Executive Shuttle Network at 205-702-4566.
2. To get to the city center, you may want to use the ADA-accessible Airport Shuttle, which charges according to zones (Tel: 800-357-5373).
3. If you are staying in Mobile, try out the new electric trolley running every 10 minutes over a 3.1 mile route along St. Francis, Dauphin, Government, Church and Royal Streets.
Mobile Regional MOB Services
Terminal Maps and Services
- MOB Baggage Carts / Skycap
- MOB Banking / ATM Services
- MOB Business Services
- MOB Guest Services
- MOB Internet Access
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Mobile Regional MOB Airport Update History
- Updated MOB Airport Intro page - May 18, 2013
- Updated MOB Airports page - May 18, 2013
- Updated MOB Food & Stores page - May 3, 2013
- Updated MOB Parking On site page - Mar 28, 2013
- Updated MOB Direct Flights page - Mar 25, 2013