Santa Barbara Airport Map & Terminal Guide
Getting Around the Airport
Santa Barbara Airport operates on the mission of being the “Airport of Choice” for the entire Tri-County region of Santa Barbara. It aims to be a self-sustaining airport that not only meets but also exceeds the safety and quality service expectations of its passengers. It is also on a mission of meeting the economic and transportation development needs of its partners and customers alike.
The terminal building structure at the SBA airport has one main terminal building which houses all airport facilities. The building has two main levels.
The First Level houses the Baggage Claim lobby towards the left and the Ticketing lobby towards the right. There is a Grand Entrance towards the centre, towards the left of which are Rental Car Counters. Services and amenities on this level include restrooms, payphone/TTD, ATMs, courtesy phones/TTD, elevators, escalators, stairs, and an Observation Terrace.
The Second Level houses a Passenger Screening Area after which there are two Boarding Gate Areas. One is for Gate 1 and 2 and the other is for Gate 3 and 4. Inside the boarding area there is a Gift Shop, Restaurant, and Bar. Services and amenities on this level include restrooms, payphone/TTD, ATMs, courtesy phones/TTD, elevators, escalators, stairs, and a Public Art area.
The terminal has been made accessible for the differently-abled and the elderly by means of incorporating glass boarding bridges wherever necessary.
For more information, please refer to the SBA Airport Map here.
Food, Shops & Amenities
There are various shopping and dining options in the HPN airport. For dining there is The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and Costa Terraza Restaurant & Tapas Bar in the upstairs concession area, and La Mission Café in the downstairs concession area. For shopping there is Santa Barbara News & Gifts in the upstairs concession area.
- In case of lost/found items:
- Contact your airline for lost items inside the aircraft
- Contact the Airport Patrol via the Security Operations Office (SOC)at (805) 681-4803 for lost items inside the airline terminal building or parking lots.
- Passengers are advised to arrive at least 2 hours before their scheduled departure time to account for TSA security wait times and any possible delays.
- To ensure a smooth check-in process, passengers should pack carry-on luggage in a suitable manner, have photo ID ready, and read all the airline guidelines properly prior to arriving at the airport.
- No unattended baggage will be allowed inside the terminal building. You must keep your bags with you at all times.