Kelowna (YLW) Airport
Kelowna YLW Airport Overview
Kelowna International Airport YLW - one of the top-ten airports in Canada, serves the Kelowna and Okanagan area of British Columbia.
The Airport is located 11.5 km northeast of Kelowna, accessible by Highway 97. It is situated along the shores of beautiful Okanagan Lake, and mid-way between Penticton to the south and Vernon to the north, and only 77 miles from the US Border.
With one runway and an estimated 1.44 million passengers in 2012, a number of commercial and charter airlines serve Kelowna International with daily and seasonal services, offering direct and connecting flights to all parts of the globe. United Airlines now offers several flights a week to Los Angles LAX.
The recently expanded passenger terminal houses a glass rotunda with a fountain and the 'Escape from Stella Polaris' glass sculpture. The terminal is open 24/7.
Amenities and services inside the terminal: The mezzanine level has an oberservation area and the Departure lounge offers a business center with internet access.
A meeting room is in the concourse equipped with TV & VCR, overhead projector and available catering.
Credit card phones with plug-in internet access for laptops are in the departure lounge.
A Text Telephone/Teletype center has interactive keyboard providing access to worldwide telephones.
Red-blazered Airport Ambassadors are at hand to assist you.
Other services and amenities in the passenger terminal include food & drink establishments, souvenir and local product shops, a duty-free shop, newsstands.
To pick up a passenger at the airport arrange to have your passenger call you when ready for pickup. Park in the short-term lot, turn off your engine and wait until you get your call for pickup at the terminal's curb.
Other parking Options at Kelowna International include 2,600 parking stalls for short- and long-term parking, as well as valet parking.
1. There are now 29 curbside meter parking stalls.
2. Short- and Long-term parking is located in secure and well-lit parking lots within walking distance of the passenger terminal and with special disabled parking stalls. Parking for the first 15 mins in both lots are free.
Payment Options: For short-term parking cash & cedit cards are accepted at the ticket booth; the Express lane takes credit cards only. For long-term parking cash & credit cards are accepted at the Pay-on-Foot machine in the passenger shelter, south of the terminal.
To get from Kelowna Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus:
1. Airport Shuttle Bus services are outside of the south terminal building entrance near pre-board screening; follow signs; contact the companies diretly for schedules, bookings an group rate: Falcon Bus charter 250-448-9062, Kelowna Airport Shuttle, 1-888-434-8687 or 250-765-0182, Vernon Airporter / Premier Pacific Coach Lines 1-866-542-7575 or 250-524-7574; Coast Capri Hotel 250-860-6060
2. The regional Transit bus stop is on Airport Way, near the rental car lot, by the railway tracks. Hwy 97 has bus stops near the junction of Airport Way and the highway. Route 23 is the Lake Country Loop; Route 90 is from Vernon. For more information and schedule visit the homepage of Kelowna Regional Transit.
Kelowna YLW Airport Update History
- YLW Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- YLW Food & Stores - Oct 17, 2013
- YLW Airport Intro - Jun 17, 2013
- YLW Airlines Served - Jun 13, 2013
- YLW Official Website Links - Jun 13, 2013