Phoenix Sky Harbor (PHX) Airport
Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport Overview
According to SkyTrax, PHX ranked for year 2013 as number seven among the World's 'best airports in the 40-50 milion passenger category.
Sky Harbor Airport is only a few miles east of downtown Phoenix - surrounded by the Papago Freeway, 24th Street, Washington Street, 44th Street and Hohokam Expwy. It is also accessible from I-10 & I-17. Coming from SR 143, a new ramp connects directly to the Airport.
With three long parallel runways and serving over 40 million passengers annually, Phoenix PHX International is the primary regional hub and gateway to Mexico for US Airways, the third-largest hub for commuter airline Great Lakes, and focus city for Southwest (PHX's largest airline). PHX is served by a host of airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
For transfers to Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport (30 miles southeast from Sky Harbor, off SR 60/Power Road exit) take 202 to 101 south, exit at SR 60 east to Power Road.
1. Global Entry Program (run by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), offering select passengers pre-approved expedited entry into the U.S. by bypassing the passport control lines and using an automated kiosk.
2. TSA Pre-Check - presently available for Alaska, American, Delta, Hawaiian, Southwest & US Airways (leave on shoes, light outerwear, belt, and keep laptop in its case) - your boarding pass will indicate your eligibility - look for the TSA Pre-Check logo.
3. Early-Bag-Check-in for Passengers of American, Southwest & US Airways is now available at: (a) East Economy Parking; and also at the new PHX Sky Train Station (at 44th St./ Washington Sta.). East Economy users can drop off bags before parking (look for signs when entering the lot). Metro light rail users can drop off bags at 44th St. /Washigton Station on level 2, east side. Do check your bags 90 mins prior to scheduled departure. (b)
4. Baggage check-in at Rental car Center: Passengers returning their rental car can now check in their bags at the Rental car center.
Sky Harbor Airport has three passenger terminals -T2, T3 & T4.
Current and future Airport developments: Redevelopment of Terminal 3 with three distict components:
Component 1 is the security checkpont expansion; work involves expanding the two existing passenger screening and security areas for improved passenger flow - to be completed by mid-2015
Component 2 is the Terminal passenger flow reconfiguration & enhancemen of concessions. Work will start 2015 & involves ticketing & baggage claim areas, expansion of concession areas, & curbside expansion - all to be completed by late 2017.
Component 3 calls for a New South Concourse. Work is to start in 2016 and end by 2019 and needs to be completed prior to Terminal 2's closure (but note that T2 will not be demolished - rather, it will be used for yet undetermined purpose). The redevelopment would include a Skytrain connection, expanded security screening, optimized North Concourse, expanded vertical circulation, east curb expansion, ticketing lobby relocation and new South Concourse.
3400 E Sky Harbor Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85034
- Website for Phoenix Sky Harbor: http://skyharbor.com
- Contact: http://skyharbor.com/CommentCard_General1.aspx?c=Question
- Phone: (602) 273 3300