Tucson TUS Airport Overview
TIA Airport is in South Tucson - only six miles from Tucson's central business district - and situated in a high desert valley surrounded by mountains. It is 110 miles south of metropolitan Phoenix, and 60 miles north of the Mexican border. TIA is accessible from the South via Interstate Hwy. I-19 and from the Northwest via I-10.
With three runways, and an estimated 3.3 million passengers annually, Tuscon International Airport is an economical alternative to Sky Harbor Airport. Several major and low-cost airlines currently serve the airport, providing nonstop service to major US cities with convenient connections from there. All-year services are offered by Alaska Airlines to Portland, Oregon.
NOTE: It is highly recommended that you arrive at the Airport no later that 45 to 90 minutes before scheduled departure time - particularly during busiest hours 6 to10am on weekdays - for Concourse A departures by American, Frontier & Southwest.
The new 'Trusted Traveler Enrollment Center' inside the Airport provides expedited clearances at Ports of Entry for pre-approved lowprisk international travelers; this includes Global Entry, SENTRI, NEXUS & FAST, and TSA Pre-check. For more information open: cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs .
Tucson International has a three-level passenger terminal.
Present & future Airport developments:
1. Plans are moving ahead for the following projects: Relocation of security checkpoints; adding more concession space at concourses, and relocate TAA staff & tenants.
2. The Terminal Apron reconstruction work (Zone 9) started early June 2014. Construction access is through gate 4; 'Extreme Caution' in that area is suggested. Completion is scheduled for 8/25/14.
3. The new 12-level control tower should be completed by fall 2015.
4. The ongoing apron reconstruction done in two phases is to be completed by 2016.
7250 S Tucson Blvd
Tuscon, AZ 85706
- Website for Tucson: http://www.flytucson.com/
- Phone: (520) 573 8100