Not seeing my Terminal on the map
Hi..Im traveling from Baltimore Md to Atl and then on [more]Gibbs 12 hr ago
UK connection to Savannah
We land at ATL from the UK and have 1 hour 26 minutes [more]SJA 19 hr ago
Lost coming OUT of airport
I dropped off my son at the South Terminal (Delta) we [more]Diane E Tavegia 20 hr ago
Wheel Chair Facility
I will be dropping my elderly parents off at the Atla [more]SLFK Yesterday
- In July 2017 the Air Transport Research Society ATRS awarded Atlanta Airport (among airports of its size) the 'Global Efficiency Excellence Award for the 14th year in a row! JD Power ranked ATL as number 8 in customer satisfaction; and late 2015, ATL became the first U.S. airport to earn the ISO 50001:2001accreditation on sustainability.
- ATL is the first U.S. airport to participate in the 'Smart Security' project - by which it will be able to obtain vital data and increase efficiency.
ATL Airport is a few miles south of the Atlanta's business district, accessible directly from Camp Creek Pkwy., and indirectly from I-285, exit 2; To get to the Domestic Terminal (on I-85/75 southbound through downtown Atlanta), use exit 242 ; to get to the International Terminal use and I-75, exit 239. ATL is also directly accessible via the MARTA's Red/Gold rail line.
Note that with the opening of intersection Riverdale Rd./ Airport Blvd., a new span of roadway now connects Terminal Pkwy to the southern end of Airport Blvd, with access point from Riverdale Rd at the existing signal-controlled intersection (the location of the monument sign). Drivers on Riverdale Rd. coming from I-85 will get plenty of notice before approaching Airport entrance.
Entrances to the Airport from I-85 south at Exit 72, I-85 north at Exit 71, Loop Rd and Camp Creek Pkwy will remain the same.
With five runways and 104.2 million passengers in 2016, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport is primary hub for Delta Air Lines, and is served by countless U.S. & foreign airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
IMPORTANT NOTICES: As security checkpoint lines at times are very long, it is recommended that on busy days (morning hours & holidays) passengers arrive at the airport more than two hours (and at peak travel times 2.5 hrs) ahead of international flight departure, and 90 minutes before domestic departures.
- TSA & American Airlines together implemented a new screening technology with automated security screening lanes (ASCL) & CT scanners - reducing security screening time by nearly 30 percent. While ASCLs will be installed at American Airline hubs of ORD, DFW, LAX & MIA - Phoenix AP will start its pilot program late 2016, and after successful completion the other four airports will have them installed.
- Clear now offers the latest biometric screening service.
- Eligible passengers may use the MPC (Mobile Passport Control) app, which can be downloaded free from Apple APP or Google Play Stores, or over the Airport's free WiFi system.
- The Customer Service can be reached at: 1-800-897-1910 / fax 1-404-530-7384.
- Prior to leaving your house to catch your flight- take the following steps:
- Contact your airline 72 hours prior to scheduled departure to confirm your flight, as non-confirmation empowers your airline to cancel your reservation.
- Make sure that your name on the passport matches the name on the ticket.
- Five steps from check-in to boarding using technology:
- If taveling with handbag only: check in at home online with your airline; on Arrival at the Airport proceed directly to security control;
- Attach baggage tag to your checked bag, then proceed to baggage drop machine (look at screens for location) using the scanner to scan your bags.
- At E-Gates past security control - scan your boarding pass and proceed to security control.
- Passengers heading to a non-Schengen destination or foreign airports, use the Passport scanner: put passport into the scanner and stand on marked spot for camera view. Remove first glasses, hat, while photo is taken.
- At the boarding gate use the e-boarding kiosk: place boarding pass onto scanner, then proceed to board your plane.
- To prevent the spread of the Zika virus, the Department of Public Health (DPH) requested ATL's concessionaires to stock up on EPA-registered insect repellent
- While Southwest ticket counters are in Terminal North (part of the Domestic Terminal), it operates out of Concourse C.
- The 'Spirit of Atlanta' Video screen will/has been replaced by passenger information, while its mural will display digitally on video screen.
- A new 4-star Hotel & Conference Center with 440 rooms will be built ('steps from the Domestic Terminal ') - part of a mixed-use development project which is to include a conference center & 50,000 sq.feet of office space.
- The new Renaissance Hotel (a Marriott subsidary) with 204 rooms opened May 2017 - connected to the main terminal by SkyTrain service - includes 4 meeting rooms, a ball room, expansive outdoor spaces, fitness center, and the Hickory & Hazel Southern Table & Bar retaurant.
Atlanta International Airport has two Main Terminals: Domestic Terminal (TD) and Maynard Jackson International Terminal (airlines refer to it as TI or IT). For terminal details open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the detailed text; for Parking facilities and fees open 'Parking Map'; for Transportation open 'Transport'/ 'Buses, Trains'.
Current and future Airport developments:
- Domestic Terminal renovation project involves its atrium - to be transformed into a 'park-like setting'. A canopy will be added to cover the curbside area during construction. Gate areas on the Concourses will be upgraded - including adding charging outlets at seats. A switchback queuing expansion should end long lines at checkpoint security. Completion is aimed for year-end 2017.
- Work started in June 2016 on Atlanta Airport's new $6B, 20-year capital improvement program which is to include: terminal upgrades (2016-2018), passenger transit facilities (2016-2027), Concourse T expansion (2016-2021), new Concourse G (by 2023), Concourse D extension (2019-2025), as well as a sixth runway, cargo structure, and a 4-star 400-room hotel with a travel plaza; and a cargo building.
- The first projects were completed by August 2016, and include modernizing the West Crossover, the escalator corridor connecting the Plane Train with the baggage claim areas.
- Construction on the new canopies started Oct. 2016 - the first round of which will result in the closure of two outer lanes in front of the North Terminal. Also, the lower roadway bus lane and the sidewalk at the lower roadway are partially closed, and by Oct. 30 the exterior lane at the South Terminal and one lane at the lower level will be closed. This will lead to installation of canopies, to span both North & South terminals and connect both parking decks - is to be completed late 2018, when the long & wide canopies provide a dramatic entrance to the Domestic Terminal, while protecting passengers from the elements.
- An onsite 'Green Acres Energy Park is to repurpose/ reprocess /recycle up to 90 percent of the Airport's solid waste.
- A 22-passenger electric shuttle bus is to operate continuously 14 hours/day - rechargeable by means of a conductive charging station.