Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
The passenger terminal complex at Philadelphia International Airport consists of seven passenger terminals, arranged from East to West: TA-West, TA-East, TB/TC, TD/TE & TF- connected in their secure areas, which offer access to corresponding garages. Terminals B & C and D & E are connected in both secure & unsecure areas, while TF is only connected at its secure areas (post-security) to the other terminals.
NEW: Nursing mothers now have nursing rooms available at 'Minute Suites' in the corridor connecting Terminals A-East & B, at post-security - first 30 mins are free - for more info call Minute Suites at 215-937-1076, or visit: www.minutesuites.com.
Getting around PHL: A new E/F secure connector provides a link between TE & TF, and to all other terminals without the need to re-enter securty checks. The transfer between E & F terminals involve a 15-minue walk. Also free large shuttle buses, operated by American Airlines, make the following connections at the secure side between TA-East and TF, and TC & TF. The A-East shuttle stop is near gate A1, TC shuttle stop is at gate C16 (near Au Bon Pain), and TF shuttle stop is at Gate F-14. If connecting from an international flight to a regional one, it is advisable to budget in an extra 30 minutes!
NOTE: The TF Garage pedestrian bridge reopened for: (a) Departing Passengers, who may park in the E-FGarage, take the F bride to the terminal and the elevator /escalator to the check-in lobby and security checkpoint; (b) Arriving Passengers exit TF, follow new E-F Secure Connecctor to TE, exit through secure doors to E Pedestrian Bridge leading to E-F Garage, to ground transport & baggage claim.
International Arrivals: Terminal A-West is the only terminal with US Immigration & Customs. Unless you have gone through US customs clearance by participating airports, you need to go through passport check, retrieve checked bags, go through customs clearance and - if transferring to another flight - re-check-in bag (the tag should indicate layover and final destination Airport Codes). Allow at least 35-45 minutes to connecting terminal.
American Airlines passengers: Both American & American Eagle use Code AA; reservation tel. 800-433-7300; baggage inquiries 800-37-4771.
- American Airlines operates ticketing, gates & baggage claim out of Terminals A-West & A-East, and Terminals B, C & F. Walking between TF & TC, post-security, takes 15 minutes, or take the American Airlines shuttle (check with AA at www.aa.com).
- American Eagle ticketing & gates are in TF, the baggage claim is at TD/TE. Some select flights will depart from TB or TCl;
- American Admirals Club lounges are available at: TA-West, mezzanine level, gates A15/16; TA-East, gates A4/A6A; between TB/TC connector at level 3; and at TF on level 2 near food court.
Terminal A of PHL is divided into Terminals A-East & A-West - connected at their ticketing level - each with their own concourses A-West & A-East. Terminal A-West is the only Terminal with US Immigration & Customs, and serves all international flights, except those with U.S. pre-clearance facilities.
Concourse A-West of TA with gates A14-A26 is currently served by American, British Airways, Lufthansa & Qatar & Spirit airlines (transatlantic & international). A-West houses Travelex, a large Customs Hall & a small International Arrivals Hall connecting to Garage A-West. Its Ticketing area also connects with the ticketing Area of A-East. (Arriving domestic Passengers at A-West not transfering to another flight - must pick up their bags at the A-East baggage claim.)
- Airline lounges: American Airlines Admiral's Club; British Airways Speedwing /Gallery Lounge; American Express will offer its new luxurious Centurion Lounge at Terminal A-West by August 2017.
Concourse A-East of TA with gates A2-A13 (the USO facility is near A6) - is currently served by American, American Eagle & Charters airlines. It is mostly used for domestic flights. A connector from Terminal A-East Ticketing leads to the Baggage Claim A-East, and to the terminal connector to Terminal B/C. Available services: Minute Suites, The Traveler's Retreat, a children's play area, shoe shine, UPS store, Travelex. The Liberty USO Lounge is also at TA-East.
Note: A & B Terminals are connected by post-security walkway which houses the Minute Suites ('The Travelers Retreat'), offering private suites for an hourly fee (13 pivate suites are equipped with a daybed for 2, noise reduction, & NAP26TM audio program delivering 3 hrs worth of sleep in only 26 mins). Rooms have high-definition TV with internet and flight-tracking data. Minute Suites with 2 workstation cubicles and a reception desk are located in the A/B Link.
