Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta (ATL) Airport
Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport Overview
ATL Airport is a few miles south of the Atlanta's business district, accessible directly from Camp Creek Pkwy., and indirectly from interstate highway 285, exit 2; To get to the Domestic Terminal (on I-85/75 southbound through downtown Atlanta), use exit 242 ; to get to the International Terminal use and I-75, exit 239. ATL is also directly accessible via the MARTA's Red/Gold rail line.
With five runways and estimated 96 million passengers annually, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport is primary hub for Delta Air Lines, and is served by countless U.S. & foreign airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
The Customer Service can be reached at: 1-800-897-1910 / fax 1-404-530-7384.
1.The Inbound Roadway Improvement Project for I-85 & Camp Creek Pkwy at north & Riverdale Rd. at south: Already, a 3-lane roadway stretch to Domestic Terminal opened in May 2014 - & the remaining work is to be completed by year-end 2014.
2. As security checkpoint lines at times are very long, it is recommended that on busy days (morning hours & holidays) passengers arrive at the airport more than two hours ahead of international flight departure, and 90 minutes before domestic departures.
3. While Southwest ticket counters are in Terminal North (part of the Domestic Terminal), it operates out of Concourse C.
Atlanta International Airport has two terminals: The Domestic Terminal with Concourses T & A - D, and the nternational Maynard Jackson Terminal (referred to by Airlines as either TI or IT) with Concourses E & F.
Present & Future Airport Developments:
1. Expansion of Domestic Terminal - Concourse D's Centerpoint (enhancing access to the Plane Train & Transportation Mall, adding restaurant & retail options) is scheduled for completion 2014.
2. 'Sleep & Spa accommodations' are to be added in 2014.
3. Concource C 'Midpoint Expansion' involves expansion work by 52,000 sq.feet, add concessions, 2 escalators for Plane Train connection to the Concourse level, & 2 elevators - completion Spring 2015.
4. A new South Terminal is to open some time in 2015.
6000 N Terminal Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30320
- Website for Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta: http://www.atlanta-airport.com
- Contact: http://www.atlanta-airport.com/contactus.aspx?to=cs
- Phone: (404) 530 7300