Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
Shanghai Pudong Airport ( PVG ) Terminal Map # Fast food, restaurants, stores, cafes, bars
Shanghai Pudong Airport's terminal complex has two passenger terminals - T1 & T2 - connected via shuttle bus (a 5-minute ride). T1 & T2 face each other in an H shape - with their concourses and main terminals forming the vertical lines of the H (T1 at left, T2 at right), and their respective parking lots and Maglev railway station forming the horizontal line of the H. The shuttle bus between T1 & T2 runs in a continuous circle.
- To choose the right terminal, look for the airline code on your flight ticket - if your ticket has an Airline Code not listed as follows in Terminal 1, it will be departing from Terminal 2: Terminal 1 airlines: China Eastern MU (code), China United KN, Royal Brunei BI, Delta Airlines DL, Korean A E, Jin Air LJ, Qantas Airways QF and Srilankan Airlines UL.
- International Departures check in, go through Inspection & Qurantine, Customs, Immigration & Security before proceeding to the international concourse.
- Domestic departures check in, go through security check and proceed to the Domestic Concourse.
- Medical Emergencies: 3 clinics are available at (a) domestic arrivals, level 2, room A2-210 (tel. 021-68345328); (b) between gates 6 & 7 of domestic departures (tel. 021-68345376), and (c) at international arrivals, level 2, room C2-213.
- Tighter security checks at both entrances and exits have been instituted since August 2016.
Getting to, and connecting with, TerminalsT1 & T2.
- If you arrive by car and need to get to T2 - take the A20 Expressway, the A1 (Yinbin Dadao) & thereafter the Shanghai North-South Elevated Freeway.
- Shuttle buses run between the two terminals every 10 mins, taking 5 minutes (located at T1 - Exit 1 of the domestic, & Exit 8 of the international departure level; and in T2 - Exit 23 of the international and Exit 27 of the domestic departure level).
- T2 & T1 can be accessed from the Maglev train station, located in between the separate parking lots for both terminals. The Maglev train from Longyang Rd. Metro station runs every 1-20 mins.
- The Green Metro Line 2 runs every 9 minutes; however at Guanglan Road stop you need to transfer from an 8-car to a 4-car train to the Airport.
International Arrivals proceed to International Arrival Access, go through joint inspection (Inspection, Quarantine & Immigration), then go to baggage claim, pick up bags, go through Customs, and proceed to the Arrivals Hall.
International Departures check in, go through inspection (Customs, Immigration & Security) and on to their gate.
Transferring to another flight (transfer of non-Visa-Waiver country passengers within 24 hours must remaining in the secured area): After security inspection, airline staff will guide passengers to transfer flights via passage way. A 72-hr transit visa is now available to passengers of Visa-Waiver Countries, enabling them to exit the secured areas of the terminal, or visit the City without a Visa within that time frame.
- International to International transfers - go to one of the nine counters handling transfer services in the central part of the International Arrivals Concourse. After you receive your boarding pass, take the proper elevator up to the International China Inspection & Quarantine (CIQ) Area & then wait for your connecting flight (transfer time: at least 29 mins).
- International to Domestic transfers - after arrival & CIQ check, go to the transfer hall for check-in, then proceed to your departure concourse (transfer time at least 51 mins).
- Domestic to International Transfers - you arrive in the connecting concourse and pass through Domestic Departures, then proceed to the Transfer Hall, take the elevator or escalator to the International CIQ Area, and wait for your connecting flight (transfer time at least 49 mins).
Terminal 1 of Pudong Airport recently completed its expansion project. It is divided into international (left) and domestic areas (right). T1 has 204 check-in counters, 13 baggage carousels, 29 gates, 13 of which are double-decker gates. Terminal 1 has a new baggage handling system & transfer facility.
Information counters at T1: near departure gate 3 for domestic flights; near gate 11 for international flights, and near arrivals gate 7.
