Drop-off / Pick-up - Drivers may set passengers down in the designated areas on the terminal forecourts. There is a strict no-waiting policy on the forecourt. If you wish to accompany passengers into the terminal you must use the Short Stay Car Park.
If you are picking passengers up from the airport, you must use the Short Stay Car Park. Car Park 3 (South Terminal) charges a special 15-minute parking fee of £1. The Short Stay Car Parks for each terminal are signposted from roads into Gatwick, and are a short walk from check-in.
A. Short-Stay Parking - ideal if parking for just a few hours: North and South Terminals each have their own Short Stay Car Parks, which are convenient and save, and they are connected to the terminals and only a short waking distance to the Terminal entrance. Short Stay Car Parks for longer periods: If you park for only a day or two, you may be eligible for the Short-Stay Special at a pre-book rate. Fees:
1. Regular Short-Stay Parking at North & South Terminals:
First 15 mins - $1; 15 mins - 30 mins - $2.40
30 minutes - 1 hr - £4.00; 1 to 2 hrs - £5.80
2 to 3 hrs - £7.10; 3 to 4 hrs - £8.80
4 to 5 hrs - £9.80; 5 to 6 hrs - £11.30
6 to 9 hrs - £13.60; 9 to 12 hrs - £14.50
12 to 18 hrs - £17.90; 18 to 24 hrs - £21
Every subsequent 24-hour period or part thereof: £21
2. Short-Stay Fast Track Parking at North & South Terminals: for travelers who need to get into the terminal as quickly as possible. Fees (for both Terminals):
First 3 hrs - £14.60; 3 to 12 hrs - £22.40; 12 to 24 hrs - £27.80
Every subsequent 24-hour period or part thereof - £27.80
B: Long-Stay Parking is ideal for trips of more than a couple of days. Car parks for Long Stay Parking are around North and South Terminals, secure and well maintained with transfer times of about 10-12 mins. Note that all quoted fees are subject to change and may differ by season.
1. Long-Stay Parking around South Terminal: Close to South terminal in a secure and reasonably-priced car park. On arrival take a ticket at the barrier and follow signs to park in the zone indicated. Upon your return to car park drive to the exit barriers, insert your ticket and depart. Transfer from the car park to the South terminal is by shuttle bus, available 24/7, and takes about 4-5 minutes. Pre-book or arrive and obtain parking ticket at regular fees:
First five days - £9/day
Six days and over - £8.70/day.
2. Long-Stay Parking around North Terminal: Use either (a) Gatwick NCP Flightpath or (b) Gatwick Holiday Parking. Both of these car parks are situated slightly to the north of the terminal.
3. Long-Stay Parking at Gatwick NCP Flightpath: The closest (one mile) long term car park to the North Terminal. Open year-round, it provides frequent patrols, security fencing and CCTV coverage. As you arrive, take a ticket from the machine and follow signs to the zone indicated. Upon return, insert your ticket into the machine at the exit barrier--your number plate will be read and the barrier will lift automatically. Coach transfers from Flightpath to the North Terminal run every 10 minutes and take about 10 minutes. Fees: either pre-book or pay when you arrive at the regular fee:
For the first five days - £9/day
For 6 days and over - £9/day
4. Long-Stay Parking at Gatwick Holiday Parking: Two miles from North Terminal,open from April through October, with strong security by frequent staff patrols. The car park is enclosed by security fencing and has CCTV. On arrival, take a ticket and follow "Arrivals" signs. Park in the arrivals area and then make your way to reception where you hand in your keys and receive a receipt for your car. Upon your return, go to reception and present your receipt and barrier ticket to exchange for your keys. A free shuttle bus gets you to the Terminals within seven to nine minutes. Shuttles run every half hour, but can be requested at off-peak times. Fees: N/A
C. Valet Parking: Hassle-free, convenient and available at both Gatwick terminals. Drop your car off on the terminal forecourt and have it delivered back to the terminal forecourt upon your return. Either book valet parking ahead, or drive up on day of departure, in which case the following fees apply:
First day: £35.50 (£39.10 between July 7 and September 20).
Subsequent days: £12.30 per day (£13.50 for subsequent days between July 7 and September 20).
Airport Location & Driving Distances: - Gatwick is 28 miles (45km) south of London, linked directly to the M23 at Junction 9 and to the A23 London-Brighton road. The M25 London orbital motorway is a ten-minute drive away (Junction 7), providing connections to the national road and motorway network.
Satellite navigation system postcodes: South Terminal: RH6 0NP; North Terminal: RH6 0PJ.
Driving Distances to Gatwick (miles) From:
Brighton 28 (45km)
Cambridge 96 (154km)
Chelmsford 61 (98km)
Clapham 25 (40km)
Croydon 19 (30km)
Dartford 35 (56km)
Dorking 13 (21km)
Guildford 34 (54km)
Kingston Upon Thames 27 (43km)
London 28 (45km)
Portsmouth 62 (99km)
Redhill 7 (11.2km)
Tunbridge Wells 23 (37km)
Directions to Parking Facilities:
1. Directions for Long Stay South Terminal:
You will find it located next to the South terminal. From the direction of London or Brighton, exit M23 at J9 following signs on the roundabout for Gatwick Airport. Keeping on the inside lane, exit left at the next roundabout following signs for the South Terminal and then take the second exit on the left, sign-posted Long Stay Car Park. Follow signs for Long Stay South bear right until you reach the entrance barrier for Long Stay South Terminal car park.
2. Directions to Flightpath Gatwick:
From the direction of London or Brighton exit the M23 at Junction nine and follow signs for Gatwick Airport at the roundabout; at the first roundabout go straight-ahead following signs for the North Terminal; a the next roundabout take the third exit sign posted Long Stay Car Park; go past the BP gas station on your right and straight over at the next small roundabout; follow the road for approximately a mile to the next roundabout and turn right into the NCP Flightpath car park.
For satellite navigation, the postcode for Long Stay Parking at North Terminal is RH6 0RN
3. Directions to Gatwick Holiday Parking:
From the direction of London or Brighton exit the M23 at junction nine and follow signs for Gatwick airport at the roundabout: (a) at the first roundabout go straight ahead (junction 9a) following signs for the North terminal; (b) at the next roundabout take the fourth exit sign posted Crawley A23; (c) at the next roundabout turn left following signs for Charlwood; (d) follow the road for approximately one mile, passing through Povey Cross. Holiday Parking