Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport Overview
Raleigh-Durham International Airport RDU is situated in the heart of North Carolina’s Research Triangle of Wake County - serving this vital area.
RDU Airport is located in Cedar Fork Township, – within an 11-mile range from either cities of Durham, or Raleigh, and 17 miles from Chapel Hill. In close proximity to the Airport are Interstate Highways I-40 and I-540 as well as State Hwy 70.
With three runways and an estimated 9 million yearly passengers, Raleigh-Durham Airport is served by major and regional airlines (Southwest Airlines is the largest carrier), offering nonstop and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
Raleigh-Durham International Airport has passenger terminals T1 & T2.
Current and Future Airport Developments: Terminal 1's modernization project of its central section is ongoing and official opening day is scheduled for March 2, 2014 when Terminal 1 becomes home to Southwest Airlines (with room for future growth & additional airlines). Up to this time the pedestrian tunnel from parking garage to T1, and the section housing Baggage Claims 1-3 and gates A9-19 are closed.
Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport Update History
- RDU Airport Intro - Oct 11, 2013
- RDU Airports - Oct 11, 2013
- RDU Main Terminals - Oct 11, 2013
- RDU Buses & Trains - Oct 3, 2013
- RDU Rental Cars - Sep 27, 2013
- RDU Business Services - Sep 1, 2013
- RDU Official Website Links - Sep 1, 2013
- RDU Baggage Claim - Sep 1, 2013
- RDU Mail Center - Sep 1, 2013
- RDU Lost Found - Sep 1, 2013
- RDU Internet - Sep 1, 2013
- RDU Int Arrivals - Sep 1, 2013
- RDU Pets - Sep 1, 2013
- RDU Emergency - Sep 1, 2013
- RDU Banking ATM - Sep 1, 2013
- RDU Currency Exchange - Sep 1, 2013
- RDU Chapel - Sep 1, 2013
- RDU Carts Skycap - Sep 1, 2013
- RDU Persons With Disabilities - Sep 1, 2013
- RDU Taxis & Limos - Aug 13, 2013
- RDU Food & Stores - Aug 11, 2013
- RDU Parking On site - Aug 7, 2013
- RDU Email - Aug 6, 2013