Santa Barbara Muni SBA Airport Overview
Santa Barbara Airport SBA is serving the greater area of Santa Barbara, California, and is an alternative to crowded Los Angles LAX Airport. As a consequence of a tremendous rise in passengers in the last decade, the Airport just opened a new terminal and intends to relocate & refurbish the current one.
Santa Barbara Airport is located on 500 Fowler Road, 7 miles west of downtown Santa Barbara, a beautiful city on the southern California coast, and situated adjacent to the University of California, and the city of Goleta, and is off Hwy. 101, and 92 miles northwest of Los Angeles.
With three runways and an estimated 728,000 passengers in 2011, Santa Barbara Airport is served by major airlines offering direct flights to hub airports throughout the US, with connections around the globe. Alaska Airlines aded a nonstop flight to Portland's PDX Airport.
Santa Barbara Airport has a new passenger terminal (The old terminal has been relocated and is being renovated to house the Airport Security operations center and parking lot operations.)
The new passenger terminal, a 'green building' with LEED rating, offers more efficient airline check-ins, baggage claim are, centralized services, more comfortable seating areas, improved concessions, and great ambiance. It also offers access to parking facilities. For paging someone call 805-681-4803.
Amenities and services inside the passenger terminal are free Wi-Fi access, an Ambassador program (volunteers help you get around the airport and answer inquiries), self-check-in kiosks, food & drink and reail concessions, ATM machines, vending machines, and pay-on-foot station. (For lost luggage contact your airline).
If you need to pick up a passenger at the Airport, it is best to use one of the two available free Cell Phone Waiting areas located: (a) at WW II Memorial near east end of Long-term parking lot, off J.Fowler Rd.; or (b) at Goleta Slough Overlook, south of the terminal & directly across from the Hwy 217 Sandspit Exit on W.Moffett Place. Stay with hour car until your party collected bags and calls you to be picked up at the terminal curb. Of course, you can also park in the new short-term lot across from the terminal.
Parking options at Santa Barbara Airport:
1. The new Short-term parking lot is serving the new terminal; and adjacent thereto is the
2. Long-term parking Lot 1, accessible off James Fowler Road, and another
3. Long-term parking Lot 2 is on Hollister/Lopez Roads, with daily 24/7 free shuttle service, running every ten mins.
4. Disabled parking spaces are available in the long- and short-term parking lots at regular rates.
Payment for Long-term lots is by major credit card; for Short-term lots by cash or major credit card. In front of the passenger terminal and at the exit kiosks are parking pay stations.
For more parking information call Ampco at 805-967-4566.
Rental cars at Santa Barbara Airport are available from on-site Budget, Enterprise, Hertz & National, with off-airport sevice by Avis (805-683-4715) and Thrifty (805-681-1222) available via shuttle bus.
To get from Santa Barbara Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, a door-to-door shuttle, or a bus:
For the door-to-door Central Coast Shuttle to Santa Barbara & Santa Maria area call 805-928-177, or the Road runner to Ventura Country at 805-389-8196, or outside Ventura county 800-247-7919.
The Santa Barbara MTA bus 11 runs between the Airport and downtown Santa Barbara--the bus stop is on Moffett Road across from the terminal. Bus schedules are in the terminal's south lobby or open sbmtd/gov.
Santa Barbara Muni SBA Services
Terminal Maps and Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Santa Barbara Muni SBA Airport Update History
- Updated SBA Airports page - Apr 23, 2013
- Updated SBA Parking On site page - Apr 23, 2013
- Updated SBA Food & Stores page - Mar 20, 2013
- Updated SBA Direct Flights page - Feb 25, 2013
- Updated SBA Airport Intro page - Jan 7, 2013
- Updated SBA Email page - Jan 7, 2013
- Updated SBA Lost Found page - Jan 7, 2013