Southwest Florida International Airport RSW
serves five counties in southwest Florida's and its communities of Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Sanibel Island, Captiva Island, Charlotte Harbor, Marco Island, Bonita Springs, the Everglades & Naples. It is operated by the Lee County Port Authority. All the region's attractions are within a short driving distance of the Airport. RSW is a popular vacation destination for both American and international travelers.
RSW Airport is located southeast of Fort Myers - on Florida’s subtropical Gulf Coast - close to Interstate Hwy 75 and US Route 41. Visitors can go from the terminal's baggage claim to beach in under 30 minutes
With a 12,000 foot runway (and a 9,100 foot parallel runway to be added), RSW had 8.2M passengers in 2016. It is served by a host of major and minor airlines offering direct flights throughout the U.S. and Canada, with connections to all points of the world.
Arrive at the Airport no later than 2 hrs prior to a scheduled domestic flight, and 3 hrs prior to an international flight!
Southwest Florida International has one passenger terminal.
Current Airlines serving SFIA, their Code, telephoe number and Concourse:
- airberlin AB, tel. 917-261-3165; Concourse B;
- Air Canada AC, tel. 888-247-2262, Concourse B
- American Airlines AA, tel. 800-433-7300, Concourse D
- Delt & Delta Connectionn DL, tel. 800-221-1212, Concourse C
- Frontier F9, tel. 801-401-9000, Concourse B
- JetBlue B6, tel. 800-538-2583, Concourse D
- Silver Airways 3M, tel. 801-401-9100, Concourse D
- Southwest WN, tel. 800-435-9792, Concourse B
- Spirit NK, tel. 800-772-7117, Concourse D
- Sun Country SY, tel. 800-359-6786, Concourse B
- United UA, tel. 800-241-6522, Concourse C
- Westjet WS, tel. 888-937-8538, Concourse C
Present and future Airport developments: Upgrades to the Baggage Handling System have now been competed.
- As of April 30, 2017
, the Terminal Access Road extension to 6 lanes from I-75 connecting to AirCargo Lane will be in place. (After completed preliminary work, traffic shifted in Summer 2016 allowing the median landscaping to start .)
- As of May 2017:
completion of phase 2 of the remediation of hazardous wildlife at north & south sides of Runway 6 and along service roads (currently halfway completed) .