Important Notices: The Station redevelopment projects will be ongoing until Spring 2018.
- Pay-as-you-go Oyster and contactless card services: Rail passengers between the Airport and London's National Rail services may now use this card - available for Southern, Gatwick Express & Thameslink between Gatwick & London, and for Great Western between Gatwick & Redhill. The fare has been set at Br.Pd.14 for rush hour, or Br.Pd.8 for non-rush hours.
- The railway station is at the South Terminal. Passengers arriving at the North terminal may use the free shuttle service. (Rail tickets can be obtained at both terminal's rail informationesk in the Arrivals area.
- The 'Gatwick Gateway' Airport Station is under redevelopment. Its first phase has been completed: new Platform 7now expedites fast trains from both London Bridge and London Victoria to travel through the station. New trains are to deliver more seating, while rail capacity through Gatwick will double, and a train will depart the Airport for London every 3 minutes:
- By 2018 Thameslink trains will no longer stop at London Bridge, but will also include direct services to Peterborough & Cambridge. (http://www.thameslinkrailway.com/ )
- Between Aug. 2016 & Jan. 2018 Cannon Street services don't stop at London Bridge.
Thameslink Projects: - Farringdon station by 2018 is to become an interchange between the north-south Thameslink route, the east-west Crossrail route & the tube (with over 140 trains per hour).
- London Bridge station is getting more platforms to accommodate up to 18 Thameslink trains/hr. The Concourse will be rebuilt for one single access to all plaforms. For more information open: http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk/
A. By Train: For National Rail information call +44 (0)845 746 4950 or contact: Gatwick Express at: www.gatwickexpress.com; for other trains www.nationalrail.co.uk; or National Express at : www.nationalexpress.com .
The Gatwick Express trains to London Victoria run every 15 mins and take half an hour.
First Capital Connect runs every 15 minutes to Brighton (via Mid-Sussex) and to Bedford via East Croydon, London Bridge, St. Pancras International and Luton.
'Southern' runs northbound trains to London Victoria via East Croydon & Clapham Junction, and to London Bridge via East Croydon. Its southbound service runs to Brighton, Eastbourne, Portsmouth & Southampton.
The Heathrow Express departs from Paddington every 15 mins and takes 15 minutes to Heathrow Central & 21 mins to Terminal 5, while Terminal 4 passengers should change at Heathrow Central.
- To get to the Croydon station, take the X26 Express bus.
- Travel between Victoria & Paddington stations can be done via bus, taxi or the Underground (District & Circle Lines).
The National Express offers 24/7 service between the Airport & Kent, taking about an hour. Pickup & dropoff points include Canterbury, Catham, Gillingham, Maidstone, Margate, Boardstairs & Ramsgate.
B. By Bus:
National Express Coaches serve Heathrow Airport and nationwide.
Oxford Bus serves Oxford.
EasyBus minibuses from both terminals serve Earls Court / West Brompton.
Metrobus & Fastway, a guided bus rapid transit system, runs from both terminals to Crawley, Horley, Rdhill, Horsham, and on.
Airport to Airport Transfer: To transfer to either London Heathrow (75 mins), Stansted (3 hrs), or Luton (2.5 hrs), take the National Express, which offers a non-stop service between Gatwick & Heathrow, and some direct services to Stansted & Luton airports. Both North & South terminals have a ticket desk for National Express, or you can call +44(0)871 781 8181.