Stockholm Arlanda (ARN) Airport
Stockholm Arlanda ARN Airport Overview
Stockholm Arlanda Airport ARN is Sweden's (and Scandinavia's) largest airport, and is also the largest of the four airports serving the greater Stockholm area (Bromma, Skavsta & Vasteras). It is carbon-accredited & certified according to ISO 14001. Arlanda - among 11 Swedish airports - is operated by Swedavia.
The Airport is is located in the province of Uppand, municipality of Sigtuna, near the town of Marsta, and is situated 37 km north of Stockholm, Sweden's capital city, on the Scandinavian Peninsula, and not far from the shores of the Baltic Sea. Its access road is the Arlandavagen running into Highway 273, which connects at the next junction by a road west to E4 north; 273 continues south with connections to E4 north & south, and thereafter merges into Highway 263. ARN is Scandinavia's largest airport, used daily by some 50,000 passengers.
With 3 long runways a an estimated 20 million yearly passengers, Arlanda Airport is served by a host of national and international, regular & low-cost airlines, offering direct or connecting flights to all points of the globe. Seasonal charters also operate at the Airport.
Check-in news: 1. Passengers using the train from Uppsala & Gavle to the Airport can now check in at their Central Train stations.
2. Charter passengers can check in at Arlanda Airport's long-term parking facilities.
3. New Baggage check-in: After printout of the baggage tag at any of the automated check-in machines (at Airport & regional train stations) - drop your baggage off at the Self-Service Bag Drop counter, where you can scan the bar code on the baggage tag & follow instructions on the touch-screen. Starting with SAS & Norwegian Air Shuttle a few months ago, other airlines will follow suit. (Note that all Svedavia-operated airports will get this new technology.)
On-Airport hotels at Stockholm Arlanda: 1. Raddison Blu SkyCity Hotel (between Terminals 4 & 5, tel. +46 8 506 74000); 2. Jumbohostel' (inside a real Boeing 747-200 jumbo jet, with 72 rooms divided into 2 & 3-person rooms & dorms & cockpit suite on plane's upper level; tel. +46 8 593 60400); and 3. 'Rest and Fly' (an economy-priced hotel inside Sky City between T4 & T5, with a fitness center; tel. +46 8 506 74000).
The passenger complex at Stockholm Arlanda Airport includes four passenger terminals - T2, T3, T4 & T5 - arranged in a horse-shoe shape, with 'Sky City' in the center. Free yellow buses make their round between the terminals, hotels and parking areas.
Present and future Airport Developments: Swedavia, the Airport's operator, has announced a three-year renovation & expansion project, starting with Terminal 2, which has officially opened in April 2013. By 2015, a new baggage sorting facility is scheduled for completion.
Stockholm Arlanda ARN Airport Update History
- ARN Airports - Oct 27, 2013
- ARN Airport Intro - Oct 18, 2013
- ARN Buses & Trains - Oct 18, 2013
- ARN Rental Cars - Oct 18, 2013
- ARN Parking On site - Aug 7, 2013
- ARN Main Terminals - Jul 17, 2013