Phoenix Sky Harbor (PHX) Airport
Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport Overview
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport PHX serves the Cith of Phoenix & Maricopa County, and is the primary Airport of the State of Arizona, and one of the country's major airports. Having celebrated its 75th anniversary in 2010, it markets itself as 'America's Friendliest Airport'. Among U.S. airports, Sky Harbor ranks now number ten in terms of passenger growth.
Sky Harbor Airport is located a few miles east of downtown Phoenix - surrounded by the Papago Freeway, 24th Street, Washington Street, 44th Street and Hohokam Expwy. Coming from SR 143, a new ramp connects directly to the Airport;
With three long parallel runways and serving over 40 million passengers annually, Phoenix PHX International is the primary regional hub and gateway to Mexico for US Airways, the third-largest hub for commuter airline Great Lakes, and focus city for Southwest (PHX's largest airline). PHX is served by a host of airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. Aeromexico is to offer daily flights to Hermosillo, Mexico, starting September 2012.
NEW: 1. Sky Harbor now offers the Global Entry Program (run by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), offering select passengers pre-approved expedited entry into the U.S. by bypassing the passport control lines and using an automated kiosk.
2. Early-Bag-Check-in for Passengers of Southwest & US Airways is now available at East Economy Parking; and also at the new PHX Sky Train Station (upon its opening, located at 44th St./ Washington Sta.). East Economy users can drop off bags before parking (look for signs when entering the lot). Metro light rail users can drop off bags at 44th St. /Washigton Station on level 2, east side. Do check your bags 90 mins prior to scheduled departure.
The passenger terminal complex at Sky Harbor Airport consists of three terminals -T2, T3 and the large T4.
Current and future Airport developments: 1. While the new electric PHX Sky Train opened in April 2013 after completion of Phase 1 of its project, Phase 2 project will serve all terminals with a station at Terminal 3 and a walkway to Terminal 2 by early 2015; at the end of Phase 3, the Sky Train will also serve the rental car center.
2. The redevelopment of Terminal 3 with three distict components and subsequent closing of Terminal 2 is now under consideration. Component 1 is the security checkpont expansion; Component 2 is the Terminal passenger flow reconfiguration & enhancemen of concessions; and Component 3 calls for a New South Concourse. The redevelopment would include a Skytrain connection, expanded security screening, optimized North Concourse, expanded vertical circulation, east curb expansion, ticketing lobby relocation and new South Concourse.
Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport Update History
- PHX Airports - Oct 15, 2013
- PHX Airport Intro - Oct 9, 2013
- PHX Main Terminals - Oct 9, 2013
- PHX Buses & Trains - Oct 1, 2013
- PHX Rental Cars - Sep 27, 2013
- PHX Smoking - Aug 22, 2013
- PHX Shuttles - Aug 22, 2013
- PHX Pets - Aug 22, 2013
- PHX Persons With Disabilities - Aug 22, 2013
- PHX Official Website Links - Aug 22, 2013
- PHX Lost Found - Aug 22, 2013
- PHX Internet - Aug 22, 2013
- PHX Guest Services - Aug 22, 2013
- PHX Food & Stores - Aug 12, 2013
- PHX Gate Offset - Aug 11, 2013
- PHX Terminal Map - Aug 11, 2013
- PHX Taxis & Limos - Jul 30, 2013
- PHX Parking On site - Jul 28, 2013