Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta (ATL) Airport
Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport Overview
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport ATL, which serves the U.S. State of Georgia's Fulton & Clayton Counties and the City of Atlanta. Presently, it is the world's largest & busiest airport - a major transfer point for flights to/from smaller US cities, and an international gateway to/from the United States. ATL is equipped to handle triple simultaneous landings, offering over 200 nonstop destinations, a third of which are international ones.
ATL Airport is a few miles south of the Atlanta's business district, accessible directly from Camp Creek Pkwy., and indirectly from interstate highway 285, exit 2; To get to the Domestic Terminal (on I-85/75 southbound through downtown Atlanta), use exit 242 ; to get to the International Terminal use and I-75, exit 239. ATL is also directly accessible via the MARTA's Red/Gold rail line.
With five runways and estimated 96 million passengers annually, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport is primary hub for Delta Air Lines, and is served by countless U.S. & foreign airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
1. Work has started on the construction of eleven new lane miles, five new bridges and reconfiguration of some roadway segments, intersections & bridges - done in phases and to be completed within two years. Allow for extra time to get to the airport.
2. As security checkpoint lines at times are very long, it is recommended that on busy days passengers arrive at the airport more than two hours ahead of international flight departure, and 90 minutes before domestic departures.
3. While Southwest ticket counters are in Terminal North, it operated out of Concourse C.
Atlanta International Airport has two terminals: Domestic Terminal with Concourses T & A - D, and International Maynard Jackson Terminal (referred to by Airlines as either TI or IT) with Concourses E & F.
Present & Future Airport Developments:
1. Expansion of Concourse D's Centerpoint (enhancing access to the Plane Train & Transportation Mall, adding restaurant & retail options) is scheduled for completion 2014.
2. 'Sleep & Spa accommodations' are to be added in 2014.
3. A new South Terminal is to open some time in 2015.
6000 N Terminal Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30320
- Website for Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta: http://www.atlanta-airport.com
- Contact: http://www.atlanta-airport.com/Airport/ATL/contact_information.aspx
- Phone: (404) 530-6600
- View Terminal Map
Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport Update History
- ATL Airports - Oct 9, 2013
- ATL Airport Intro - Oct 8, 2013
- ATL Buses & Trains - Oct 8, 2013
- ATL Main Terminals - Oct 8, 2013
- ATL Rental Cars - Sep 25, 2013
- ATL Guest Services - Sep 23, 2013
- ATL Food & Stores - Sep 16, 2013
- ATL Smoking - Sep 3, 2013
- ATL Official Website Links - Aug 19, 2013
- ATL Persons With Disabilities - Aug 19, 2013
- ATL Pets - Aug 19, 2013
- ATL Lost Found - Aug 19, 2013
- ATL Internet - Aug 19, 2013
- ATL Int Arrivals - Aug 19, 2013
- ATL Emergency - Aug 19, 2013
- ATL Business Services - Aug 19, 2013
- ATL Banking ATM - Aug 18, 2013
- ATL Carts Skycap - Aug 18, 2013
- ATL Chapel - Aug 18, 2013
- ATL Currency Exchange - Aug 18, 2013
- ATL Travelers Assistance - Aug 18, 2013
- ATL Parking On site - Jul 22, 2013
- ATL Taxis & Limos - Jul 19, 2013
ATL AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
ATL Delays: 15 mins or less.