Spokane GEG Airport Overview
Spokane International Airport GEG is the State's second-largest airport, owned by the City and County of Spokane, providing access to the heart of the Inland Northwest, a region that encompasses eastern Washington, northern Idaho and western Montana.
The Airport is located 5 miles west of downtown Spokane, in the eastern part of Washington State, and is situated near Interstate Hwy 90 (Exit 277) and Hwys 195 and 2.
With two long runways (a third one is under construction) and 3.0 million passengers in 2012, Spokane International Airport is served by major U.S. airlines offering direct flights to U.S. hubs, with connections around the globe.
As of 5/31/13 Southwest offers flights to Chicago Midway Airport.
On-Airport hotels include the Ramada hotel and the Wingate Inn on Airport Drive, close to the passenger terminal.
Spokane Airport has one passenger terminal with Concourses A & B.
Parking options at Spokane Airport: (Details are in the parking section.)
Rental car agencies are located in the Ground Transportation Center (to the left of the main passenger terminal), with a rental car return lot right behind it.
To get from Spokane International Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a tax (509-568-8000) or limo (Black Star 509-928-5466), a hotel courtesy shuttle or a door-to-door shuttle service (across from the left end of the terminal), or a bus:
1. Public STA buses run between the Airport and the Transportation Plaza in downtown Spokane.
2. Northwestern Stage Lines (509-838-7086 /800-366-6975) offers scheduled service to Downtown, Amtrak/Greyhound Center & surrounding communities.
3. Travel Washington Gold Line (888-739-5395) offers scheduled services to downtown Spokane, Deer Park, Loon Lake, Chewelah, Colville & Kettle Falls.
4. Payless Airport shuttle (208-762-7433 /888-870-7433) serves Coeur d'Alene, Hayden Lake, Rathdrum, Post Falls & Athol Idaho.
5. Wheatland Express (509-334-2200 /800-334-2207) serves Moscow, ID, and Pullman /Colfax, WA.
6. White Tail Transport (208-448-0848 /877-430-7133) served Idaho panhandle & surroundings (by reservation only).
7. Starrs& Striips (509-244-0730) serves FAFB & Survival School.
Future Airport Developments: The Airport is soon completing its five-year improvement and renovation project, which included adding a third runway and expanding Concourse C by adding more gates.
Spokane GEG Services
Terminal Maps and Services
- GEG Baggage Carts / Skycap
- GEG Baggage Claim
- GEG Banking / ATM Services
- GEG Business Services
- GEG Emergency / Medical Services
- GEG Guest Services
- GEG Internet Access
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Spokane GEG Airport Update History
- Updated GEG Airport Intro page - Jun 4, 2013
- Updated GEG Airports page - Jun 4, 2013
- Updated GEG Main Terminals page - Jun 4, 2013
- Updated GEG Food & Stores page - May 8, 2013
- Updated GEG Direct Flights page - Feb 21, 2013
- Updated GEG Parking On site page - Feb 21, 2013
- Updated GEG Banking ATM page - Dec 28, 2012
- Updated GEG Lost Found page - Dec 28, 2012