45 minute connection at denver
I have United flight from Phoenix to Frankfurt with 4 [more]chris 07/21/2017
Have 40 minute layover to transfer to Canada, we are [more]Abela 07/16/2017
Can I go thru security in terminal A and still get to [more]Mja 07/15/2017
Train connections to Union Station
My flight lands at 6:30 am. Can I make the Californi [more]ssmith228 07/15/2017
Denver Airport is the first U.S. airport to secure international Carbon accreditation.
Annual Skytrax 2015 rankings for Denver Airport: Number 8 for world’s best airports over 50M passengers. Among North American Airports it ranked number 3 for Best Airport; number 2 for Best Staff; number 2 for Best Regional Airport. It also ranked number 5 for Best Domestic Airport and number 7 for World's Best Regional Airport. Skytrax World Awards named Denver Airport a 'Passener Favorite' in 2017. DIA ws also named 'Top Global Megahub' for connectivity.
You can contact the Airport toll-free within Colorado at 800-247-2336.
Denver Airport is located in the northeastern section of of Denver (which is also its operator) - reached directly from Pena Blvd., and from close-by Interstate Highways 70 east/west, E-470, and 25 north/south. Travel between Denver's Business Center and DIA takes an estimated 30 minutes.
- By Nov. 2016 available lanes were reduced and a speed limit of 25-35 mph at inbound section of Pena Blvd. enforced, which splits toward the west terminal entrance.
With six long runways and 58.3 million passengers in 2016, Denver International Airport is hub to Frontier, Great Lakes & United airlines, and is served by a host of airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. Recent arline offers include:
- Aeromexico offers service to Monterrey (MEX)
- Volaris added two weekly year-round nonstop flights to Monterrey (MEX)
- Southwest Airlines started seasonal Saturday service to Belize City.
- PenAir offers 12 weekly flights to the Kansas destinations of Doge City & Liberal; to Nebraska's Kearney & North Platte, and Scottsbluff .
- Great Lakes started 10 weekly services to/from Telluride (no Tuesdays)
- Allegiant low-cost airline started service to Montrose (Colorado).
- Air Canada launched flights to Vancouver
- Copa will offer 4 weekly nonstop service to Panama, C.A., starting Dec.11, 2017
- The new on-Airport Westin Hotel & Conference Center with a two-winged roof has14-levels and 519 rooms, and includes a huge conference center and meeting rooms. The top level has a swimming pool & fitness studio. Westin Hotel earned from ACI the 'LEED Platinum Status among U.S. Hotels' in March 2017.
- Passengers with long layovers may consider using the free new tents provided by the Colorado Yurt Company, located at each of the three Concourses which include 36 yurts and tipis of varius models - containing sleeping bags, lanterns, public WiFi and USB charging stations. (Passengers may reserve for up to 4 hours at a time on a first-come basis.)
Current Airline location, gates, baggage claim terminals (BC), curb-side check-in (CSC) & contacts.
Aeromexico, at West, A gates; BC: North, International Arrivals; No CSC; tel. (800) 237-6639
Air Canada, at West; A gates; BC: West; No CSC; tel. 800) 252-7522
Alaska, at West, C gates; BC: West; No CSC; tel. 800-252-7522
Allegiant, at West, A gates; BC: West; no CSC; tel. 702-505-8888
American (with curbside check-in): at West, A gates; BC: West; CSC; tel. (800) 433-7300
Boutique Air, at East; A gates; BC: East; No CSC; tel. (855) 268-8478
British Airways, at West, A gates; BC: North, International Arrivals; No CSC; tel. (800) AIRWAYS
Delta Air Lines (with curbside check-in): at East, A gates; BC: East; CSC; tel. (800) 221-1212
Denver Air Connection, at West, A gates; no BC; no CSC; tel. (855) 235-9322
Frontier Airlines, at East; A gates; BC: East; CSC; tel. (801) 401-9000
Great Lakes Airlines, at East; A gates; BC: East; no CSC; tel. (800) 554-5111
Icelandair, at West, A gates; BC: North, Int'l Arrivals; no CSC; Tel. (800) 223-5500
JetBlue Airways, at East, A gates; BC: East; no CSC; tel. (800) 538-2583
Lufthansa, at West, A gates; BC: North, Int'l Arrivals; no CSC; tel. (800) 645-3880
PenAir, at West, A gates; BC: West; no CSC; tel. (800) 448-4226
Southwest Airlines, at East; C gates; BC: East; CSC; tel. (800) 435-9792
Spirit Airlines, at East, A gates; BC: East; no CSC; tel. (801) 401-2222
Sun Country Airlines, at West; A gates; BC: West; no CSC; tel. (800) 359-6786
United Airlines, at West; B gates; BC: West; CSC; tel. (800) 864-8331
Virgin America, at East, A gates; BC: East; no CSC; tel. (877) 359-8474
ViaAir, at East, A gates; BC: East; no CSC; tel. (407-641-4108
Volaris, at West, A gates; BC: North, Int'l Arrivals; no CSC; tel. (866) 988-3527
Present and future Airport developments: From 2017 onwards Denver Airport is preparing to accommodate current and future growth and adderss aging infrastructure: It has set five main priorities, which include the Jeppesen Terminal, Concourses A,B & C, the Air- and Landsides (runways, taxiways, deicing, ramps, fueling; roadways, parking, rental cars); and its Real Estate.
Currently the location of TSA checkpoints are at capacity, but has no space to expand - while summer 2017 is to include 55 days of record passengers. The terminal was intended to serve only 50M (but served in 2016 58M). Aging facilities need major upgrades. Inadequate concession space is needed to accommdate future passenger growth. Airline gates reached capacity and airlines requested 30 more gates by 2020. Lastly, the ticket lobby space is underutilized and inefficient.
Proposed 'Great Hall' Components at both levels 5 & 6 are to be addressed by work on:
- Level 6 - Consolidated Ticket Lobby, New TSA Security Screening and a Bridge Connection;
- Level 5 - new Meeter-Greeter Southern Lobby and a Post-Security Concession Area.
This would decrease terminal vulnerabiltiy and increase capacity from 50 to 80M passengers by 2031/32. If gate expansion could be done, it would balance terminal capacity with new concourse capacity. Security Checkpoints throughput would increase 50-70 percent. Pre- and post-security passenger experience would be enhanced. More Concessions would increase terminal revenue. Upgrades are to be made to mechanical & electrical systems, as well as to escalators, elevators, restrooms ticketing and sceening technology.