Domestic arrival pick up point
I'm arriving in KL on a domestic flight from Miri. I [more]peter 11/22/2018
Hello. I have a flight from Australia that arrives at [more]Colin 10/22/2018
arrival on Malaysia air from Sandakan at 435PM depart [more]kf 08/30/2018
Malaysian airline to Oman flight
We arrive on a Malaysian airline from Perth and have [more]Wendy B 04/01/2018
The airport operator of KLIA is 'MAHB' (Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad). In 2017 KLIA received the World Airports Award for having the best immigration service.
KLIA Airport is located on the Malay Peninsula, in the Sepang District, 55 km from the the capital City of Kuala Lumpur - accessible directly from Kuala Lumpur via the North-South Central Link Expressway (ELITE) or its secondary access via the eastern route linking the Nilai Interchange with the Airport. From the air, the Airport looks like a futuristic structure hidden in a remote jungle. KLIA is a regional hub.
The FLIA 'FlyFM 24-hr radio station will keep you posted about traffic and airport-related information.
With 52.6 million passengers in 2016, and three long runways, Kuala Lumpur International is hub to Air Asia, Firefly Jet, and Malaysia Airlines, and is served by a myriad of national and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all parts of the globe.
KLIA's 'one-touch' information number is +603 87760888 - in both English & Malay.
KLIA's Police hotline is 03-877662222.
- The Departure Tax for international passengers is now 200,000 Rp
- Visa: U.S., Canadian, British, Australians, and most European citizens (among others) do not need a visa. On arrival they receive from Immigration a 30-90 day permit to stay. Those who are not part of the current Visa-Waiver Countries may apply for a 'Visa on Arrival' (VOA) for 30 days at $35.
- Goods & Services Tax 'GST' has been implemented throughout Malaysia - making shopping at the Airport 's for tax-free goods more attractive..
- Checking-in & Baggage check-out services at KL City Air Terminal ('KL CAT') - located at City Center - is a virtual extension of KLIA: City check-in services are provided by an increasing number of airlines. KL CAT also offers baggage check-out services, whereby passengers can collect their bags & declare taxable items at KL CAT.
- Left Luggage: Lockers and storage are available at both KLIA1 and KLIA2 -once clearance of baggage reclaim & immigration.
- KLIA2 offers the Air Asia Tune hotel;
- KLIA1 offers the Concorde Inn (a basic no frills hotel), and the 5-star hotel Sama Sama (a 3-time winner of World Luxury Hotels Awards) - connected to the Main Terminal by covered sky bridge.
- The 5-star Pan Pacific Hotel KLIA (tel. +603 8787 3333 /fax 5555), across from Kli1's short-stay carpark, is served by a free shuttle service.
- The Airside Transit Hotel at KlIA2 (tel. +603 8787 4848 /fax 4747) is inside the Satellite Building - next to gate C5.
- The 'Sama Sama Expressa' is a transit hotel between KLIA1 satellite building and KLIA2. It is only available to transit passengers arriving & departing on flights at KLIA1 or KLIA2 and do not clear immigration or customs.
Kuala Lumpur International Airport has two passenger terminals - Terminal 1(Klia1) and the Low-Cost Carrier Terminal Aeropolis Masterplan. For Terminal details at this site open ‘Terminal Map’ and scroll down to the text; for ground transportation open ‘Ground Transportation: /Buses & Trains.
At the Mitsui Outlet Park KLIA Sepang : While Phase 1 has been completed with 138 brand outlets - covering an area of about 3,000 acres (once fully expanded, it will have an area of nearly 178,000 sq. meters) - Phase 2 is to cover an area of 27,500 sq.meters - located next to the current Mitsui Outlet Park. It will hold around 60 more shops, and add another 400 carpark lots to the current 2,100 lots.
A 2-level air-conditioned building is tentatively scheduled for completion by early 2018.