Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta (ATL) Airport
Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport Overview
In July 2015 the Air Transport Research Society ATRS awarded Atlanta Airport (among airports of its size) the 'Global Efficiency Excellence Award for the 12th year in a row!
ATL Airport is a few miles south of the Atlanta's business district, accessible directly from Camp Creek Pkwy., and indirectly from interstate highway 285, exit 2; To get to the Domestic Terminal (on I-85/75 southbound through downtown Atlanta), use exit 242 ; to get to the International Terminal use and I-75, exit 239.
ATL is also directly accessible via the MARTA's Red/Gold rail line.
NOTE: As of April 2015: The major roadway improvement project has now been completed with the opening of intersection Riverdale Rd./ Airport Blvd. - resulting in greater safety & reducing traffic congestion. The south end of Terminal Pkwy has now been permanently closed, while a new span of roadway now connects Terminal Pkwy to the southern end of Airport Blvd, with a new permanent access point from Riverdale Rd at the existing signal-controlled intersection (the location of the monument sign). Drivers on Riverdale Rd. coming from I-85 will get plenty of notice before approaching Airport entrance.
Entrances to the Airport from I-85 south at Exit 72, I-85 north at Exit 71, Loop Rd and Camp Creek Pkwy will remain the same.
With five runways and estimated 96 million passengers annually, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport is primary hub for Delta Air Lines, and is served by countless U.S. & foreign airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
The Customer Service can be reached at: 1-800-897-1910 / fax 1-404-530-7384.
1. As security checkpoint lines at times are very long, it is recommended that on busy days (morning hours & holidays) passengers arrive at the airport more than two hours ahead of international flight departure, and 90 minutes before domestic departures.
2. While Southwest ticket counters are in Terminal North (part of the Domestic Terminal), it operates out of Concourse C.
3. Atlanta Airport is currently one of five U.S. Airports who undertake extra screening for Ebola for arriving passenger from Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone & from Lagos, Nigeria.
4. Eligible passenges may download the MPC (Mobile Passport Control) app, which can be downloaded free from Apple APP or Google Play Stores, or over the Airiport' free WiFi system.
Atlanta International Airport has two Main Terminals: The Domestic Terminal (TD) and the International Maynard Jackson Terminal (TI or IT).
Current and future Airport developments: A $430M renovation project - currently in the contractor bidding stage - involves the Domestic Terminal's atrium - to be transformed into a 'park-like setting'. A canopy will be added to cover the curbside area during consruction. Gate areas on the Concourses will be upgraded - including adding charging outlets at seats. A switchback queuing expansion should end long lines at checkpoint security. Completion is aimed for yearend 2017.
6000 N Terminal Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30320
- Website for Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta: http://www.atlanta-airport.com
- Contact: http://www.atlanta-airport.com/contactus.aspx?to=cs
- Phone: (404) 530 7300 / fax 7374