Pittsburgh PIT Airport Overview
Pittsburgh International Airport PIT - which serves the greater Pittsburgh area in the State of Pennsylvania - has a great reputation, ranked among the top airports in the U.S. and the world by Conde Nast Traveler Magazine, J.D. Power and Associates and OAG (Official Airline Guide) in recent years. This can be credited in part to the airport’s easy-to-navigate hub-and-spoke gate system and the hundreds of shops and restaurants which are mandated not to overcharge its customers. Business Travelers have ranked Pittsburgh International as Number 7 among US Airports.
PIT Airport is located in the suburb of Findlay Township, about 20 miles west of downtown Pittsburgh, accessible from there by the Fort Pitt tunnel to Interstate Hwy I-376 West (to Airport Exit 53).
With an estimated 8 million annual passengers and three runways, Pittsburgh International Airport is served by major airlines and several regional jet services offering countless nonstop and connecting flights to all parts of the world.
(a) Early-flight passengers: Ticket counters open at 4m; departing flights start at 5:30am; shops at the Airmall (most of them in the Airside Terminal, post-security) open at 5am (shops at the Airmall will ship your purchase to your destination).
(b) Arrive 90 minutes to 2 hours prior to scheduled flight. The main checkpont is on the transit level of the landside terminal, open 24/7; an alternate checkpoint is outside of the Ticketing Level of the Landside Terminal - open 5am-6pm. The Express Lane, to the right of the Main Security Checkpoint and open from 5am, is to expedite check-in for passengers with only one carry-on item (either a purse, brief case, or computer case).
(c) Passengers without check-in luggage & only 1 carry-on item: Use the new Express Security Lane to the right of the main security checkpoint on the Transit Level. Carry-on item should not exceed 22x14x9 inches.
(d) Passengers arriving via parking shuttles, taxi cabs or hotel shuttles, are being dropped off at the ticketing level of the landside terminal. Those with a boarding pass printout and no checked luggage can proceed straight to the alternate security area.
(e) Passenger Pickup: The Extended Parking Lot now offers the first hour of parking free!
(f) Global Entry interviews are scheduled November 4 to 6, 2013.
The on-Airport Hyatt Regency Hotel is attached to the enclosed moving walkway of the Landside Terminal.
Pittsburgh Airport has a Landside Terminal & and Airside Terminal - connected by an underground people mover.
Pittsburgh PIT Airport Update History
- PIT Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- PIT Guest Services - Oct 28, 2013
- PIT Airport Intro - Oct 12, 2013
- PIT Main Terminals - Oct 12, 2013
- PIT Buses & Trains - Oct 4, 2013
- PIT Rental Cars - Sep 27, 2013
- PIT Lost Found - Sep 3, 2013
- PIT Mail Center - Sep 3, 2013
- PIT Official Website Links - Sep 3, 2013
- PIT Persons With Disabilities - Sep 3, 2013
- PIT Pets - Sep 3, 2013
- PIT Internet - Sep 3, 2013
- PIT Int Arrivals - Sep 3, 2013
- PIT Emergency - Sep 3, 2013
- PIT Currency Exchange - Sep 3, 2013
- PIT Chapel - Sep 3, 2013
- PIT Carts Skycap - Sep 3, 2013
- PIT Baggage Claim - Sep 3, 2013
- PIT Business Services - Sep 3, 2013
- PIT Banking ATM - Sep 3, 2013
- PIT Taxis & Limos - Aug 13, 2013
- PIT Parking On site - Aug 10, 2013