Montreal Trudeau (YUL) Airport
Montreal Trudeau YUL Airport Overview
Montreal-Trudeau International Airport YUL - which celebrated its 70th year in 2011 - is one of Canada's major airports and is one of 8 Canadian airports with U.S. border preclearance. Over 60 percent of its air traffic is derived from international flights.
YUL Airport is located in Dorval, 12 miles or a 20-minute drive from downtown Montreal, in Québec Province, Canada, and is serving not only the population of greater Montreal, but increasingly also the northern regions of U.S. states Vermont & New York. It is Canada's third-busiest airport, accessible via highways 20 & 520. A direct roadlink between those two highways will also require redesigning the road network within the airport, all to be completed by late 2013.
With three active runways serving over 13 million passengers per year, Montreal Trudeau International Airport is hub to Air Canada, Air Canada Jazz, Air Transat, CanJet & Sunwing Airlines, and is served by numerous U.S. and international airlines offering nonstop and connecting flights to all points of the globe. Air France now serves Montreal Airport with Airbus A380, using gate 55.
The new on-Airport four-star Marriott Hotel (tel. 514-636-6700 /fax 6600; toll-free reserveations 1-866-580-6279) connected to U.S. Departures terminal by escalator, offers 14,000 sq.ft of premier meeting facilities, and has a trendy restaurant, an indoor pool, a fitness & a business center.
Checking in: Depending on the airline you use, you can take advantage of three types of self-service checkin: (a) at self-check-in kiosks in the departure area of the terminal, (b) via web check-in and (c) via mobile check-in. Some airlines even allow you to print out your luggage tags. All of the following airlines serving the transborder sector allow self-service kiosks and web checkin: Air Canada /Jazz; Air Transat, American, Delta, United, US Airways & WestJet. for Mobile check-9n: Air Canada/ Jazz, American, Delta & United.
The passenger terminal at Montreal Trudeau Airport has Concourses A, B & C.
Future Airport Developments:
1. A 20-km Aerotrain shuttle to downtown Montreal, departing every 20 minutes and taking less than 20 minutes, with Gare Centrale as final rail link destination, is to be constructed and completed between 2013 & 2015.
2. The two-phase expansion of the international terminal will include six more contact gates (totalling 17), & 2 remote stands, to be completed by 2016.
Montreal Trudeau YUL Airport Update History
- YUL Airport Intro - Oct 22, 2013
- YUL Airports - Oct 22, 2013
- YUL Buses & Trains - Oct 22, 2013
- YUL Email - Oct 22, 2013
- YUL Parking On site - Oct 22, 2013
- YUL Rental Cars - Oct 22, 2013
- YUL Main Terminals - Aug 2, 2013