NRN Airport is located at the Airport Ring road (Flughafen-Ring), 3.7 km southwest of the town of Weeze, 30 miles northwest of the city of Duisburg, and only 7 km northwest of The Netherlands' city of Kevelaer and 33 km of Nijmegen.
With a long runway and 1.8 million passengers in 2016, Weeze Airport is served mostly by low-cost airline Ryanair & Transavia, which offers countless destinations. Some charter companies offer seasonal lights to popular vacation destinations.
- Passengers are urged to arrive at the Airport 2 hours prior to their scheduled departure.
- Ryanair refers to Weeze Airport as 'Dusseldorf (Weeze)' - Dusseldorf is the area's largest city, but is 70 km from Weeze.
The passenger terminal at Weeze Airport is open daily 3:30am-12 midnight, no overnight stays are permitted.
Amenities and services inside the terminal:
- The information desk is located on the ground floor of the terminal (Tel: 0 28 37 / 66 61 11).
- The meeting point is at the information desk on the ground floor of the terminal.
- A baby-changing room is on the ground level in the restroom next to the information desk, and in departure area near gate 6.
- An EC cash machine is in the service area at arrivals ground level.
- J&K baggage storage is available opposite of car park P2.
- Lost & Found: tel. +49 (0) 2837 / 666111 or e-mail to: email@example.com
- Internet PC consoles and WiFi access are available in the terminal's pre & post-security areas. For 10-minute e-mail, surfing or chatting the charge is 1 Euro.
- Premium WiFi is now free throughout the terminal.
- Fast-Track Lane gets you quicker to the security check (5 Euos; free for Businenss Plus ticket holders.
- Duty-free shopping applies only to passengers heading the non-Schengen countries or to Canary Islands.
Bistro & Airport restaurant are on the upper level, with acces to visitor's terrace.
- Conference rooms for rent for up to 80 persons are on the upper level; technical equipment can also be rented, and catering is available.
- Travel agents are located in the travel market on the upper floor.
The Niederrhein Airport shops carry gifts, reading material, travel items, snacks, etc.
Public telephones accepting cash and telephone cards are in the service are, arrivals, ground level.
- Rental car counters fare located directly opposite of the arrival area and rental car parking spaces are in the parking lot in front of the terminal.