Stockholm Arlanda (ARN) Airport
Stockholm Arlanda ARN Airport Overview
Stockholm Arlanda Airport ARN is Sweden's largest airport and is certified according to ISO 14001 - evidence of the Airport's environmental work (the Airport is already carbon accredited). Arlanda - among 11 Swedish airport - is operated by Swedavia.
The Airport is is located in the province of Uppand, municipality of Sigtuna, near the town of Marsta, and is situated 37 km north of Stockholm, Sweden's capital city, on the Scandinavian Peninsula, and not far from the shores of the Baltic Sea. Its access road is the Arlandavagen running into Highway 273, which connects at the next junction by a road west to E4 north; 273 continues south with connections to E4 north & south, and thereafter merges into Highway 263 ARN is Scandinavia's largest airport, used daily by some 50,000 passengers.
With 3 long runways a an estimated 19 million passengers in 2012, Arlanda Airport is served by a host of national and international, regular & low-cost airlines, offering direct or connecting flights to all points of the globe. Seasonal charters also operate at the Airport.
Check-in news: 1. Passengers using the train from Uppsala & Gavle to the Airport can now check in at their Central Train stations.
2. Charter passengers can check in at Arlanda Airport's long-term parking facilities.
3. New Baggage check-in: After printout of the baggage tag at any of the automated check-in machines (at Airport & regional train stations) - drop your baggage off at the Self-Service Bag Drop counter, where you can scan the bar code on the baggage tag & follow instructions on the touch-screen. Starting with SAS & Norwegian Air Shuttle a few months ago, other airlines will follow suit. (Note that all Svedavia-operated airports will get this new technology.)
On-Airport hotels at Stockholm Arlanda: 1. Raddison Blu SkyCity Hotel (between Terminals 4 & 5, tel. +46 8 506 74000); 2. Jumbohostel' (inside a real Boeing 747-200 jumbo jet, with 72 rooms divided into 2 & 3-person rooms & dorms & cockpit suite on plane's upper level; tel. +46 8 593 60400); and 3. 'Rest and Fly' (an economy-priced hotel inside Sky City between T4 & T5, with a fitness center; tel. +46 8 506 74000).
The passenger complex at Stockholm Arlanda Airport includes four passenger terminals - T2, T3, T4 & T5 - arranged in a horse-shoe shape, with 'Sky City' in the center. Free yellow buses make their round between the terminals, hotels and parking areas. (For more information, please refer to 'Terminal Map' page.)
Parking options at Stockholm Arlanda Airport: (For more information, please refer to 'Airport Parking' page.)
Rental cars: For Avis, Budget, Europcar & Hertz, take shuttle bus 17 at Stop 17 outside terminals 2, 4 & 5; The Sixt rental office is at Arlana Langtid Alfa - take shuttle bus 14 at stop 14 outside terminals 2, 4 & 5. Rental cars must be picked up from & returned to the rental car agency's office.
To get from Stockhom Arlanda Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, a train, or a bus:
1. The railway station for the Arlanda Express, a high-speed train, stops at each of the Terminals and runs to the Stockholm Central Station, with nationwide connections.
2. A new commuter train service new runs between Stockholm Arlanda & Uppsala.
3. Swebus started a route between the Airport and Stockolm's Cityterminalen bus station with over 40 daily departures. Its ticket machines are in the terminals & at the bus stops; you can also ay on board by credit card, SMS or e-ticket.
SL public night buses 592 & 593 run between the Airport & central Stockholm.
4. The Upptaget trains run between Uppsala & Upplands Vasby, changing in Upplands Vasby to suburban trains to Stockholm.
5. Flygbussarna & SL coaches make several stops in northern Stockholm County, Stockholm city center & Central Station.
Present and future Airport Developments: Swedavia, the Airport's operator, has announced a three-year renovation & expansion project, starting with Terminal 2. No date has yet been announced for completion of Terminal 2.
Stockholm Arlanda ARN Services
Terminal Maps and Services
- ARN Banking / ATM Services
- ARN Currency Exchange
- ARN Internet Access
- ARN Lost & Found
- ARN Pets / Animals
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Stockholm Arlanda ARN Airport Update History
- Updated ARN Airports page - May 15, 2013
- Updated ARN Food & Stores page - May 15, 2013
- Updated ARN Airport Intro page - Apr 3, 2013
- Updated ARN Terminal Map page - Mar 15, 2013
- Updated ARN Main Terminals page - Mar 2, 2013
- Updated ARN Direct Flights page - Jan 23, 2013
- Updated ARN Banking ATM page - Dec 23, 2012
- Updated ARN Currency Exchange page - Dec 23, 2012
- Updated ARN Lost Found page - Dec 23, 2012