Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
The passenger terminal complex at IIndira Gandhi International Airport consists of two main passenger terminals - T1 & T3 - Domestic Terminal 1 (presently two buildings - Arrivals T1C & Departures T1D - both within walking distance) and new integrated Terminal 3 with an Arrivals and a Departure Level for both Domestic & International operations. Both T1D & T3 are connected by underground tunnel.
The separate Hajj terminal is only in operation from October through December.)
Customer Care can be reached by calling +91 124 337 6000 - or 4797300.
Security, off-airport check-in, passport /immigration/ customs clearance /special immigration desks /waiting time:
1. CISF Security now allows passengers with a soft copy of the e-ticket.
2. Off-Airport Check-in: Metro stations of New Delhi, Shivaji & Dhaula Kuan offer check-in facilities, while New Delhi & Shivaji stations also offer baggage check-in facilities - presently for Air India only. Self-check-in kiosks are also available near the check-in counters of the terminals.
3. Passport /Immigration check applies to nationals & foreigners alike - both at arrival & depature. Overseas passengers need to complete an Arrival Card for immigration/customs clearance, and upon departure complete the Departure Card.
4. A large number of immigration desks at T3 are marked for the following categories of passengers with: Indian & Foreign passports; traveling Business or First Class; are of Indian origin or are an Indian citizen living overseas; are diplomats or Officials; or are members of SAARC nations.
5. New Customs Rules: International Arrivals now need to complete a new customs form with 19 questions (best to complete onboard their flight) - some of which pertain to gold - including on-person gold jewelry (a female passenger is allowed to wear no more than 35 grams of gold. Note: an appraisal counter will establish value of jewelry - and upon passenger's return to the Airport no taxes will be levied onthe same jewelry.
6. Waiting time: Most of T3's passengers will not wait more than 10 minutes at customs, immigration, or security check.
Transfers & Connections:
Transfer counters at T3 in the international transfer area enable international transfer passengers to complete all pre-boarding formalities prior to boarding their next plane.
Transfers between T1 & T3: Blue shuttle buses run every 20 mins outside of the Arrivals levels. The tunnel road also has a separate walkway..
Terminal 1 - presently the low-cost carrier terminal - with separate buildings T1C for Arrivals & T1D for Departures - is served by Go Air, Indigo & Spicejet airlines. T1C & T1D are within walking distance (or use free golf cart service), while T1D connect by underground tunnel to T3.
Arrivals Terminal T1C offers food & drink and retail concessions in- & outside the terminal, airline & tourist counters, currency exchange and ATM machines.
Departures Terminal T1D offers an information counter, four check-in stations; security checkpoints, food & drink and retail concessions, smoking room, child care & children play area, bank, ATM machines, currency exchange, internet zone and laptop station, and access to the pier and its departure gates. T1D also has a 6D Cinema theater..
Terminal 3 - an integrated terminal - opened 2010. The 1.2 km long, 9-level T3, is able to handle up to 34M passegers a year, has 2 piers (concourses) & 79 airbridges, and earned a LEED NC Gold rating. It serves both domestic & international flights. Aside from international Airlines - Air India, Indian Airlines, Jet Airways, Jet Lite, Jet Connect & Kingfisher airlines also use T3. Both ground level (Arrivals) & level 1 (Departures) are divided into international & domestic areas. T3 includes an in-line baggage handling system capable of processing 12,800 bags an hour, six check-in islands with 168 check-in counters, 95 immigration counters, 14 baggage reclaim belts, a 6.7 million sq.foot apron area, 96 walkways, 20,000 square meters of retail space, and a 100-room transit hotel.
T3 Arrivals on ground level has a large main hall ( divided into domestic & international arrivals, each with baggage claim area, information desk, and all necessary services. Domestic Arrivals is accessed from the Domestic arrivals pier, while international arrivals is accessed from the international pier. FastTrack pick-up is available at Arrivals Lane 1 - tel. 8800493889.
The Metro stations at T3 connects to the City on a 22.7-km-long Delhi - Airport Express Link, presently running every 20 mins, 5am-11pm, connects with Central New Delhi railway station.
T3 Departures on level 1 has a large main hall - the center of which can be accessed between doors 4 & 5 (with check-in counters G-H in the center, J-K, L-M & N-P to the right, and E-F, C-D & A-B counters to the left). It offers foreign exchange & various other services, and leads after check-in to separate domestic security check (at left) and to International Security & Immigration (at right), with separate access to either of domestic or international departures waiting areas leading to their individual pier with departure gates:
The Domestic departure concourse/ pier: Section C houses gates 27-36; Section D houses gates 37-41 and 42-62.
The International departure concourse/ pier: Section houses gates 1-3 & 4-14; Section B houses gates 15-26. 'Sams Snooze cabins' are opposite boarding gate 17 (see 'Rest, Sleep' below).
Note: Waiting time at customs, immigration or security check is now takes only 10 minutes, except in special cases. While 12 new self-check-in kiosks were recently added, and 4 more X-ray machines in the Domestic Terminal - security screening capacity will increase by a third.
T3 Levels 2 through 5: Level 2 houses lounges* & the food court; Levels 3 & 4 house more lounges, and level 5 houses the Transit Hotel (divided into International & Domestic wings (for more details , visit the introductory page).
Amenities & Services at T3: Aside from a large selection of food & drink, as well as retail concessions**, T3 offers banking, , business and VIP facilities, Wi-Fi acccess, duty-free outlets, left luggage, lost & found, information counters, airline lounges, and more. For customer care call 4797300. Adventurous passengers may take a test flight inside a Boeing 737-800 aircraft flight simulator 'Cockpit' - available at T3's duty-free area.
** It may be noted that duty-free & duty-paid retail outlets are continuously being added, including worldwide luxury brands.
T3 has its own 7-level parking garage and is linked to the 8-lane National Highway 8 & the Delhi Mass Rapid Transit System (with a high-speed rail service to the City).
* Lounges at T3:
- The Maharaja Lounge is an exclusive lounge for passengers of Business-Class - located a $3 in bot domestic & Internantinal departures.
- 'Always' is a full-service enterprice located at T3's domestic and international arrivals - offering kerb to apron / apron to kerm seamless trasnfers.
- The ITC Green Lounge is at T3 at International Departures, after security check;
- Plaza Premium Lounges are available at T2's Arrivals, and at T3's domestic & international arrivals. They offer shower rooms, napping rooms, spa treament areas, busines center, & wine/dine areas.
- The AMEX Platinum Lounge at T3's Domestic Departure, post-scurity near food court);
- The SilverKris Lounge by Singapore Airlines is at T3.
Rest, Sleep or Freshen up:
The full-service 'Eaton Smart Transit Hotel' is at T3 level 5, post-security (tel. 011 - 45252000 or contact email@example.com); or
Snooze cabin /box' with either single or double occupancy at hourly charge - operated by 'Sams Snooze at my Space' are at boarding gate 17, international departures pier (aside from a bed there is a working table, Wi-Fi access, plug-ins, charging sockets, etc. For more information call +91 8800230013 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Shower & Massage lounge is at T3's Domestic Arrivals level (after baggage reclaim).