Level 1 is the Arrivals level with baggage claim divided into three parts:
- International arrivals pick up their bags, go through passport check, Customs;
- Macao & Taiwan arrivals pick up their bags, enter the Transfer hall and go through customs & pass passport check;
- Domestic arrivals pick up their bags, and proceed to arrivals hall.
- All Arrivals will enter the Arrivals Hall , which houses food & drink, currency exchange, baggage storage, information & tourist - and transport-related services and outside transportation.
& Domestic areas and the Domestic area.
Level 2 is the Departure level - with check-in counters A & B serving mainly domestic flights (counters 1 to 9 are for domestic first class /business class/ gold & silver cardholders), and check-in counters C, G, H & J handling regional flights. A Transit Hall in the center offers access to gate 16 at Concourse center, with international gates 16-29 at left, & domestic gates 15-1 at right. The Sakura Lounge is between gates 18 & 19.
Level 3 houses check-in counters A-M (with Customs between K & J) followed by Immigration & security checks. Level 3 also houses the concourse for International, Hong Kong, and Macao & Taiwan flights.
- The Skyteam Alliance plans to have its members share lounges in Terminal 1. A new China Eastern lounge, as well as the China Eastern Plaza Premium lounge have recently been completed. Delta Airlines (along with its codeshare partners China Eastern & Shanghai Airlines) offers access to China Eastern's new SkyTeam lounge, while Delta passengers will receive Elite benefits (priority check-in and boarding & preferred seating).
Terminal 2 of Pudong Airport with 3 levels is divided into international (left) and domestic (right ) areas. The Information counter for domestic flights is near gate 23; for international flights near gate 26, a counter serving both is at gate 25, and a counter near 2A serves at Arrivals, exit.
Level 1 is for departures and arrivals, making it easy for transfer passengers.
Level 2 houses Domestic & International Arrivals Halls, which include arrivals from Hong Kong, Macau & Taiwan. It also houses Arrivals gates 1-29.
Concourse D - between the two levels - is divided into gates D58-D60 (left), D71,73,75 (center), & D77-D90 (right). Three separate access points lead to gates 200 - 215.
The Transfer Level of T2 houses a 3-star hourly hotel (also available by reservation: tel. 021-68346480 for domestic / or 021-68346490 for international services.
NOTE: A 2000 sq.meter shopping area located in the north & south waiting areas, offers 27 shops with brand names.
- Both the Cathay Pacific Lounge and First Class No. 69 lounge are near Gate 69.
- The new pay-in lounge 'No.77 China Eastern Plaza Premium Lounge' is next to gate 77 and accommodates up to 500 passengers.
Services & amenities in both terminals: Food & drink and retail concessions are available in both terminals. Information counters are located between Gates 3 & 4 of Domestic Departures, and between Gates 11 & 12 of International Departures.
- at T1between gates 4 & 5 and 10 & 11at Departures Hall; and between Gates 6 & 7 at greeting area of Arrival Hall.
- at T2 near Islands A & M in Departure Hall; and near International exit in Arrival Hall.
Self-service baggage check-in:
- Domestic passengers print boarding passes & check-in their own bags.
- International passengers departing from Terminal 1 may complete their check-in process at automated check-in kiosks, enabling them to choose their seats, check-in bags, print boarding passes & baggage tags - and thereafter drop bags off at the self-check-in counter - getting a receipt for the checked bags.
- Other services include: Business Center, Lost /Found, baggage carts, express delivery, insurance, special aid, vending machines, power chargers, photo kiosks, post offices.
Important telephone numbers: For information call 96990 (all other numbers precede counry & city codes +86 (021)
Baggage Storage at T1: 68346324; at T2: 68340076
Business Center at T2 - 22381085
Lost & Found at T1 - 22344553; at T2 - 22381085
Police Center at T1 - 22344553; at T2 - 22381085
NOTE: Shuttle buses to the new Shanghai Disney resort are now available (the subway also stops there).