Houston Hobby HOU Airport Overview
Houston William P. Hobby Airport HOU is Houston's secondary commercial aviation facility, handling the area's domestic flights (the other being Houston Intercontinental, which handles international flights), and is owned and operated by the City of Houston. Due to its convenient location, Hobby Airport is also accessible to a large portion of the population of the Houston-Clear Lake-Galveston area.
HOU Airport is located about seven miles from the business district of the City of Houston, Texas, and is situated on Telephone Road 35, between Sam Houston Tollway and I-610 which intersects with Interstate 45 bordering the airport and integrates into the road network serving the Gulf Coast's industrial complex.
With four runways and a a yearly estimate of 10 million passengers, William P. Hobby Airport is largest hub airport for Southwest Airlines, and it is served by a a number of major, regional and low-cost airlines offering direct flights with connections around the world.
Houston Hobby Airport's passenger terminal has a baggage claim and a ticketing level, with access to the Central Concourse.
1. Arrive at the Airport two hours prior to scheduled departure!
2. Southwest Airlines has received approval from the City for operating international flights from Houston Hobby (therefore, a new 'west concourse' will be added - see below. Southwest Airline curbside check-in is on level 1 near the baggage claim area.
3. The TSA Checkpoint inside the Terminal C Bridge (the connector between the Terminal C & its parking garage) has been closed.
Future Airport Developments:
1. For Southwest's upcoming international service at HOU, a new west concourse housing five gates for international operations by narrow-bodied aircraft will be added - four gates of which will be used by Southwest . The Concourse will have a corridor in the secured area for easy transfer to other gates. Ground-breaking has now begun, while tentative completion & the first international flight are scheduled for late 2015.
3. A new 4-level parking garage is pressently in the design stage; completion thereof is scheduled for year-end 2015.
Houston Hobby HOU Airport Update History
- HOU Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- HOU Airport Intro - Oct 11, 2013
- HOU Buses & Trains - Oct 3, 2013
- HOU Rental Cars - Sep 25, 2013
- HOU Official Website Links - Sep 25, 2013
- HOU Int Arrivals - Aug 31, 2013
- HOU Internet - Aug 31, 2013
- HOU Lost Found - Aug 31, 2013
- HOU Mail Center - Aug 31, 2013
- HOU Main Terminals - Aug 31, 2013
- HOU Guest Services - Aug 31, 2013
- HOU Emergency - Aug 31, 2013
- HOU Currency Exchange - Aug 31, 2013
- HOU Chapel - Aug 31, 2013
- HOU Carts Skycap - Aug 31, 2013
- HOU Business Services - Aug 31, 2013
- HOU Banking ATM - Aug 31, 2013
- HOU Persons With Disabilities - Aug 31, 2013
- HOU Taxis & Limos - Aug 13, 2013
- HOU Parking On site - Jul 4, 2013
- HOU Airlines Served - Jun 27, 2013