SAV AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
SAV Delays: 15 mins or less.
Savannah Hilton Head SAV Airport Overview
Savannah Hilton Head International Airport SAV serves both the greater Savannah area in south-east Georgia’s Colonial Coast and the Low Country, and famous Hilton Head Island. As the regional names imply, the area’s historic charm is as plentiful as the Spanish moss draping over the limbs of its trees. In fact, Savannah boasts the largest urban historic district in the nation.
The Airport is located approximately 20 minutes from Savannah’s historic district and 45 mins/40 miles from Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, and can easily be reached via I-95 (Exit 104 to Airways Avenue) or I-16 East (Exit 157 to I-95 N).
With two runways, and an estimated 1.6 million passengers in 2012, Savannah Hilton International Airport is currently served by six major airlines which primarily operate regional jets, offering nonstop flights to major US cities, with connections around the world. Delta Connection offers multiple daily flights to Atlanta and some daily flights to New York LAG and Detroit Metropolitan.
Savannah Hilton Head Airport's passenger terminal has two levels:
Level 1 of the Terminal has a baggage claim area and, rental car desks, and transportation information, baggage service for Delta & US Airways, and Southern Hospitality baggage delivery service; an ATM, a 'Pay as you Go' parking fee automat; outside of the terminal are the Low Country/Greyline and City Bus stops.
Level 2 of the Terminal has airline ticket counters,an ATM, & USO Reception Center; and leads to the the Savannah Square offering some fast-food fare. In the center thereof is access to security checkpoint and first gate area with gates 1-10 (also with some concessions), leading to the Hilton Head Isle, which houses the Passport Club and some Concourse concessions, and thereafter to remaining gates 11-15.
If you need to pick up an arriving passenger at Savannah Hilton Head Airport, use the free Cell Phone Lot on Agget Drive--stay with your vehicle until your party has collected luggage and calls you to be picked up at the curb.
Other parking options at SAV Airport: Valet pickup & dropoff is on either side of the terminal; Hourly and Long-term parking is available at the four-level parking garage across from the terminal; Economy parking is at the two-level deck and surface lot behind the garage; Oversized parking is adjacent thereto. All parking facilities can be reached via inbound Airways Avenue.
For more parking information call 912-964-0514.
Rental car counters at SAV Airport for major rental car agencies are on the lower level of the passenger terminal and rental car lots at both sides of the terminal.
To get from Savannah Hilton Head Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi/limo, a door-to-door shuttle or a bus:
1. Yellow Cab has a handicap accessible taxi available (Tel 912-236-1133--request cab 14).
2. the K-Shuttle serves resots of Hilton Head Island (877-243-2050).
3. CAT buses (912-233-5767) make daily runs to/from Savannah areas, while CAT Telerie system is serving door-to-door to disabled persons.
3. Public buses of Castal Regional Coaches of Georgia serve rural areas (1-866-543-6744) with booking 24 hrs prior to pickup.
Savannah Hilton Head SAV Services
Terminal Maps and Services
- SAV Baggage Carts / Skycap
- SAV Baggage Claim
- SAV Banking / ATM Services
- SAV Business Services
- SAV Guest Services
- SAV Internet Access
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Savannah Hilton Head SAV Airport Update History
- Updated SAV Airports page - May 7, 2013
- Updated SAV Food & Stores page - May 7, 2013
- Updated SAV Airport Intro page - Mar 31, 2013
- Updated SAV Direct Flights page - Feb 21, 2013