Terminals B & C of PHL - with Concourse B gates B1-B16 served by American Airlines , and Concourse C gates C17-C31 on opposite sides - both served by American Airlines' domestic & Canadian flights) Both terminals are connected by a shopping mall and a food court. They house B/C ticketing and connect to the Baggage Claim B/C and to the Terminal Connector to Terminal D. B/C services include the Admirals Club & shoe shine, and Terminal C houses the XpresSpa.
The B/C connector with the Philadelphia Marketplace houses 30 retail shops & a large food court, also connects to the post-security area of TD.
- The new Comcast's lounge is is across from the food court, between TB/TC and offers X1 TV service with with seating/charging stations, and Xfinity reps for support.
- Terminal B will be redesigned: The OTG Management is to open 8 new restaurants and add food & drink options to 15 gate areas. The food offerings will include a chef-driven concept, with iPads using OTG's Flo platform (the upscale restaurant's menu can be viewed online and orders electronically submitted).
- Renovations at TD/TC ticketing buildings added ticket counters with larger queuing spaces and inceased pubic circulation. Renovation on the center section of TD's ticketing building was completed - whereupon Delta Airlines moved in - freeing up the east end of TE's ticketing building for the final phase of renovations.
- The C-D Link houses the Uited Club.
Terminals D & E: (TA's pre-check & Priority Lanes are available to all airline passengers of both terminals.) A new checked bagage inspection system (CBIS) is now in place. TD houses the Delta Sky Club
Terminal D of PHL - with Concourse D gates D1-D16 - is currently used by Air Canada, Alaska, Delta, Delta Connection, United & United Express airlines. NOTE: Delta ticketing is in TE, while gates & baggage claim are in TD. Services: Delta Sky Club, Travelex, XpresSpa, shoeshine. TD is connected to TE on the Ticketing level, and both terminals share new baggage claim in the new D/E Connector. TD also connects to Terminal B/C's shopping area through a post-security walkway. (TD's center section renovation of the ticketing area is to be completed by January 2017', whereupon Delta will move in - freeing up the east end of TE's ticketing area for the final phase of renovation. .
The new three-level D/E Connector building between Terminals D & E, houses on level 1 the new in-line baggage system; on level 2 the 14-lane passenger security screening area for both terminals, and on level 3 airline offices.
Terminal E of PHL - with Concourse E gates E1-E17, is currently used by Frontier, JetBlue & Southwest. NOTE: Delta gates & baggage claim are in TD, while ticketing is in TE. TE shares ticketing & concessions with TD, and the baggage claim at the D/E Connector.
Further additions to both TD & TE have now been completed and include 23 more ticket counters, new concessions, baggage claim D & E expansion, and connecting D & E baggage claim buildings with a one-level addition, housing new baggage carousels; and renovation of existing facilities. In a phased sequence, ticket counter and curb-side conveyors will be tied into the new CBIS, as renovations to the ticketing building are completed.
Terminal F of PHL - with F gates F1-39 is currently only by American Eagle. On the North side of the Terminal Complex is Terminal F Ticketing with attached Baggage Claim F and a Terminal Connector to Terminal E, as well as access to Concourses 1 with gates F1-F9, Concourse 3 with gates F24-39, and Concourse 2 with gates F10-23.
Arriving /Departing Passenger Access: From TF's pedestrian bridge is access to baggage claim, E-F garage & ground transportation:
- Arriving passengers may exit TF through the secure exit portal, take escalator /elevator to Level 2 and cross the bridge.
- Departing passengers parking at E-F garage may follow the F bridge to TF and take the elevator /escalator down to ticketing lobby & security checkpoint.
NOTE: With the opening of TF's new Baggage Claim building in Oct. 2016, TF's $161M renovation project has been completed - earning the 34,000 sq.foot terminal LEED gold certification. The recent 'Hub' expansion - located where the 3 concourses intersect - now has four times more space allowing for added food & drink and retail concessions (upscale dining included). Services include the Admirals Club, XprsSpa & shoe shine.