Tucson TUS Airport Overview
Tucson International Airport TUS - also referred to as 'TIA' is Arizona State's second-largest airport and serves Pimas County and the city of Tucson. It is noted for having reliable on-time services and for its outstanding permanent collection of original art work done by noted artists from the surrounding counties and from northern Sonora, Mexico.
TIA Airport is in South Tucson - six miles from Tucson's central business district. It is situated in a high desert valley surrounded by mountains, and is 110 miles south of metropolitan Phoenix, and 60 miles north of the Mexican border. TIA is accessible from the South via Interstate Hwy. I-19 and from the Northwest via I-10.
With three runways, and an estimated 3.5 million passengers annually, Tuscon International Airport is an economical alternative to Sky Harbor Airport. Several major and low-cost airlines currently serve the airport, providing nonstop service to major US cities with convenient connections from there.
NOTE: It is highly recommended that you arrive at the Airport no later that 45 to 90 minutes before scheduled departure time - particularly during busiest hours 6 to10am on weekdays - for Concourse A departures by American, Frontier & Southwest.
Tucson International has a three-level passenger terminal.
Tucson TUS Airport Update History
- TUS Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- TUS Airport Intro - Oct 13, 2013
- TUS Main Terminals - Oct 13, 2013
- TUS Taxis & Limos - Oct 7, 2013
- TUS Buses & Trains - Oct 5, 2013
- TUS Rental Cars - Sep 28, 2013
- TUS Security - Sep 6, 2013
- TUS Pets - Sep 6, 2013
- TUS Persons With Disabilities - Sep 6, 2013
- TUS Parking On site - Sep 6, 2013
- TUS Official Website Links - Sep 6, 2013
- TUS Smoking - Sep 6, 2013
- TUS Mail Center - Sep 6, 2013
- TUS Lost Found - Sep 6, 2013
- TUS Baggage Claim - Sep 6, 2013
- TUS Banking ATM - Sep 6, 2013
- TUS Business Services - Sep 6, 2013
- TUS Carts Skycap - Sep 6, 2013
- TUS Emergency - Sep 6, 2013
- TUS Guest Services - Sep 6, 2013
- TUS Int Arrivals - Sep 6, 2013
- TUS Internet - Sep 6, 2013
- TUS Airlines Served - Jul 3, 2013