Detroit Metropolitian Airport (DTW) Nearby Airports by Distance
Closest Airports to DETROIT METROPOLITIAN DTW AIRPORT
Detroit, MI (0 miles)
Swanton, OH (50 miles)
Flint, MI (55 miles)
Lansing, MI (74 miles)
Cleveland, OH (96 miles)
Freeland, MI (98 miles)
Portage, MI (113 miles)
Grand Rapids, MI (120 miles)
Fort Wayne, IN (128 miles)
North Canton, OH (134 miles)
Interactive Map Search
- GREATER DETROIT METRO AREA AIRPORTS
1. Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport DTW (or short 'Metro Airport') is located approximately 20 miles outside of the City of Detroit, Michigan, close to Highways 94 and 275. The Airport is one of the newest and most efficient airports in North America, and offers two new passenger terminals with 145 gates, six jet runways and two modern inspection service facilities for international arrivals. With over 35 million passengers each year, Metro Airport is one of the busiest airports in the U.S. and ranks among the largest air transportation hubs in the world. It is also Delta's second-largest hub and its primary Asian gateway. DTW also serves as the SkyTeam Alliance's major mid-western hub and is a major operations base for low-cost carrier Spirit Airlines. Its ten domestic and four international airlines serve more than 160 non-stop destinations around the world. Metro Airport's two terminals, the McNamara and the North Terminal, offer award-winning concessions from shops to restaurants. Wi-Fi access is available throughout the terminal, and transportation options are plentiful.
2. Coleman Young International Airport DET --located 5.8 miles from Detroit Metropolitan DTW--is located within the city of Detroit, Michigan, close to Interstate Hwy 95 (Exit 220b, go north to DET Airport; or Gatiot Ave. to Connor, go north to DET Airport). The Airport serves as a regional airport. Its passenger terminal has restaurants and retail concessions, as well as passenger lounges and parking areas. Its short-term parking lot is adjacent to the south end and its long-term parking lot is adjacent to the north end of the passenger terminal. Car rental agencies Enterprise and Hertz are located on-Airport premises. The airport is a port-of-entry facility with U.S. Customs and Immigration services. The Executive terminal serves the general aviation part of the Airport. Taxi fees to/from downtown Detroit are a third of what you would pay using Detroit Metro Airport, with lesser travel time.
3. Ann Arbor Municipal Airport ARB --located 36.5 miles from Detroit Metro--located at State and Ellsworth Roads, south of I-94, is a general aviation airport 3 miles south of the city of Ann Arbor in Washtenaw County, Michigan, and offers charter and private air services for business customers. The City owns and leases 148 T-hangars, and some tie-down spaces. Bijan Air and Aviation Center offer full-service facilities and aircraft maintenance, repair and service, as well as flight instruction, aircraft rental and 24-hour charter service. On-site car rental, taxi and limousine service to Washtenaw County locations are available. Open 24/7.
4. Bishop International Airport FNT --57 miles from Detroit Metro--is located on Bristol Road in the city of Flint, Michigan, and is only half a mile from the I-75/US23 and I-69 interchange and only 30 minutes from the I-75 Detroit business corridor, North Oakland County, Frankenmuth, Birch Run and Pontiac. Its passenger terminal is bright and spacious, and offers many amenities. The Airport is served by major airlines offering non-stop services with worldwide connections to major U.S. hubs, and to Ft.Lauderdale and Ft.Myers. Plenty of parking and rental car choices are available. Bishop Airport, only 64 miles northwest of Detroit, offers low fares, affordable parking and less time on the highways, saving you time and money.
5. Toledo Express Airport TOL --located 64 miles from Detroit Metro--is located 10 miles west of the city of Toledo in the extreme western portion of Lucas County, Ohio, near the border with Fulton County, just east of the town of Swanton, Ohio, on State Route 2 near the Ohio Turnpike--Exit 52 of the Turnpike connects the Turnpike with Route 2. The Airport affords easy access from northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan and is conveniently situated close to a multi-modal transportation system. With one of the two runways measuring 10,600 feet, Toledo Express Airport is currently served by five airlines offering non-stop service to Chicago Ord, Orlando Sanford, Tampa, Ft.Myers/Punta Gorda, and Detroit, with connections around the world. Six rental car agencies serve the airport and A1 Accurate Limousine & Airport Service serves as exclusive transportation provider for Toledo Express Airport. The food court at the departure level offers fast-food choices and a bar; there is also a gift shop/snack bar on the lower level. Long- and short-term parking is available; the first 15 minutes are free--cash, checks and credit cards accepted. You can also use E-Ticket Express, a credit card in/out option, allowing you to swipe your credit card for entry into the parking lot and then again upon your exit. The system automatically calculates the parking fee based on the amount of time in the lot and charges the credit card. This option enables you to park without a ticket and allows you to exit without cashier interaction.