Palma de Mallorca (PMI) Airport
Palma de Mallorca PMI Airport Overview
PMI Airport is adjacent to the village of Can Pastilla - 8 km southeast of the City of Palma, Majorca island (part of the Balearic Islands off Spain’s eastern shore adjourning the Mediterranean Sea). It is accessible from the Palma-Santanyi motorway (Autopista de Levante Ma-19, exit 7).
With two long runways and about 22.5 million passengers served annually, Palma de Mallorca Airport is hub to AirBerlin, Air Europa & Iberia, and is served by a multitude of domestic, international, regular & low-cost airlines, as well as by seasonal charter companies. Major connecting airports are Barcelona and Madrid-Barajas.
Palma de Mallorca Airport has one four-level passenger terminal: Level 0 (the ground level), Levels 1 & 2 (the check-in levels), Levels 3 & 4 (security check with access to gate areas /concourses - referred to as 'Modules' A through D. While Module A is mostly used for domestic airlines, Modules B – D are for international airlines.
Boarding in Modules A, B, C & D are on different levels, the entrance of which is on level 4. Pay attention to the signs which guide you to your gate number. You need to be 30 minutes before flight departure at your gate.
1. Arriving either by taxi or car, you will enter directly the check-in level 2, containing airline counters, tour operators, & travel agencies.
2. If arriving at the parking garage - proceed thereafter to the fourth floor of the garage and walk through the connecting tunnel to the passenger terminal, then go down to the check-in level 2
3. Iberia passengers with hand luggage only can use their airline's automat for a boarding pass. After getting your boarding pass, proceed to the departure floor P4.
4. Cruise ship arrivals can check in luggage and collect boarding passes at the seaport.
5. If you have oversized baggage (surfboards, bicycles, etc.) take it to the check-in desk of your airline & you will be taken to the proper oversized luggage desk.
Departure Levels 2 & 4: While level 2 is for ticket sale & check-in according to Zones A through F and has access to B gates - level 4 has access to the gates A, C & D gates.
Check-in desks and oversized luggage desks are marked by Zones A – F: Zone A has check-in desks 1-34; Zone B desks 35-68; Zone C desks 69-102; Zone D desks 103-136; Zone E desks 137-170 and Zone F desks 171-2004.
Module A, level 0 has gates A01-A28;
Module B, level 0 has gates B30-B37;
Module C, level 1 has gates C38-C73;
Module D, level 0 is currently not in service.
Arrivals / Ground Level 0, which has 18 baggage claim carousels - numbers 8 & 9 are designated for non-Schengen and non-EU countries (for those who passed through customs).
Amenities in the passenger terminal include: Aside from an assortment of food & drink and retail concessions, Palma Airport offers information counters, banking services, tour operators, lost baggage services, baggage wrapping, internet access via 22 coin-operated computers with desks & chairs (some with printers for boarding pass printout) & distributed over pre-seucrity areas); a VIP lounge Valdemossa (Aena) is on level 2. The Babor Lounge, a conference/events room, is on level 0 (tel. 971 789 620).
For information by persons with impaired hearing call 902 404 704 or +34 91 321 1000.
For hotels close to the Airport you can call Federacion Empresarial Hotelera de Mallorca at 971 706 007.
VIP Lounges: 'Formentor' Lounge is in Module D, level 0. 'Valldemossa' lounge is in the secured area on level 2 /Departures.
The Customs telephone number is 971 789 103.
The Customer service telephone number is 902 404 704
Rental cars are parked on the ground level of the parking garage with 700 available spaces.
Palma de Majorca, 07611
- Website for Palma de Mallorca: http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Palma-Mallorca/en/Home.html
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +34 91 321 1000