Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta (ATL) Airport
Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport Overview
In July 2015 the Air Transport Research Society ATRS awarded Atlanta Airport (among airports of its size) the 'Global Efficiency Excellence Award for the 12th year in a row! JD Power ranked ATL as number 8 in customer satisfaction; and late 2015, ATL became the first U.S. airport to earn the ISO 50001:2001accreditation on sustainability..
ATL Airport is a few miles south of the Atlanta's business district, accessible directly from Camp Creek Pkwy., and indirectly from I-285, exit 2; To get to the Domestic Terminal (on I-85/75 southbound through downtown Atlanta), use exit 242 ; to get to the International Terminal use and I-75, exit 239.
ATL is also directly accessible via the MARTA's Red/Gold rail line.
NOTE: With the opening of intersection Riverdale Rd./ Airport Blvd., a new span of roadway now connects Terminal Pkwy to the southern end of Airport Blvd, with access point from Riverdale Rd at the existing signal-controlled intersection (the location of the monument sign). Drivers on Riverdale Rd. coming from I-85 will get plenty of notice before approaching Airport entrance.
Entrances to the Airport from I-85 south at Exit 72, I-85 north at Exit 71, Loop Rd and Camp Creek Pkwy will remain the same.
With five runways and estimated 96 million passengers annually*, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport is primary hub for Delta Air Lines, and is served by countless U.S. & foreign airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. *By year-end2015 - the passenger count reached 101.5M!
The Customer Service can be reached at: 1-800-897-1910 / fax 1-404-530-7384.
- As security checkpoint lines at times are very long*, it is recommended that on busy days (morning hours & holidays) passengers arrive at the airport more than two hours ahead of international flight departure, and 90 minutes before domestic departures. Since October 2015, airline & airport employees also security check.
*TSA is understaffed, causing lengthy checkpoint backups. Consequently in Feb. 2016, Airport management threatened TSA to privatize checkpoint staff if TSA had not added additional staff within 60 days.
- Eligible passengers may download the MPC (Mobile Passport Control) app, which can be downloaded free from Apple APP or Google Play Stores, or over the Airport's free WiFi system.
- While Southwest ticket counters are in Terminal North (part of the Domestic Terminal), it operates out of Concourse C.
- Atlanta Airport is currently one of five U.S. Airports who undertake extra screening for Ebola for arriving passenger from affected areas.
Atlanta International Airport has two Main Terminals: The Domestic Terminal (TD) and the International Maynard Jackson Terminal (TI or IT).
Current and future Airport developments:
- Domestic Terminal's renovation project - currently in the contractor bidding stage - involves its atrium - to be transformed into a 'park-like setting'. A canopy will be added to cover the curbside area during construction. Gate areas on the Concourses will be upgraded - including adding charging outlets at seats. A switchback queuing expansion should end long lines at checkpoint security. Completion is aimed for year-end 2017.
- Atlanta Airport Airport's new $6B, 20-year capital improvement program, provides for $1B to be spent during 2017. The program is to include terminal upgrades (2016-2018), passenger transit facilities (2016-2027), Concourse T expansion (2016-2021), new Concourse G (by 2023), Concourse D extension (2019-2025), as well as a sixth runway, cargo structure, and a 4-star 400-room hotel with a travel plaza; and a cargo building.
6000 N Terminal Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30320
- Website for Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta: http://www.atlanta-airport.com
- Contact: http://www.atlanta-airport.com/contactus.aspx?to=cs
- Phone: (404) 530 7300 / fax 7374
ATL AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
ATL Delays: 15 mins or less.