The Airport is located 13 km from the capital city center of Chisinau.
With a long runway* and 2.7 million passengers in 2016, Chisinau Airport is served by domestic airlines Air Moldova, Moldavian Airlines, Vichi, and by a number of international airlines offering direct and connecting flight to all points of the globe. Seasonal charters to popular vacation destinations also serve the Aiport.
- By October 2016, Chisinau Airport was served by 15 airlines to 37 countries & 38 destinations.
- Wizz airlines opened its base at Chisinau Airport in March 2017.
* A second runway measuring 2400x45 meters is currently under construction. In late July 2017 the first phase of the new runway was already put into operation.
- Foreign citizens may apply online for a Visa to enter The Republic of Moldova. To get an e-Visa open: www.visa.md
- Transfer passengers should go to the Transit Desk in the Arrivals Hall; follow directional signs to Transit Passage; go thorugh security check, pass departure hall, check gate number & time and arrive at boarding gate forr your next flight departure.
- Terminal capacity has nearly doubled - enabling it to process 750 passengers per hour.
- Installation of air-conditioning systems and modern lighting was completed.
- The check-in area was extended by 1,200 sq.meters, holding 18 check-in counters. 6 passport control stations are manned by 12 border police personell.
- A new baggage handling system is now in place.
- The Departure area added about 900 sq.meters - giving its departure hall a great appearance - complete with a vertical garden.
- Airline gates and security checkpoints were increased.
The Terminal offers an array of services: currency exchange, VIP lounge, Business Lounge, official delegation hall, rental car counter, a bistro on both levels, duty-free shop, childrens' playround and newsstand with news in several languages. The Customer & Call Center can be reached at +373 22 525 939. The Official Delegation Hall can be contacted at +373 22 525134. Banking facilities on Level 1: Agroindbank, EuroCredit Bank (open 24/7), Eximbank, Moldindcombank and Banca de Econmii (all convertible currency and bank cards are accepted).
The VIP lounge (tel. +373 22 52 4174) on level 2 offers extensive services ; VIP Car services are also available by contacting the VIP lounge 4 hrs prior to flight .
The VIP Lounge (tel/fax +373 22) 52 41 74) offers free WiFi, business facilities, food & drink , and a minibus to the aircraft.
The 500,000 sq.meter Airfield, runway, apron & taxiway development are currently ongoing.