Pittsburgh PIT Airport Overview
PIA is located in the suburb of Findlay Township, about 20 miles west of downtown Pittsburgh, accessible from there by the Fort Pitt tunnel to Interstate Hwy I-376 West (to Airport Exit 53).
With an estimated 7.9 million annual passenger count and three runways, Pittsburgh International Airport is served by major airlines and several regional jet services offering countless nonstop and connecting flights to all parts of the world.
Southwest Airlines added daily flights to Los Angeles LAX (to/from on same day).
American Airlines added daily flights to Los Angeles LAX (to/from on same day).
- OneJet (www.OneJet.com) started service to Louisville.
- Southern Airways now offers service to Harrisburg Airport MDT (at Gate A5 of Airside Terminal)
- As of June 2016 Frontier added the following flights to Orlando MCO, Chiocago O'Hare ORD, Atlanta ATL, Denver DEN and Las Vegas LAS.
- Vacation Express is adding flights to Cancun, Punta Cana and Jamaica for 6-night stays between May 7 & Aug. 5, 2017.
- Early-flight passengers: Ticket counters open at 4am; departing flights start at 5:30am; shops at the Airmall (most of them in the Airside Terminal, post-security) open at 5am; they will ship your purchase to your destination).
- Arrive 90 minutes to 2 hours prior to scheduled flight. The main checkpont is on the transit level of the landside terminal, open 24/7; an alternate checkpoint is outside of the Ticketing Level of the Landside Terminal - open 5am-6pm. The Express Lane, to the right of the Main Security Checkpoint and open from 5am, is to expedite check-in for passengers with only one carry-on item (either a purse, brief case, or computer case).
- Passengers without check-in luggage & only 1 carry-on item: Use the new Express Security Lane to the right of the main security checkpoint on the Transit Level. Carry-on item should not exceed 22x14x9 inches.
- Passengers arriving via parking shuttles, taxi cabs or hotel shuttles, are being dropped off at the ticketing level of the landside terminal. Those with a boarding pass printout and no checked luggage can proceed straight to the alternate security area.
- Passenger Pickup: The Extended Parking Lot now offers the first hour of parking free!
- The CBP Global Entry kiosks at Landside terminal's ticketing level /across from American Airlines ticket counter. Applications may be made there until September 2016.
- APCs (automated passport control kiosks) are available for U.S. & Canadian citizens and eligible Visa Waiver Program passengers.
- The Southwest ticket counter has moved to the north end of the ticketing level and is next to American Airlines.
The on-Airport Hyatt Regency Hotel is attached to the enclosed moving walkway of the Landside Terminal.
Pittsburgh Airport has a Landside and an Airside Terminal - connected by an underground people mover.