Philadelphia PHL Airport Overview
Philadelphia International Airport PHL serves the State of Pennsylvania and is a major Airport on the East Coast, ranking very high among large U.S. airports in customer satisfaction. It was recently named 'Airport with Best Concession Management Team'.
PHL Airport is about 7 miles southwest of central Philadelphia, accessible via Interstate Highways 95 (Delaware Expwy) & 76; PA 291 & 611, and the PA & NJ Turnpikes. The Airport, bordering to the south on the Delaware River, is served by the Airport High-Speed Rail Line stopping at Eastwick Station, University City, 38th Street Station, Penn Center Suburban Station and Market East Station.
With four runways and serving 30M travelers annually, Philadelphia International Airport is a major international and domestic hub for US Airways, and is served by major U.S. airlines offering domestic and international nonstop and connecting flights to desinations around the world.
On-Airport Hotels at PHL Airport: The Airport Marriott, next to Parking Garage B (tel. 215-492-9000); and the Aloft Hotel on Island Avenue (tel. 267-298-1700).
Philadelphia International Airport has seven terminals - A-West, A-East, B, C, D, E & F (Terminals B & C and D & E are connected), with access to corresponding garages.
Future Airport Developments:
1. The Terminal D-E Expansion Project has already completed most of Phases 1A, 1B, 2 & 3, which included construction of the multi-level connector building: Level 1 is to have a new baggage area with in-line baggage screening system; level 2 will house a 14-lane security screening area for both terminals; level 3 will house airline offices; 23 new ticket counters & new concessions are added, and D & E baggage claims expanded. The E concourse will be expanded by adding a 2-level addition at its end for airline operations, hold rooms, concessions & 3 new gates.
2. Terminal F Expansion will be the last phase of construction, scheduled to be completed in Fall 2015.
Philadelphia PHL Airport Update History
- PHL Airports - Oct 17, 2013
- PHL Taxis & Limos - Oct 17, 2013
- PHL Airport Intro - Oct 9, 2013
- PHL Main Terminals - Oct 9, 2013
- PHL Airlines Served - Oct 3, 2013
- PHL Buses & Trains - Oct 1, 2013
- PHL GMT Offset - Sep 30, 2013
- PHL Email - Sep 30, 2013
- PHL Timezone - Sep 30, 2013
- PHL Rental Cars - Sep 27, 2013
- PHL Currency Exchange - Sep 20, 2013
- PHL Business Services - Sep 20, 2013
- PHL Banking ATM - Sep 20, 2013
- PHL Int Arrivals - Sep 20, 2013
- PHL Pets - Aug 26, 2013
- PHL Smoking - Aug 26, 2013
- PHL Telephones - Aug 26, 2013
- PHL Persons With Disabilities - Aug 26, 2013
- PHL Official Website Links - Aug 26, 2013
- PHL Mail Center - Aug 26, 2013
- PHL Lost Found - Aug 26, 2013
- PHL Internet - Aug 26, 2013
- PHL Guest Services - Aug 26, 2013
- PHL Carts Skycap - Aug 26, 2013
- PHL Baggage Claim - Aug 26, 2013
- PHL Travelers Assistance - Aug 26, 2013
- PHL Parking On site - Jun 28, 2013