Southwest Florida RSW Airport Overview
Southwest Florida International Airport RSW serves southwest Florida's communities of Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Sanibel Island, Captiva Island, Charlotte Harbor, Marco Island, Bonita Springs, the Everglades & Naples. It is operated by the Lee County Port Authority. All the region's attractions are within a short driving distance of the Airport. RSW is a popular vacation destination for both American and international travelers. Visitors can go from baggage claim to beach in under 30 minutes.
RSW Airport is located southeast of Fort Myers, in Lee County, on Florida’s subtropical Gulf Coasts, and is close to Interstate Hwy 75 and US Route 41.
With a 12,000 foot runway (and a 9,100 foot parallel runway to be added), RSW counts on average between 7 & 8 million passengers each year, and is served by a host of major and minor airlines offering direct flights throughout the U.S. and Canada, with connections to all points of the world.
NOTE: Arrive at the Airport no later than 2 hrs prior to a scheduled domestic flight, and 3 hrs prior to an international flight!
Southwest Florida International has one passenger terminal.
Southwest Florida RSW Airport Update History
- RSW Airports - Oct 27, 2013
- RSW Airport Intro - Oct 12, 2013
- RSW Main Terminals - Oct 12, 2013
- RSW Rental Cars - Oct 4, 2013
- RSW Buses & Trains - Oct 4, 2013
- RSW Taxis & Limos - Sep 30, 2013
- RSW Security - Sep 4, 2013
- RSW Pets - Sep 4, 2013
- RSW Persons With Disabilities - Sep 4, 2013
- RSW Official Website Links - Sep 4, 2013
- RSW Smoking - Sep 4, 2013
- RSW Mail Center - Sep 4, 2013
- RSW Lost Found - Sep 4, 2013
- RSW Internet - Sep 4, 2013
- RSW Baggage Claim - Sep 4, 2013
- RSW Banking ATM - Sep 4, 2013
- RSW Business Services - Sep 4, 2013
- RSW Carts Skycap - Sep 4, 2013
- RSW Currency Exchange - Sep 4, 2013
- RSW Emergency - Sep 4, 2013
- RSW Guest Services - Sep 4, 2013
- RSW Int Arrivals - Sep 4, 2013
- RSW Parking On site - Aug 10, 2013
- RSW Airlines Served - Jun 23, 2013