Shanghai Pudong (PVG) Airport
Shanghai Pudong PVG Airport Overview
PVG Airport is located in the eastern corner of Pudong New Disrict (within Shanghai city limits) and is 30 km from the city center of Shanghai, southern China. Pudong Airport occupies 40 square km, adjacent to the coast line of the East China Sea. Yingbin Road which runs through the Airport, and Fareast Road located at the Airport's west side, together link to Shanghai's outer & inner roads.
The outer ring road connects Pudong Airport to Hong Qiao Airport (a 1-hour drive), while the inner ring road leads to the People's Square at Shanghai City Center. The Shanghai Maglev High-Speed Train takes passengers from the passenger terminals to downtown Pudong in a mere 7.5 minutes.
With four long runways and an estimated 45M passengers annually, Shanghai Pudong Airport is the main hub for China Eastern and Shanghai airlines, and a major international hub for Air China. The Airport is served by a host of domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
As of June 2015, Hainan Airlines offer both Boston & Seattle flights.
As of July , 2015, Delta offers daily nonstops flights from Los Angeles LAX to Pudong Airport on their 291-seat Boeing aircraft with 37 flat-bed seats in Business Elite & 37 seats in Economy Comfort.
1. Ramada Pudong Airport Shanghai Hotel (tel. 021 3849 4949), which offers various conference facilities;
2. Jinjiang Inn Pudong Airport Hotel (tel. 021 6835 3568), which offers business facilities and meeting rooms.; and
3. The Transit Hotel - available at an hourly basis - is located in the Domestic Arrivals Hall of T2 (for reservation call 021-68346480 for domestic service or 021-68346490 for international service).
Shanghai Pudong Airport has two passenger terminals - T1 and T2.
NOTE: While China has granted a 72-hour 'visa-free transit' for nationals of over 50 countries, including the U.S., it is strongly suggested to read the details outlined at 'Airways News' of March 18, 2015, see: http://airwaysnews.com/blog/2015/03/18/how-chinas-50-country-12-city-visa-free-transit-works/
Future Airport Developments: 1. A fifth runway - 3,400-meter long -is currently under construction.
2. Work started on a huge satellite concourse S1 with 105 gates, scheduled to open in 2018.
3. After completion of the first two phases, Phase 3 begins November 2015 - part of the $3.24B Airport Expansion Project. Phase 3 will be broken down into three parts - the first of which includes 'tarmacking' of T1/T2 linking taxiway, 16 overnight aircraft stands, 10 taxiway bridges & a satellite hall with 61 parking spaces close to gates. The second & third part involves the terminal area with a 522,000 sq.meter satellite hall, a 12,900 sq.meter terminal complex (including overnight accommodations), 2 underground tunnels, baggage system, metro system, and other related improvements. Tentative completion is 2019, when Pudong Airport should reach a 60M passenger capacity.
18 Xinjinqiao Road
Shanghai, Pudong District, 201206
- Website for Shanghai Pudong: http://en.shairport.com/pudongair.html
- Phone: +86 (21)68347575 - or - 96990