Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta (ATL) Airport
Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport Overview
ATL Airport is a few miles south of the Atlanta's business district, accessible directly from Camp Creek Pkwy., and indirectly from interstate highway 285, exit 2; To get to the Domestic Terminal (on I-85/75 southbound through downtown Atlanta), use exit 242 ; to get to the International Terminal use and I-75, exit 239.
ATL is also directly accessible via the MARTA's Red/Gold rail line.
NOTE: As of April 2015: The major roadway improvement project has now been completed with the opening of intersection Riverdale Rd./ Airport Blvd. - resulting in greater safety & reducing traffic congestion. The south end of Terminal Pkwy has now been permanently closed, while a new span of roadway now connects Terminal Pkwy to the southern end of Airport Blvd, with a new permanent access point from Riverdale Rd at the existing signal-controlled intersection (the location of the monument sign). Drivers on Riverdale Rd. coming from I-85 will get plenty of notice before approaching Airport entrance.
Entrances to the Airport from I-85 south at Exit 72, I-85 north at Exit 71, Loop Rd and Camp Creek Pkwy will remain the same.
With five runways and estimated 96 million passengers annually, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport is primary hub for Delta Air Lines, and is served by countless U.S. & foreign airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
The Customer Service can be reached at: 1-800-897-1910 / fax 1-404-530-7384.
1. As security checkpoint lines at times are very long, it is recommended that on busy days (morning hours & holidays) passengers arrive at the airport more than two hours ahead of international flight departure, and 90 minutes before domestic departures.
2. While Southwest ticket counters are in Terminal North (part of the Domestic Terminal), it operates out of Concourse C.
3. Atlanta Airiport is currently one of five U.S. Airports who undertake extra screening for Ebola for arriving passenger from Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone & from Lagos, Nigeria.
Atlanta International Airport has two Main Terminals: The Domestic Terminal (TD) and the International Maynard Jackson Terminal (TI or IT).
Present & Future Airport Developments: By Spring 2015, Concource C's 'Midpoint Expansion' adds 52,000 sq.feet, 2 escalators for Plane Train connection to the Concourse level, & 2 elevators.
6000 N Terminal Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30320
- Website for Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta: http://www.atlanta-airport.com
- Contact: http://www.atlanta-airport.com/contactus.aspx?to=cs
- Phone: (404) 530 7300 / fax 7374
ATL AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
ATL Delays: 15 mins or less.