Stockholm Arlanda (ARN) Airport
Stockholm Arlanda ARN Airport Overview
ARN Airport is is located in the municipality of Sigtuna, near the town of Marsta - 37 km north of the capital city of Stockholm. Its access road is the Arlandavagen running into Highway 273, which connects at the next junction by a road west to E4 north; 273 continues south with connections to E4 north & south, and thereafter merges into Highway 263.
With 3 long runways a an estimated yearly passenger count of 20 million, Arlanda Airport is served by a host of national and international, regular & low-cost airlines, offering direct or connecting flights to all points of the globe. Seasonal charters also operate at the Airport.
Starting March 2016, SAS will offer non-stop service to Los Angles LAX.
NOTE: Stockholm Arlanda Airport has now U.S. pre-clearance: U.S.-bound passengers (including green-card holders) & Canadian passport holders, and those of Visa-waiver countries) may now use one of the self-service APC kiosks at the U.S. Customs /Nassau Preclearance area (instead of the old customs declaration form) for expedited entry process by following on-screen instruction; after completion, collect receipt & proceed to a USCBP officer completing the process. Persons living at the same address may use the same kiosk.
- Passengers using the train from Uppsala & Gavle to the Airport can now check in at their Central Train stations.
- Charter passengers can check in at Arlanda Airport's long-term parking facilities.
- New Baggage check-in: After printout of the baggage tag at any of the automated check-in machines (at Airport & regional train stations) - drop your baggage off at the Self-Service Bag Drop counter, where you can scan the bar code on the baggage tag & follow instructions on the touch-screen. (Note that all Svedavia-operated airports will get this new technology.)
On-Airport hotels at Stockholm Arlanda:
- The Clarion Hotel at SkyCity is between Terminals 4 & 5, tel. +46 (0)8 444 1800;
- Raddison Blu Sky at Sky City is between Terminals 4 & 5, tel. +46 8 506 74000) it also offers the a conference center;
- Jumbo Stay - (inside a real Boeing 747-200 jumbo jet, with 27 rooms, tel. +46 8 593 60400); and
- Rest and Fly' - an economy-priced hotel with rooms for day or night time - is inside Sky City between T4 & T5, also offers separae showers at fee - tel. +46 8 506 74000).
- A new major hotel to be built next to the terminals is currently in the planning stages.
Stockholm Arlanda Airport has four passenger terminals - T2, T3, T4 & T5.
Present and future Airport Developments: Between 2015 & 2023 the following projects are on tap:
- Parking capacity at Terminal 5 (Parking deck)
- New airport Maintenance area near runway 3 is the first project, started 2015: The od current maintenance area was demolished, its space to be used for T5 extension.
- Old T5 and new pier: Adapting T5 with expanded security areas and new commercial areas; new pier at T5, phase 1 is to start in 2018
- New baggage handling capacity (Baggage capacity, phase 2)
- Upgrade security capacity at T4
- New multi-level parking facility at T5, phase 1
- After completion of the expansion & renovation project, there is to be a North Terminal with Piers D, E & F and a South Terminal with Piers A, B & D - joined together by the 'SkyCity'.
- In the long-term, a new and exclusive shopping 'thoroughfare' is being built - adding well-known brands.