I am flying from Chengdu connecting to a flight to Va [more]Mark Yesterday
short transfer time Air China
I'm traveling from Ulan Bataar and transferring to LA [more]RHC 07/12/2017
Enough time to MNL
The layover at PEK from LAX to MNL is around 1.5Hrs. [more]DV 04/24/2017
I fly from Guilin with China Southern Airlines to Bei [more]ireland 03/29/2017
The BCIA hotline number is 96158.
BCIA is located in an enclave of Chaoyang District - 32 km northeast of Beijing - accessible by (a) the Airport Expressway, a 20-km toll road leading straight to Terminals 1 & 2; (b) the 2d Airport Expressway toll road leading directly to Terminal 3.
With 94.4M passengers in 2016, and three long runways, Beijing Capital International Airport is hub for Air China, China Southern, China Easern, Hainan, Shanghai & Shenzhen airlines, and is served by a host of domestic and foreign airlines offering numerous direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
BCIAl has three passenger terminals - T1, T2 & T3--the'Dragon Terminal'. Each of the terminals has its own parking garage with large & small-car parking facilities.
- As of January 2017 no more oversized baggage is allowed to bring on-board. The maximum measurements of bags cannot exceed 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm! This measure will ease flight delays.
- China has granted a 72-hour 'visa-free transit' for nationals of over 50 countries, including the U.S
- Tax Refunds: Overseas tourists may claim a tax refund for eligible purchases at designated tax refund shops.
- The three runway repair work has been completed during April 2017.
Future Airport Developments:
- Upon completion of runway 4 in 2018, the current Airport will be able to handle another 8 million passengers annually.
- The new $14B Beijing-Daxing Airport (BDIA), 31 miles south of Beijing, is to become a second Beijing airport - not a replacement) - with 7 runways, and a capacity of 100M passengers annually - is is under construction - located between Beijing's Daxing district & Hebei Province (north of Yongding River & 46 km south of Tiananmen Square): The star-shaped terminal complex with 7 'arms' (concourses) surrounding its core is tentatively planned to accommodate SkyTeam member airlines. It is to hold initially 45M passengers annually, and be adaptable to operate in several different configurations as requirements dictate. It will also house an integrated multi-modal transport center linking it to local & national rail services (including the Gaotie high-speed rail.) Its first phase of construction - completed in August 2016 - is to accommodate 72M passengers and have 4 runways, supporting buildings & facilities, and a passenger terminal covering an area of 700,000 sq.meters - scheduled to be completed by July 2019.
- While Air China and its Star Alliance partners will continue operating from BCIA - China Southern & China Eastern airlines, together with SkyTeam partners currently operating from BCIA, will move to BDIA, which is.
Upon Daxing Airport's completion, both airports (Capital & Daxing) will be able to accommodate about the same amount of passengers.