short time between flights
I am arriving in phoenix with 50 minutes to make my [more]Anne N Hein 9 hr ago
can my daughter make it?
Can my daughter come in on Delta at 10:29 am and make [more]Joan Daigle 10/20/2017
Changing planes in phx to Cabo, only have 1 hr 6 min. [more]Tina 10/12/2017
Flying from Columbus Ohio to Salt Lake City with a co [more]kjf 10/11/2017
Sky Harbor Airport is only a few miles east of downtown Phoenix - surrounded by the Papago Freeway, 24th Street, Washington Street, 44th Street and Hohokam Expwy. It is also accessible from I-10 & I-17. Driving from SR 143, a new ramp connects directly to the Airport.
With three long parallel runways and 43.4M passengers in 2016, Phoenix PHX International is the primary regional hub and gateway to Mexico for US Airways, the third-largest hub for commuter airline Great Lakes, and focus city for Southwest (PHX's largest airline). PHX is served by a host of airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
- Early-Bag-Check-in for Passengers of American, Southwest & US Airways is now available at East Economy Parking and at the new PHX Sky Train Station (at 44th St./ Washington Sta.). East Economy users can drop off bags before parking (look for signs when entering the lot). Metro light rail users can drop off bags at 44th St. /Washigton Station on level 2, east side. Do check your bags 90 mins prior to scheduled departure.
- Baggage check-in at Rental car Center: Passengers returning their rental car can now check in their bags at the Rental car center.
- Passenger pickup/dropoff: Using the 44th St. PHX Sky Train Station (at SW corner of 44th St./ Washington.) has the advantage of early bag check service, kiosks to print out boarding passes, and quick transfer to terminals via Sky Train - a 5-min ride to T4, 7 min to T3, with walkway to T3 or T2. Addditionally, the Station has a free Cell Phone Lot.
Sky Harbor Airport has three passenger terminals - T2, T3 & T4. For paging use tel. 602-273-3456, for Lost/Found 602-273-3333; for parking 602-273-4545. (For terminal details open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the deailed text; for Parking facilities and fees open 'Parking Map'; for Transportation open 'Transport'/ 'Buses, Trains'.)
Security waiting times are now visible on the Flight Information Displays, on Paging Screens, and in the PHX Sky Train stations.
Airlines at PHL in alphabetical order, their Code, reservation numbers and terminals for baggage claim/gates/ticketing:
Air Canada AC, tel. 888-689-2247, at TD
Alaska, tel. 800-ALASKAAIR, at TD
American AA*, tel. 800-433-7300; (* see below)
American Eagle AA, tel. 800-433-7300; Baggage Claim at TD/E; Gates/Ticketing at TF: check departure gate and teminal before PHL arrival. The Admirals Club is on level 2 near Food Court.
British Airways BA, tel. 800-AIRWAYS; at TA-West. The Galleries Lounge is near Gate A14.
Delta Air Lines DL, tel. 800-221-1212; Baggage Claim at TD; Ticketing at TE. The Sky Club is at TD, near exit doors.
Frontier F9, tel. 800-432-1359; at TE; however internat'l flights arrive at TA-East.
Icelandair FI, tel. 800-223-5500; at TA-West
JetBlue B6, tel. 800-JETBLUE; at TE
Lufthansa LH, tel. 800-645-3880; at TA-West
Qatar Airways QR, tel. 8770777-2827; at TA-West
Southwest WN, tel. 800-435-9792; at TE
Spirit NK, tel. 801-401-2200; at TA-East
United UA, tel. 800-864-8331; at TD.
* American Airlines AA at: Baggage Claim /Ticketing at Terminals TA-West, A-East, B/C; Gates /Ticketing: TA-West, TA-East, TB, TC and TF: International & Caribbean flights at TA-West; Arriving passengers on domestic flights at TA-West and not connecting to other flights, must pick up their bags at A-East's baggage claim.
- The American Airlines Admirals Club is at: TA-West's Mezzanine level at gates A15/16; TA-East at gates A4/A6; at B/C Connector on level 3; and at TF's level 2 Food Court.
Automated flight info tel. 800-PHL-GATE
Airport general Information & Paging tel. 215-937-6937;
Airport Police 215-937-6817;
Aviation Division 215-937-5499;
Concessions 215-937-1200 or www.philamarketplace.com
Current Airlines serving Sky Harbor, their telephone number and terminal:
- Air Canada, tel. 888-247-2262; at T4
- Alaska, tel. 800-426-9333; at T2
- American, tel. 800-433-7300; at T4
- Boutique Air, tel. 855-268-8478 /415-449-0505; at T2
- British Airways, tel. 800-247-9297; at T4
- Condor, tel. 011-39-6171 6988920; at T4
- Delta, tel. 800-221-1212; at T3
- Frontier, tel. 801-401-9000; at T3
- Great Lakes, tel. 800-554-5111; at T2
- Hawaiian, tel. 800-367-5320; at T3
- JetBlue, tel. 800-538-2583; at T3
- Southwest, tel. 800-435-9792; at T4
- Spirit, tel. 801-401-2222; at T2
- Sun Country, tel. 800-359-6786; at T2
- United, tel. 800-241-6522; at T2
- Volaris, tel. 866-988-3527; at T4
- Westjet, tel. 866-937-8538; at T4
Current and future Airport developments:
A: The ongoing redevelopment project of Terminal 3 is to be completed in phases - some of which will be done up to late 2017, with the remaining work to end by 2019/20. The project is broken down into three components:
- Component 1 involves a new, consolidated security checkpoint to reduce wait times; additional airline ticket counters and more baggage handling capacity; overhauling HVAC & vertical circulation systems, and new finishes in the interior and exterior.
- Component 2 involves the replacement of the old South Concourse (to be torn down) by a new 15-gate concourse. The added gates at the new concourse will result in closure of airline operations at T2. Major improvements in this area are to include new food & retail concessions, new amenities and a large airline hold room.
- Component 3 involves the passenger flow reconfiguration & upgrades to concessions and provides new food & drink offers, and new interior & exterior finishes at North Concourse.
B: Furthermore, In March 2017 Southwest announced that it will invest in Terminal 4's new 8-gate Concourse - to open 2021.
C: In late May 2017 it was announced that 15 airlines support a $900M plan for 'critical' improvements and new infrastructure will include $396M maintenance & repair to both airfield & terminals, laying the groundwork for future development. Separately, a new Air Traffic Control tower is to be included. The projects are to span between 2017 and 2023/25 and includes airfield & terminals, and the smaller Northeast Airport.
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Phone: (602) 273 3300