Phoenix Sky Harbor (PHX) Airport
Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport Overview
Sky Harbor Airport is only a few miles east of downtown Phoenix - surrounded by the Papago Freeway, 24th Street, Washington Street, 44th Street and Hohokam Expwy. It is also accessible from I-10 & I-17. Driving from SR 143, a new ramp connects directly to the Airport.
With three long parallel runways and 43.4M passengers in 2016, Phoenix PHX International is the primary regional hub and gateway to Mexico for US Airways, the third-largest hub for commuter airline Great Lakes, and focus city for Southwest (PHX's largest airline). PHX is served by a host of airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
- Early-Bag-Check-in for Passengers of American, Southwest & US Airways is now available at:
- East Economy parkin and at the new PHX Sky Train Station (at 44th St./ Washington Sta.). East Economy users can drop off bags before parking (look for signs when entering the lot). Metro light rail users can drop off bags at 44th St. /Washigton Station on level 2, east side. Do check your bags 90 mins prior to scheduled departure.
- Baggage check-in at Rental car Center: Passengers returning their rental car can now check in their bags at the Rental car center.
Passenger pickup/dropoff: Using the 44th St. PHX Sky Train Station (at SW corner of 44th St./ Washington.) has the advantage of early bag check service, kiosks to print out boarding passes, and quick transfer to terminals via Sky Train - a 5-min ride to T4, 7 min to T3, with walkway to T3 or T2. Addditionally, the Station has a free Cell Phone Lot.
Sky Harbor Airport has three passenger terminals - T2, T3 & T4. (For paging use tel. 602-273-3456, for Lost/Found 602-273-3333; for parking 602-273-4545.)
Security waiting times are now visible on the Flight Information Displays, on Paging Screens, and in the PHX Sky Train stations.
Current and future Airport developments: The ongoing redevelopment project of Terminal 3 is to be completed in phases, some of which will be done up to late 2017, with the remaining work to end by 2019/20. The project is broken down into three components:
- Component 1 involves a new, consolidated security checkpoint to reduce wait times; additional airline ticket counters and more baggage handling capacity; overhauling HVAC & vertical circulation systems, and new finishes in the interior and exterior.
- Component 2 involves the replacement of the old South Concourse (to be torn down) by a new 15-gate concourse. The added gates at the new concourse will result in closure of airline operations at T2. Major improvements in this area are to include new food & retail concessions, new amenities and a large airline hold room.
- Component 3 involves the passenger flow reconfiguration & upgrades to concessions and provides new food & drink offers, and new interior & exterior finishes at North Concourse.
3400 E Sky Harbor Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85034
- Website for Phoenix Sky Harbor: http://skyharbor.com
- Phone: (602) 273 3300