Peoria General Wayne A. Downing International Airport PIA
serves the City and County of the State of Illinois. It is located on Dirksen Parkway, 4 miles west of the busines district of Peoria and is accesible from Interstate Hwys 474 & 74.
With two long runways and 623,134 passengers in 2016, Peoria International Airport is presently served by Allegiant, American Eagle, Delta & United, offering nonstop flights to major U.S. hubs, with worldwide connections.
The Terminal Complex of Peoria Airport consists of a spacious Main Terminal opened in 2011, and the new Ray LaHood International 'Terminal', opened in May 2016:
The Main passenger terminal at Peoria International Airport,
covers about 125,000 square feet, has 12 departure gates and is able to handle over 2 million passengers annually. Inside the new terminal are landside and airside restaurants, a giftshop, free Wi-Fi access throughout the terminal, an area in each of the wings for child activity, and an information kiosk near the baggage claim area for area hotels & attractions. Vending machines are next to the Premier Lounge which is near the restaurant. An ATM machine is across from the ticket counters & self-service kiosks. The Conference Suite can be contacted at 309-697-8272. For Lost & Found call 309-697-8272.
The new 2-level Ray LaHood International Terminal - connected to the Main Terminal by walkway
- covers an area of 22,000 and houses a full-service Customs & Border Protection facility and 2 more dual-purpose gates for both domestic or international flights.
- Construction work started in early April 2017 by reducing portions of the airport entrance road to one lane - up to late November 2017. Signs will guide passengers for access to the overflow & premier lots via temporary entrance during this time.
Airlines currently serving the terminal:
- Allegiant - tel. 702-505-8888; to Las Vegas, Mesa, & to Florida's Orlando, Punta Gorda, St. Petersburg & from May 2017 to Destin VPS.
- American* - tel. 800-433-7300; to Charlotte, Chicago & Dallas. American and its regional partners also offer service to DFW twice daily.
- Delta - tel. 800-221-1212; to Atlanta, Detroit & Minneapolis
- United - tel. 800-241-6522; to Chicago.
Aside from Limo & taxi service, there is no public transportation available at Peoria Airport.
Present and future Airport developments:
Replacement work on the concrete between gate 5 east to Byerly Aviation has been/ will be done in two phases during both summers of 2016 /2017.