Estimated travel times: from New Haven 110 minutes, from New London 59, from Boston 71 & from Worcester 73 minutes.
PVD Airport is in the town of Warwick, and only a 10-minute drive from the capital city of Providence. Situated on Post Road, it is conveniently accessible via the Airport Connector Road leading to nearby Interstate Hwy I-95 (Exit 13).
The InterLink, an intermodal facility located in Warwick (with convenient parking garage) connects people with MBTA commuter rail, intercity bus, consolidated rental car facility and a 1,200 foot enclosed skywalk to the Airport.
With 3.6 million passengers in 2016, and two runways, Providence Green Airport is served by major airlines and several regional jet services and vacation charters, offering muliple destinations in the U.S. with connections around the globe, as well as seasonal service to the Bahamas. During the summer season, Cape Air offers frequent flights to/from Martha's Vineyard / Nantucket.
Current airlines serving Providence Green Airport, their telephone numbers and curent destinations:
- Allegiant, tel. 702-505-8888; to Cincinnati, Fort Myers & Tampa Bay.
- American, tel. 800-433-7300; to Charlotte, Chicago-O'Hare, Philadelphia, Washington Reagan
- Azores, tel. 508-677-0555; seasonal flights to Ponta Delgada, Azores
- Delta, tel. 800-221-1212; to Atlanta & Detroit
- Frontier*, tel. 801-401-9000; to Denver & Orlando (as of mid Aug.2017) - by Fall 2017: to Charlotte, Fort Myers, Miami, New rleans, Tampa and Raleigh.
- JetBlue, tel. 800-538-2583; to Orlando & Ft. Lauderdale
- New England Airlines, tel. 800-243-2460; between Block Island & Westerly, RI.
- Norwegian, tel. 800-357-4159; to Belfast & Bergen (seasonal), to Cork, Dublin, Edinburgh & Shannon.
- Southwest, tel. 800-435-9792; to Baltimore, Chicago-Midway, Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers (seasonal), Orlando, Tampa, Washington-Reagan & West Palm Beach (seasonal).
- TACV Cabo Verde Airlines, tel. 866-359-8228; to Paria, Cabo Verde
- United, tel. 800-241-6522; to Chicago O'Hare, Newark & Washington-Dulles
Providence Green Airport has one passenger terminal. NOTE: For Terminal details at this site open ‘Terminal Map’ and scroll down to the text; for Parking details, open ‘Parking Map’, for ground transportation open ‘Ground Transportation: /Buses & Trains.
Future Airport Developments: The remaining Airport upgrade work will be ongoing until year-end 2017, and involves mainly runway extension/ upgrades, as well as the necessary Main Avenue relocation due to Runway 5's extension.