ATL AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
ATL Delays: 15 mins or less.
Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport Overview
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport ATL, which serves the U.S. State of Georgia, is the world's largest & busiest airport, is a major transfer point for flights to/from smaller US cities, and is an international gateway to/from the United States. It is equipped to handle triple simultaneous landings, offering over 200 nonstop destinations, a third of which are international ones.
Hartsfield-Jackson Airport was presented by Air Transport Research Society with the 2012 Global & North American Airport Efficiency Excellence Award. Also, Business travelers selected the Airport as 'Best Domestic Airport'. The annual Travel Trends Survey by Travel Leaders Group has quoted ATL as the 'best US airport for dining, amenities & business traveler services'.
The Airport is located 7 miles south of business district Atlanta, Georgia, in Fulton & Clayton Counties, U.S.A,, accessible directly from Camp Creek Pkwy., and indirectly by interstate highways I-285, exit 2; I-85/75 southbound through downtown Atlanta, exit 242 for Domestic Terminal, and I-75, exit 239 for International Terminal; I-20 east to I-285 S; I-20 west to I-85/75 S; I-85 north, exit 71 and by I-75 north, exit 238B. Also, MARTA's Red/Gold rail line leads directly into the Airport.
With five runways and estimated 95.8 million passengers in 2012, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport is primary hub for Delta Air Lines, and is served by countless U.S. & foreign airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
IMPORTANT NOTICES: 1. Work has started on the construction of eleven new lane miles, five new bridges and reconfiguration of some roadway segments, intersections & bridges - done in phases and to be completed within two years. Allow for extra time to get to the airport.
2. As security checkpoint lines at times are very long, it is recommended that on busy days passengers arrive at the airport more than two hours ahead of international flight departure.
3. While Southwest ticket counters are in Terminal North, it will operate out of Concourse C.
Atlanta International Airport's terminal complex consists of a Domestic Terminal with Concourses T, A, B, C & D and the new International Terminal (the 'Maynard Jackson International Terminal' (or TI, IT) with Concourses E & F. (For more information, please refer to 'Terminal Map' page.)
Parking options at Hartsfield-Jackson Airport: (For more information, please refer to 'Airport Parking' page).
The new Consolidated Rental Car Center is accessible via the continuously running ATL SkyTrain (a 5-minute trip); the train also connects you with the Georgia International Convention Center.
To get from Atlanta Hartsfield to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or limo, a shared ride, a train or a bus:
1. A shared-ride shuttle (available during flight hours, providing services to hotels, convention centers, businesses and residences). You can choose between local and regional shuttles--Local Shared-Ride shuttles run approximately 15 minutes apart, while Regional Shared-Ride shuttles depart every 30 minutes to an hour.
2. MARTA's Train's Gold & Red Lines, start at Atlanta Airport; both connect to the green & blue lines at Five Points. The Gold Line ends at Doraville station on I-85; the Red line ends at North Spring and GA-400 road.
3. For door-to-door service to Amtrak located at Peachtree N.W., in Atlanta (Amtrak tel. 800-872-7245) call either 404-942-3440 or 3441.
4. Greyhound Flightlink (888-287-6359) is located in Terminal North, lower level (from baggage claim area use the escalator down).
Future Airport Developments: 1. Expansion of Concourse D's Centerpoint (enhance access to the Plane Train & Transportation Mall, add restaurant & retail options) is scheduled for completion 2014.
2. A new South Terminal is to open some time in 2015.
6000 N Terminal Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30320
- Website for Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta: http://www.atlanta-airport.com
- Email Address: http://www.atlanta-airport.com/Airport/ATL/contact_information.aspx
- Phone: (404) 530-6600
- View Terminal Map
Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Services
Terminal Maps and Services
- ATL Baggage Carts / Skycap
- ATL Baggage Claim
- ATL Banking / ATM Services
- ATL Business Services
- ATL Currency Exchange
- ATL Emergency / Medical Services
- ATL Guest Services
- ATL Internet Access
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport Update History
- Updated ATL Airlines Served page - May 2, 2013
- Updated ATL Airports page - May 2, 2013
- Updated ATL Food & Stores page - May 2, 2013
- Updated ATL Airport Intro page - Apr 8, 2013
- Updated ATL Main Terminals page - Apr 8, 2013
- Updated ATL Terminal Map page - Mar 14, 2013
- Updated ATL Direct Flights page - Mar 6, 2013
- Updated ATL Gate Offset page - Feb 22, 2013
- Updated ATL Official Website Links page - Feb 18, 2013
- Updated ATL Parking On site page - Jan 28, 2013