Distance between gates
Landing at gate 11 and departing from gate 22 -how fa [more]Karl 02/13/2018
Time to reach connecting flight from international to domestic
I arrive at Gatwick from Los Angeles at 10:25am, and [more]regina pilozzi 01/17/2018
Can I go to flight connection after arrival
Can I go stright to flight connection or I neet to go [more]Santa 10/20/2017
Short time to transfer
I will arrive on Easyjet from Vienna toe LGW and must [more]DugsDee 09/30/2017
It may be noted that since 2010 Gatwick Airport is a stand-alone Airport - competing directly with London Heatthrow Airport! In this time period it has made considerable upgrades and now serves half of the global growth markets. Due to its runway expansion it is able to accommodate the A380, presently the largest aircaft.
LGW Airport is lonly 5 km north of the town of Crawley, in West Sussex, and is 46 km south of central London, England. It is accessible by a motorway spur road at junction 9A of M23, linking it to the main M23, 1.5 km east at junction 9, and connects with London's orbital motorway.
The Gatwick Airport Railway Station - recently refurbished - is adjacent to the South Terminal.
With one long runway and 43 million passengers in 2016, London Gatwick Airport is served by a multitude of domestic & international, regular & low-cost, and charter airlines, offering direct and connecting flights to all parts of the world. Gatwick also is able to accommodate the Airbus A380. As Gatwick's passenger count is on a steady increase, so do the airline and destination choices available.
Of the current 60 long-haul routes -LAX & OAK (Los Angeles & Oakland airports) are its most popular long-haul destinations.
- As of May 5, 2017, three weekly flights to Kigali in Rwanda, Afrika, are now available (Rwanda voted top emerging tourist destination with One&Only & Wilderness Safaris to open lodges during 2017).
- As of Sept. 2017, Norwegian Air, a low-cost airline, will offer non-stop services to both Seattle and Denver (with Seattle's Mon, Wed & Fri departures; and Denver's Tues & Sat service during summer season, increasing to three weekly flights (including Thursday), in winter 2017/18.
- By early 2018, Norwegian Air will also add Chicago & Austin, TX.
Visa requirements for travelers from India: Tourists, travelers on business & other eligible visitors from India may visit both the UK and North & South Ireland - moving freely between the two countries on a single visa.
Premium Security and Passport control - available at a reasonable price: Premium Security costs 5 Br.Pounds; Passport Control is 9.99 Br.Pounds
Access to Number 1 Gatwick or Regus Express lounges is available at 20 Br.Pounds and includes food, drinks, magazines & WiFi.
Recent Airlines moves: British Airways - to South Terminal; EasyJet & Virgin Atlantic - to North Terminal.
On-Airport Hotels (For general Airport hotel information call 0871 360 2427.)
- BLOC Gatwick Hotel is right next to the South Terminal's departure lounge. It is the answer to passengers needing to catch a 6am flight. Patrons may control from either smartphone or tablet: room temperature, blinds, lights, TV, & bill pay & checkout.
- Hilton London (with business center) with covered walkway to South Terminal and only minutes from North Terminal.
- Sofitel is directly connected to the North Terminal by covered walkway.
- Courtyard by Marriott, a 5-minute walk from South Terminal (with conference facilities).
- Hampton by Hilton, a three-star hotel, at North Terminal with covered walkway.
- YOTEL with 46 cabins is inside the South Terminal, for hourly or overnight stay (tel. +44 (0)20 7100 1100.
London Gatwick Airport has a North & South Terminal.
Present and future Airport developments: As part of the 1.5B Brit.Pd. investment, the North Terminal's construction was completed, increasing capacity from 3K to 4.3K passengers/hr, and its facilities matching those of the South Terminal. Additional upgrade work on North & South Terminals - to be completed by second half 2018 - include: upgrading retail facilities, expanding immigration halls, and adding aircraft parking stands. The Airport is to operate normally throughout the construction phase.
- Installation of the new indoor navigation system with 2,000 beacons isintended for improved passenger way-finding and in turn enable airport providers to launch real-time services. The battery-powered beacons are to become fully operational by Aug/Sept. 2017.
- The departure lounge expansions of North & South Terminalsis scheduled for completion by second half of 2018.
- As of July 28, 2017, the new 5-year plan aims at reaching the 50-million passenger mark. It gives priority to the terminal, airfield & IT projects.
- Regarding the latest twist on Gatwick's endeavor to get a second runway: Upon Government's favorable permission - now postponed to late 2017 when the House of Commons will vote on it - Bechtel is ready to start construction on both the second runway and the midfield terminal development. (Gatwik Airport is currently the only Airport among the world's 20 largest airports, with only one runway.)