Providence Green PVD Airport Overview
Estimated travel times: from New Haven 110 minutes, from New London 59, from Boston 71 & from Worcester 73 minutes.
PVD Airport is in the town of Warwick, and only a 10-minute drive from the capital city of Providence. Situated on Post Road, it is conveniently accessible via the Airport Connector Road leading to nearby Interstate Hwy I-95 (Exit 13).
The InterLink, an intermodal facility located in Warwick (with convenient parking garage) connects people with MBTA commuter rail, intercity bus, consolidated rental car facility and a 1,200 foot enclosed skywalk to the Airport.
With an estimated yearly passenger count of 3.6 million and two runways, Providence Green Airport is served by major airlines and several regional jet services and vacation charters, offering muliple destinations in the U.S. with connections around the globe, as well as seasonal service to the Bahamas. During the summer season, Cape Air offers frequent flights to/from Martha's Vineyard / Nantucket.
Current airlines serving Providence Green Airport, their telephone numbers and curent destinations:
- American, tel. 800-433-7300; to Charlotte, Chicago-O'Hare, Philadelphia, Washington Reagan
- Azores, tel. 508-677-0555; seasonal flights to Ponta Delgada, Azores
- Deltta, tel. 800-221-1212; to Atlanta & Detroit
- JetBlue, tel. 800-538-2583; to Orlando & Ft. Lauderdale
- New England, tel. 800-243-2460; between Block Island & Westerly, RI.
- Southwest, tel. 800-435-9792; to Baltimore, Chicago-Midway, Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Mayers (seasonal), Orlando, Tampa, Washington-Reagan & West Palm Beach (seasonal).
- TACV Cabo Verde Airlines, tel. 866-359-8228; to Paria, Cabo Verde
- United, tel. 800-241-6522; to Chicago O'Hare, Newark & Washington-Dulles
Providence Green Airport has one passenger terminal.
Future Airport Developments: The remaining Airport upgrade work will be ongoing until year-end 2017, and involves mainly runway extension/ upgrades, as well as the necessary Main Avenue relocation due to Runway 5's extension.