Palermo Borsellino (PMO) Airport
Palermo Borsellino PMO Airport Overview
Palermo Borsellino International Airport PMO ('Aeroporto di Palermo 'Falcone e Borsellino') is Sicily's primary, and one of Italy's busiest airports. The Airport is operated by GESAP (tol-free 800-541880).
The Airport is located in Punta Raisi, 35 km west of Palermo, the capital city of the Mediterranean island of Sicily, Italy. If you drive to the airport and you come from from Palermo, take the A29 Hwy towards Trapani; if you come from Trapani, take A29 towards Palermo; in both instances take the exit marked as 'Puntaraisi - Aeroporto Falcone e Borsellino'.
With two runways and an estimated 4.6 million passengers in 2012, Palermo International is served by a host of domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to destinations around the world. At present, the Airport is served by Alitalia, Blue Express and Air One.
Palermo International Airport has one passenger terminal. The terminal is directly connected at its basement level to Sicily's railway system. (For more information, please refer to 'Terminal Map' page.) For customer service call +39 091 7020718.
Parking options at Palermo International: Long- and short-term parking is available with a total of 1,310 parking spaces, over 550 space of which are covered, and all are within walking distance of the passenger terminal and connected by covered walkways. Valet parking is also availabe. Parking fee payment can made at the manned cashier or at automatic paystations. A free shuttle bus makes its round to parking and other Airport facilities. For more information go to the help desk in the car valet area, or call +39 091 7020200.
To get from Palermo International to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, a train or a bus:
1. The Trinacria Express train (visit trenitalia.it or call center 892-021 or ticket office 199 166 177 - or +39 091 7044007) connects the Airport terminal directly with Palermo's main train station. Tickets are available at ticket desks, self-service machines & travel agencies.
2. A bus departing every half hour (via Prestia e Commande - tel. +39 091 5480457) serves Palermo's Central Station via the port, and makes several other stops along the way.
3. Buses to other destinations: (a) to Trapani via Segesta - tel. 091 6167919; (b) to Sciacca / Ribera via Gallo - tel. 091 6171141; to Gallo - tel. 091 6171141; and to (d) to Agrigento /Porto Empedocle via Sal - tel. 0922 401360.
Palermo Borsellino PMO Airport Update History
- PMO Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- PMO Airlines Served - Jun 23, 2013