Palma de Mallorca (PMI) Airport
Palma de Mallorca PMI Airport Overview
Palma de Mallorca Airport PMI is Spain's third-largest airport and is point of entry for millions of tourists who flock to this Island particularly in summertime.
The Airport is located next to the village of Can Pastilla, and 8 km southeast of the City of Palma, on the island of Majorca, part of the Balearic Islands, off Spain’s eastern shores, in the Mediterranean Sea. It is accessible from the Palma-Santanyi motorway.
With two long runways and an estimated 22.7 million passengers in 2012, Palma de Mallorca Airport is hub to AirBerlin, Air Europa & Iberworld, and is served by a multitude of domestic, international, regular & low-cost airlines, as well as by seasonal charter companies. Major connecting airports are Barcelona and Madrid-Barajas.
Palma de Mallorca Airport has one four-level passenger terminal: P0 (the ground floor), P1, P2 (the check-in floors), P3, and P4 (with access to gate areas, referred to as 'Modulos' A-D'. While Modulo A is mostly used for domestic airlines, Modulos B – D are for international airlines. Boarding in Modulos A, B, C & D are on different floors, the entrance of which is on level 4. Pay attention to the signs which guide you to your gate number. You need to be 30 minutes before flight departure at your gate.
Departure is on level P2 for ticket sale & check-in according to Zones A through F, and on level P4 for access to Modules A, B, C & D, wich have different floor levels.
Arriving either by taxi or car, you will enter directly the check-in floor P2, containing airline offers, tour operators, & travel agencies.
Those who will park their car in the parking garage should proceed thereafter to the fourth floor of the garage and walk through the connecting tunnel to the passenger terminal, then go down to the check-in floor P2
Iberia passengers with hand luggage only can use their airline's automat for a boarding pass. After getting your boarding pass, proceed to the departure floor P4.
Those who have arrived in Palma on a cruise ship can check in luggage and collect boarding passes at the seaport.
If you have oversized luggage (surfboards, bicycles, etc.) take it to the check-in desk of your airline & you will be taken to the proper oversized luggage desk.
Check-in desks and oversized luggage desks are marked by Zones A – F: Zone A has check-in desks 1-34; Zone B desks 35-68; Zone C desks 69-102; Zone D desks 103-136; Zone E desks 137-170 and Zone F desks 171-2004.
Module A, level P0 has gates A1-A6 and A23-28; level P1 has gates A8-A22;
Module B, level P0 has gates B30-B37;
Module C, level P1 has gates C38-C73 (including gates C39A & C39B and C69A & C69B);
Module D, level P1 has gates D80-D99
Arrival is on the ground level P0, which has 18 baggage claim carousels - numbers 8 & 9 are designated for non-Schengen and non-EU countries (for those who passed through customs). The Customs telephone number is 971 789 103.
Amenities in the passenger terminal include: Aside from Food & Drink and Retail concessions, the Airport offers banking services, information counters, tour operators, lost luggage services, internet access via 22 coin-operated computers with desks & chairs (some with printers for boarding pass printout) & distributed over pre-seucrity areas); a VIP lounge Formentor (Aena) in Module D, P0 (tel. 971 787 693); and Miro (Aena) is on P2 Departures (tel. 971 789 631). The Babor Lounge, a conference/events room, is on level P0 (tel. 971 789 620).
For information by persons with impaired hearing call 902 404 704 or +34 91 321 1000.
For hotels close to the Airport you can call Federacion Empresarial Hotelera de Mallorca at 971 706 007.
Parking options at Palma de Mallorca Airport: The multi-level garage connects on its fourth level to the main terminal’s Departure area via a pedestrian bridge. In the terminal’s baggage claim area, a baggage claim carousel connects the Arrivals level of the terminal with the car park. Automatic payment machines are located on the fourth floor and on the ground level. Parking is divided into the following areas:
1. Paid Public Parking (Abonados Publico) – on Garage parking levels 5 & 6 (tel. 971 787 598) with 1,660 parking spaces, 6 of which are for disabled parking;
2. Express Parking – on the south corner of the terminal building (tel: 971 25 827) with 36 parking spaces, 2 of which are for disabled parking.
3. ‘Larga Estancia’ – an economy lot in the industrial area to the south of the terminal (tel. 971 255 827) with 319 parking spaces, 8 of which are for disabled parking. Shuttle buses take you to the terminal. There is no limit on the length of time you can park.
4. General Parking – parking garage (tel. 971 789 386) with 3,180 parking spaces on four levels, 6 of which are for disabled parking located adjacent to the elevators & escalators reserved for disabled persons.
5. VIP Parking is available in front of the terminal’s departures & arrivals zones. Vehicles will be parked on the 6th floor of the multi-storey garage (tel. 92 102 020).
Rental cars are parked on the ground floor of the parking garage with 700 available spaces.
To get from Palma de Mallorca Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus:
1. Taxis stop at the Arrivals level. The taxi fare is charged according to time and day. Fare 1 applies to weekdays 7am-9pm.; Fare 2 applies to weekdays 9pm-7am and weekends/holidays. For general information call 971 177 777; or call the following taxi companies directly: Fono taxi 971 728 081; Palma Taxi 971 401 414; Taxis for disabled persons 971 703 529; Telephone Radiotaxi 971 755 440; Telephone taxi 971 743 737, Tele Taxi 971 200 900.
2. Buses: Municipal Buses stop at Arrivals level, across from the parking garage (Tel: 971 431 024:
(a) Line 1 takes the following route: From airport to airport gas station, Joan Maragall (GESA), Av. Gabriel Alomar i Villalonga., Placa d'Espanya, Av. Compte de Sallent, Passeig de Mallorca, Av. Argentina, Passeig Marítim, Port de Palma, Portopí, Dic de l'oest.
(b) Route 21 makes the following stops: From airport: airport (arrivals), airport petrol station, Camí de Can Pastilla, Camí de Can Pastilla (Hotel Linda), Bartomeu Riutort 16, Xabec 2, Manuela de los Herreros y Sora (Hotel el Cid), Manuela de los Herreros y Sora (Hotel Java), Ses Fontanelles, Marbella 10 (Ap. Ses Veles), Marbella 22 (Ap Pí Lari), Marbella 32 (Hotel Cupido), Marbella 36, Marbella 42 (Hotel Acapulco), Mar TIrrena (Hotel Garonda), Llaut (Riu Palace), Llaut 26 (Hotel Playa Golf), Llaut 38 (Mega Park), Trasimé 2 (Hotel Hispania), Trasime 24 (Hotel Playa Arenal), Avda Nacional (Playa).
Palma de Majorca, 07611
- Website for Palma de Mallorca : http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Palma-Mallorca/en/Home.html
- Email Address: email@example.com .
- Phone: +34 91 321 1000
Palma de Mallorca PMI Services
Terminal Maps and Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Palma de Mallorca PMI Airport Update History
- Updated PMI Airports page - May 13, 2013
- Updated PMI Food & Stores page - May 13, 2013
- Updated PMI Airport Intro page - Apr 24, 2013
- Updated PMI Main Terminals page - Apr 24, 2013
- Updated PMI Parking On site page - Apr 24, 2013
- Updated PMI Direct Flights page - Feb 21, 2013
- Updated PMI Banking ATM page - Dec 20, 2012
- Updated PMI Currency Exchange page - Dec 20, 2012
- Updated PMI Lost Found page - Dec 20, 2012