Montreal Trudeau (YUL) Airport
Montreal Trudeau YUL Airport Overview
Montreal-Trudeau International Airport YUL - which celebrated its 70th year in 2011 - is one of Canada's major airports and is one of 8 Canadian airports with U.S. border preclearance. Over 60 percent of its air traffic is derived from international flights.
The Airport is located in Dorval, 12 miles or a 20-minute drive from downtown Montreal, in Québec Province, Canada, and is serving not only the population of greater Montreal, but increasingly also the northern regions of U.S. states Vermont & New York. It is Canada's third-busiest airport, accessible via highways 20 & 520. A direct roadlink between those two highways and will also require redesigning the road network within the airport, all to be completed by late 2013.
NOTICE: Road closure between end of Oct. 2012 & Aug. 2013: a section of Highway 520 eastbound, between exit Avenue Michel-Jasmin & the first exit from Highway 20: The detour will be via Michel-Jasmin Avenue. (access from Hwy 20 via Hwy 520 is not affected).
With three runways and an estimated 13.7 million passengers in 2011, Montreal Trudeau International Airport is hub to Air Canada, Air Canada Jazz, Air Transat, CanJet & Sunwing Airlines, and is served by numerous U.S. and international airlines offering nonstop and connecting flights to all points of the globe. Air France now serves Montreal Airport with Airbus A380, using gate 55.
The new on-Airport four-star Marriott Hotel (tel. 514-636-6700 /fax 6600; toll-free reserveations 1-866-580-6279) connected to U.S. Departures terminal by escalator, offers 14,000 sq.ft of premier meeting facilities, and has a trendy restaurant, an indoor pool, a fitness & a business center.
Checking in: Depending on the airline you use, you can take advantage of three types of self-service checkin: (a) at self-check-in kiosks in the departure area of the terminal, (b) via web check-in and (c) via mobile check-in. Some airlines even allow you to print out your luggage tags. All of the following airlines serving the transborder sector allow self-service kiosks and web checkin: Air Canada /Jazz; Air Transat, American, Delta, United, US Airways & WestJet. for Mobile check-9n: Air Canada/ Jazz, American, Delta & United.
The passenger terminal at Montreal Trudeau Airport has Concourses A, B & C. (For more information, please refer to 'Terminal Map' page.)
Passenger pickup/dropoff (only for a quick stop, no parking) is outside the departures or arrivals level. If you need more time, park in the ExpressParc before entering the passenger terminal.
Parking options at Montreal Turdeau Airport: (For more information, please refer to 'Airport Parking' page.)
All rental car services are located in one kiosk situated in the multi-leel parking area across from the terminal's ground floor.
To get from Montreal Trudeau Airport to your destination, you have the option to rent a car, take a taxi (no reservation required, credit cards Visa, MasterCard & American Express accepted; cash in Canadian dollars only) or a bus:
1. STM public bus offers 3 routes - (a) 2004Cardinal, 7 days/week, westbound to Terminus Fairview Pointe-Claire; (b) 209 Sources, Mon-Fri, westbound to Pierrefonds train station; & (c) 356 Sainte-An-de-Belleview, a night bus. All three routes take you from the Dorval bus terminal and train station (within walking distance to VIA's Dorval station). A shuttle bus runs between the Airport & Dorval station.
2. The 747 Express Aeroport Bus bus runs daily, 24/7, with 9 stops in each direction, including transfer stops at Lionel-Grouloux metro station, Central Station & Berri-UQAM metro station, runs every 10-12 minutes 8:30am-8pm, every half hour from 5:30am-8:30am, and every hour from 2am-5am, and offers a direct link without transfers between downtown Montreal and the Airport.
3. The Orleans Express offers three departures daily of a shuttle service to Trois-Rivieres, Ste-Foy & Quebec. Tickets can be obtained at the passenger drop-off area on the international arrivals level.
4. The Mont-Tremblant shuttle can be contacted by either calling 514-631-1155 or 1-800-471-1155.
Future Airport Developments:
1. A 20-km Aerotrain shuttle to downtown Montreal, departing every 20 minutes and taking less than 20 minutes, with Gare Centrale as final rail link destination, is to be constructed and completed between 2013 & 2015.
2. The two-phase expansion of the international terminal will include six more contact gates (totalling 17), & 2 remote stands, to be completed by 2016.
Montreal Trudeau YUL Services
Terminal Maps and Services
- YUL Baggage Carts / Skycap
- YUL Banking / ATM Services
- YUL Business Services
- YUL Currency Exchange
- YUL Emergency / Medical Services
- YUL Guest Services
- YUL Internet Access
- YUL Lost & Found
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Montreal Trudeau YUL Airport Update History
- Updated YUL Airports page - May 16, 2013
- Updated YUL Food & Stores page - May 16, 2013
- Updated YUL Airport Intro page - May 3, 2013
- Updated YUL Main Terminals page - May 3, 2013
- Updated YUL Direct Flights page - Mar 24, 2013