Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport is a commercial and military-use airport in Savannah, Georgia, United States. It was previously known as Savannah International Airport, Travis Field and Chatham Field. The airport is owned and operated by the Savannah Airport Commission.
SAV has two runways and covers an area of 3,650 acres (1,477 ha). Savannah Airport is 8 miles (13 km) northwest of the Savannah Historic District.
Airport Stats & Facts
- For 2011-2015, SAV was included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems which categorized it as a primary commercial service airport.
- In 2016, Conde Nast's Readers' Choice awarded it the 'Top 10 Airport in the Country' title.
- In 2019, the airport served 3 million plus passengers, a new record, and a 7.9% increase over 2018.
Airport Traveling Tips
- To make the journey hassle-free, passengers are recommended to arrive at least 2 hours before their scheduled flight departure to account for TSA security wait times and any possible delays.
- For any kind of queries or information after arriving at SAV, passengers can go to the Visitor Information Center, which is conveniently located in baggage claim on Level 1 of the terminal.
- Before visiting the airport, please have a look at the SAV Airport Map.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- For dropping-off passengers, SAV offers several parking options, including valet parking service with drop off on the upper level.
- The passengers can also be dropped-off outside the terminal from where their flight is scheduled.
- For picking up passengers, visitors can use the Free cell phone waiting lot, a space for guests to wait for arriving passengers. Drivers must remain with their vehicles. No unattended parking allowed.
- For arriving flights: At arrivals, you can find updated information about the status of the flight, arrival time, terminal and gate number, aircraft type, etc.
- For departing flights: Departures offer you all the information regarding departure time, gate number, terminal information, etc.
- Book your flight now at SAV, and get the best deals.
Savannah Airport has a main terminal with two levels - first and second. In July, 2007, a terminal expansion project was completed, adding five departure gates (for a total of 15). For more information, and to see the terminal location, visit SAV terminal map.
Baggage claim, services such as ATM, visitor information, etc. are located at the first level of the terminal.
Ticket counters, restaurants, shopping places, etc. are located at the second level of terminal at Savannah Airport.
Savannah Airport serves various airlines including Allegiant Air, Delta Connection, JetBlue, United Express, plus many more. To view the complete list of airlines served at SAV Airport, check here.
At Savannah Airport, all parking spaces serve passengers on a first-come, first-serve basis. From valet parking to long-term/hourly to economy and more, there are various parking options available at SAV Airport. Have a look at the SAV Airport Parking Map.
Whether you’re looking for public transportation or want to rent a car, there are a lot of ground transportation options for visitors after arriving at Savannah Airport.
Dependable Taxi, Historic City Cab, Taxi World, and more, care some of the companies permitted to pick up passengers at the Savannah/Hilton Head Terminal. Taxis services are located on the lower level outside of baggage claim and are available on-demand for service to any destination.
Rental car companies are located in baggage claim of SAV Airport. All rental and return lots are covered and located adjacent to the main terminal building.
Buses & trains are a convenient and economical option for passengers to travel from Savannah Airport.
- CAT buses run to and from the airport on a daily basis, servicing many locations in the Savannah area.
- Coastal Regional Coaches is the regional rural public transit program that provides advance reservation transit service.
Amenities & Services
To have a good time at the airport, Savannah Airport provides plenty of amenities and services including:
- Store, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Restaurants, bars, and cafes.
- Shoeshine stations, and massage bars.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the airport.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
Address: 400 Airways Ave, Savannah, GA 31408, USA
Contact: [email protected]
Phone: (912) 964 0514
Savannah Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- On September 20, 1929, the first Savannah Municipal Airport was opened.
- In 1958, work began on a new airline terminal.
- In1960, a six-gate terminal was built, which was replaced in 1994.
- In 1983, the airport was renamed Savannah International Airport.
- In 1992, the airport had international service with nonstop flights to destinations in the Caribbean and Mexico.
- In 1994, a new $21-million terminal building was built on the northwest corner of the airport.
- In 2003, the airport’s name was changed to Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport.
- In 2007, October, a $35-million parking garage was completed.