Pittsburgh PIT Airport Overview
PIA is located in the suburb of Findlay Township, about 20 miles west of downtown Pittsburgh, accessible from there by the Fort Pitt tunnel to Interstate Hwy I-376 West (to Airport Exit 53).
With 8.3M passenger in 2016, and three runways, Pittsburgh International Airport is served by major airlines and several regional jet services offering countless nonstop and connecting flights to all parts of the world.
- Allegiant currently offers two weekly year-round flights to Austin (AUS), and as of April 22, 2017 one weekly flight to Puerto Rico's Luis Munoz (SJU) airports
- OneJet adds service in March 2017 to Richmond, Va. and Albany, NY, with a travel time reduction of one hour on average. (OneJet currently serves PIA with flights to Hartford, Indianapolis, Milwaukee, Louisville & Cincinnatti.)
- Delta offers Paris flights between May 25 & Sept. 30,, 2017 - with daily flights through August and five weekly flights in September. Flight time is adjusted so as to allow for transfer time to flights to Europe, India & Israel.
- Vacation Express is adding flights to Cancun, Punta Cana and Jamaica for 6-night stays between May 7 & Aug. 5, 2017.
- WOW Air will offer low-fare flights to Iceland, where passengers may continue their journey by WOW to London, Frankfurt, Berlin, Paris or Dublin. Flights start June 16, 2017
- Condor Airlines offers flights to Frankfurt, Germany, on Fridays & Mondays, between June 23, 2017 and late September.
- Early-flight passengers: Ticket counters open at 4am; departing flights start at 5:30am; shops at the Airmall (most of them in the Airside Terminal, post-security) open at 5am; they will ship your purchase to your destination).
- Arrive 90 minutes to 2 hours prior to scheduled flight. The main checkpont is on the transit level of the landside terminal, open 24/7; an alternate checkpoint is outside of the Ticketing Level of the Landside Terminal - open 5am-6pm. The Express Lane, to the right of the Main Security Checkpoint and open from 5am, is to expedite check-in for passengers with only one carry-on item (either a purse, brief case, or computer case).
- Passengers without check-in luggage & only 1 carry-on item: Use the new Express Security Lane to the right of the main security checkpoint on the Transit Level. Carry-on item should not exceed 22x14x9 inches.
- Passengers arriving via parking shuttles, taxi cabs or hotel shuttles, are being dropped off at the ticketing level of the landside terminal. Those with a boarding pass printout and no checked luggage can proceed straight to the alternate security area.
- Passenger Pickup: The Extended Parking Lot now offers the first hour of parking free!
- The CBP Global Entry kiosks at Landside terminal's ticketing level /across from American Airlines ticket counter. Applications may be made there until September 2016.
- APCs (automated passport control kiosks) are available for U.S. & Canadian citizens and eligible Visa Waiver Program passengers.
- The Southwest ticket counter has moved to the north end of the ticketing level and is next to American Airlines.
- The new 'Kidsport' in Concourse C is a children's play & leaning area, featuring installations by museums.
The on-Airport Hyatt Regency Hotel is attached to the enclosed moving walkway of the Landside Terminal.
Pittsburgh Airport has a Landside and an Airside Terminal - connected by an underground people mover.